Pending Review Tarchlann Reintroduction + Narrative

Discussion in 'Roleplay' started by RememberTheGame, Jan 14, 2019.

?

Do you think it is a good or bad idea?

1. I think it is a good idea.

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. I think it is a bad idea.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RememberTheGame

RememberTheGame The Local Chav

So, I will be really frank on the get-go. I may be out very heavily on my information, as they were removed about a year ago but the idea of the Tarchlann fell back onto me when I saw there are still pieces on the Did You Know in the wiki. They weren't half a bad idea, and their misuse is kind of a shame to see them go which is why I propose an idea to try and bring them back in a less edgy, anime fueled way.

Just for anyone who didn't know, the Tarchlann was a native American niche with purple eyes and hair who could speak to spirits, if I am not mistaken. The only shred of information you can find left on the wiki is here in baseball cards, but last I heard they were either underused or just incorrectly used. God knows. But anyway, let's get on with the suggestion.

1. Reintroduce the Tarchlann as a colony split off from Muird, living as natives to Eotor before the rapid colonization of different states. They stay defended, in small pockets across the continent (and would exist as their own mini-state/community) driving a similar and ideally, less toxic scenario to the Freya Lo Resistance situation. Add more diversity to the appearances, maybe the hair converts to the extreme purple it was over age and younger generations have a more darkened, muted purple similar to a dye. There is a lot of capability for roleplay here if driven correctly with the right people.
    2. While this is only a suggestion to add a narrative to their involvement, reorganize the spirit magic and speaking to the spirits with involvement from Seraph, Meraic or potentially the third civilization with time rifts. I specifically say this because it could be used to tie in the 1920's roleplay that died out a while back. You could tie in conquests to claim an artifact capable of viewing the past, listening to conversations to gather vast amounts of knowledge or just have a bunch of natives, seeing the ghosts of past with a temple orphan trapped inside a ruin.
    This is generally just a narrative opportunity I figured was worth sharing if it could even be considered but it would draw a lot of attention from communities over. Natives sat on top of a vault, holding artifacts men would spill blood over to a potential weapon of war against the Songaskians or potentially, the key to finding out the most effective way to enter Solangeria.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

Tarchlann lore and Muird as a whole were very different in terms of the lore. Primal Magic was not the traditional magic of Void/Exist and wasn't fully complete due to how it was supposed to work. The spirits in Muird was more of a passive "cool" and had no impact in Regalia. The race itself was based on Primal Magic, and had little more besides the "foreigner in a foreign land."

I see no reason to bring back this race. If anything it would fit well with that one Ailor culture in Sendras, but the hair and eyes would need to be normalized.

3. RememberTheGame

RememberTheGame The Local Chav

Glad somebody remembered what they actually were, but they are still the closest thing we have to native Americans.

4. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

I'd say Avanthar are somewhat close to Native Americans after horses were reintroduced to the continent.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Conflee

Conflee Me an the bois at 3 am lookin for BEANS!

It would need heavy altering to be made, good. But once more important stuff is ironed out I'd be in favor. Dwarves, Isldar culture expansion, maybe Cielothar?

6. HydraLana

HydraLana The Very Gay Walking Talking Lore Encyclopedia Staff Member Lore3

Avanthar currently fill our "Native American" niche, at least to some degree in terms of Plains First Nations, with their tribal living style and existence out in the plains but also existing in more civilized society. It isn't a one to one of course, but it is close.

The Tarchlann were also based on Irish culture, but we recently had a large and deep expansion of Claith (our old Irish culture) into Ériunin: https://wiki.massivecraft.com/Ériunin

In addition, the Slizzar were given purple eyes, purple hair and the ability to form other aesthetics that essentially mean if they Template to the right person, they could very well be exactly like a Tarchlann Ailor. In more general though, eye colors mean something in the lore and at the moment, we are essentially at peak saturation for unique eye color.

As for Primal Magic, from what I am aware it still exists, just not in the way it used to in relation to Spirits and all that. But an expansion on that is likely a long way off.