Archived Talk Roleplay Vs Action Roleplay (warzones?)

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider6106

King of Dovahkiin, the DragonBorn
Reaction score
This isn't an idea that should be implemented or such, it's just an idea and I'm am curious as to what options there are for action roleplaying, like the Stoneale Tavern nray93 mentioned!
It seems Roleplay combat is mostly verbal. Being that minecraft is a game with pvp combat features, wouldn't it be cool to incorporate some pvp into roleplay...? Not for some.
So imagine in Regalia or somewhere (idk, this is just a thought), there could be small warzone sections or streets/alleys where you can engage in some rp pvp. Muggings, brawls? =D
Such a thing would probably be abused though. New players, noobs, running rampant fist fighting in pvp areas.. D:
In these zones pacifist could probably be true for all players, so you can rp pvp without the worry of losing items you are rp'ing with.
Or you can just rp in wilderness! :D
But for those who do want to action roleplay, what are the possible options at the moment, is wilderness it? I would love roleplaying if it was a little more interactive. ;)

Edit:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It seems this concept has been thought of before, by Kapry. And he had a particularly good and realistic idea of how such an element of rp can be implemented. Take a look:
http://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/brawl-plugin.4462/#post-34142
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I disagree.
Pvpeanuts are just going to run into those zones because they can kill, and the two roleplayers won't even get the chance to fight.

It seems Roleplay combat is mostly verbal. Being that minecraft is a game with pvp combat features, wouldn't it be cool to incorporate some pvp into roleplay...? Not for some.
So imagine in Regalia or somewhere (idk, this is just a thought), there could be small warzone sections or streets/alleys where you can engage in some rp pvp. Muggings, brawls? =D
In these zones pacifist could probably be true for all players, so you can rp pvp without the worry of losing items you are rp'ing with.
Such a thing would probably be abused though. New players, noobs, running rampant fist fighting in pvp areas.. D:
Or you can just rp in wilderness! :D
But for those who do want to action roleplay, what are the possible options at the moment, is wilderness it? I would love roleplaying if it was a little more interactive. ;)

Stoneale Tavern is what you are looking for. It is in regalia , a pvp zone , and has an enderchest to store your stuff before you go fighting.
Unfortunaly it is currently not accessable since the poor district is closed.

Stoneale Tavern is what you are looking for. It is in regalia , a pvp zone , and has an enderchest to store your stuff before you go fighting.

Ah that's cool, I had no idea about it. I'll check it out when it opens again!

You shut off the access to it from the secret areas?

You shut off the access to it from the secret areas?

Ah that's cool, I had no idea about it. I'll check it out when it opens again!

The poor district can still be accessed by going in through the waterfall by the stairs that lead to noble district

The poor district can still be accessed by going in through the waterfall by the stairs that lead to noble district

Wow such a cool area down there. Great atmosphere. Shame it's all closed of and replaced with standard uniform buildings. It would be cool if Regalia had a little more variation in styles/cultures again like it originally did. It's still cool as it is now though.

Wow such a cool area down there. Great atmosphere. Shame it's all closed of and replaced with standard uniform buildings. It would be cool if Regalia had a little more variation in styles/cultures again like it originally did. It's still cool as it is now though.
I think they're working on that as we speak. I know another district just opened up. And they're working on redoing the sewers and poor district.

Interesting that something like this got some disagrees when something similar like this:
http://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/brawl-plugin.4462/#post-34142

Got 43 Positive Ratings...
and no Negative Ratings

If you read through that suggestion you'll find some really good ideas in relation to the originally posted idea here

Ha ha thanks Bsavs, exactly the kind of thing that would fulfill that pvp desire in roleplaying!
Kapry has thought of a great way to mix pvp in, and it sounds like it wouldn't be 'too' hard to implement.

I like this, for I am a firm believer that if you cannot beat someone in PvP, you should not be able to beat them in RP combat. Admin themselves say that RP and PvP were supposed to come hand in hand. It only makes sense to have something like this. Or like the brawl pluggin that was suggested quite some time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.