Rejected Tech Plugin Instructions Outdated

Discussion in 'Server' started by aprader1, Jan 29, 2020.

1. aprader1

aprader1 Insert amazing title here

The instructions for downloading and running the open-source Massivecraft plugins are heavily outdated. One example of this is the links listed in the git clone commands. Bitbucket is heavily outdated. The new GitHub links should be used in this guide. https://www.massivecraft.com/tech-compile. This is just one example of the guide being outdated.

2. 65jes89

65jes89 Leader of SunKiss

?

Massive uses bitbucket, the github repos that were ran by cayorion are archived. Looking at it, most of it looks up to date, at least to my knowledge.

3. aprader1

Cloning the bitbucket links from the various websites shown in the tech guide will not allow you to build the project whatsoever. They error out at CoreXLibGuava

4. 65jes89

65jes89 Leader of SunKiss

That means the pom.xml is just fucked, those are still the active repos. Post the error message you're getting from maven, I might be able to help you, but you'll prob have to ask birb or geek.

5. aprader1

I copied the pom exactly from what was shown on the page. If the links don’t need changed, the Pom probably does. I will start a dm with you to see if we can get this resolved.