Survival Changes

Discussion in 'Feature & Idea Discussion - Archive' started by Winterless, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

Aight here's the skinny

Basically, the survival department is in early days, and brainstorming ideas to the survival worlds is the current objective. I have some ideas of my own, however I would like community input on these suggestions, as we are encouraged to communicate with those outside of the staff sphere

This should just be a thread for people to discuss their ideas for changes. Don't flame, or I'll tag staff and angry things will happen

Just gonna put down some of my basic ideas, feel free to discuss.

-Re-implementation of MCMMO Repair, at an increased diamond cost compared to regular repair.
    -Balancing of MassiveMobs, reducing the spawnrate etc.
    -Some sort of weekly and monthly survival event similar to what we have for PvP with Koth and PvP tournaments (e.g. a weekly dungeon with progression deeper into it every week culminating in a boss battle for the end of the month)
    -Increased emphasis on Faction world events, with rewards for hosting them

Tagging randoms
    @Tokuu @Maytee @Viscar @hardname12 @Ninja124r @Hubrecht @Herecy @Genecide65 @secrebuild3r @Shaneski101 @Sevak

@AnyoneElseWhoGivesATossAboutFactions

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Ninja124r

Ninja124r brainlag

yes
    yes
    yes
    yes
    yes
    yes
    yes
    yes
    yes
    yes
    yes
    yes
    yes
    yes
    yes
    yes

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  3. MorgothTheDark

MorgothTheDark Melkor

I like repair as it is, so my opinion on that is to keep it as it is. I understand you disagree, and others may as well, but I like the fact that repairing items is more difficult now. I guess there's just something about XP grinding and anvils that I enjoy.

Mob spawns could be toned down a bit to help new players, balancing on them would be good. I'm always for anything that helps new players. I don't really find them bothersome to established players, with exclusion to a few mobs.

Yes, we need more events where the community meaningfully interacts and has something fun to do en-masse. Progression is always good because it keeps people involved.

Last point is also good, but I'm not sure whether you're saying we need staff to host more events in factions, or have more events hosted by factions themselves. If massive were to add incentives to hosting events, factions that are capable would surely strive to do so.

Either way, more events in the factions world is good.

#3 MorgothTheDark, Apr 28, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  4. Tokuu

Tokuu Dvorin Onyxbeard, Belegostian Elder

The top two fall under the category of the PvP reworks which have already begun from the Game perspective.

Others, they definitely seem interesting, though current capabilities may somewhat limit what we can and cannot do there, but hopefully we can actually get someplace meaningful them too, as any ideas with gravity behind them should be explored

5. CnocBride

CnocBride Former leader of Enigma.

Ok, so I'm going to reply to each of your points individually.

1. I would indeed like to see the return of some form of repair. The last repair was far too OP when you coupled it with the Gift4All weapons/armor. This could lead to 200+ items being deposited into the server economy at peak time and caused the huge crash of the economy. I do believe that repairing armour has become tougher and I get depressed everytime I see my chestplate go over 20 XP repair cost. I really do like the idea of using diamonds to repair armour and I believe it is one of the few ways we can actually make repair balanced. As Tokuu said, reviews of this kind of thing will take place over the coming weeks through Game-Player interaction. I would recommend "@AnyoneElseWhoGivesATossAboutFactions" to post their own ideas underneath this thread!

2. I actually don't have much problem with MassiveMobs. I think the mob rate is OK and while I do believe some players can find it hard to get into darkrooming initially due to the toughness of some mobs, I still believe factions that actually care for their members will look after them. I would really like to hear more opinion on this before I provide my full opinion on the matter.

3. I believe that events that involve Survival elements are the most popular on the server. Our PvE events by far attract the most visitors and it is always great to see a big turnout. Game will continue to run events that appeal to roleplayers and survivalists, but I do like the idea of dungeons and there almost being a story to it. Throw in a few lore items and we can attract some roleplayers, add some other rewards that are balanced and we can attract faction player. I really think the Survival Team and Game staff can really make such an idea come to fruition.

4. Faction events have been discussed at previous CoK meetings (please attend) and we have come to the decision to allow winners of each CoK month to host faction events with a protected period of 30 minutes. While this only apply's to CoK winners, I still think we need to see more events like the Tournament of Lamplight that Insani are supposed to be hosting. I would be glad to hear what people would like to see in return for hosting an event.

In conclusion, please keep contributing your ideas. The idea "staff never listen" should be disproven by the obvious interest of Game staff in refining factions to the best it can be!

6. Enkiduu

Enkiduu Looming

I'd like to see the more powerful Massivemobs made far more rare and less common. They make it harder to enjoy exploring the world.

I've also been mulling the idea of having dungeons replace the need for darkrooms. What do others think of this?

• Like Like x 1
    • Constructive Constructive x 1
  7. Zacatero

Zacatero Regalian High Lord

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

I think it's a bit odd that Massivemobs seem to cater to people with god armor on. I'd like to have them rebalanced so that noob with the default iron armor and weapons can have a decent time killing mobs. Blue mobs should be an issue for them, and green ones should be avoided.

It just makes mobs an nuisance, since players without god gear die to them easily, while those who have god gear just grind mobs. While these suggestion would make it very easy to kill normal mobs, I think that's a tradeoff that might be worth pursuing.

• Common mobs: A new player with iron gear should be able to handle these mobs like normal vanilla minecraft.
    • Enchanted mobs: A player with 100 mcmmo and diamond gear should be able to handle these mobs as if they were vanilla.
    • Uncommon: A player with god armor should be able to deal with these mobs as if they were vanilla.
    • Rare: fine as is
    • Epic: fine as is.
    By "like vanilla minecraft" I mean that given the weapon tier suggested (iron, diamond, god) a player should be able to 2-4 hit kill most mobs of that rarity. peaceful mobs should be 2 hits, while hostiles should be around 4.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. grizenator

grizenator Refugee

Dungeons would be cool, made in layers with each layer increasing in difficulty and the final layer contains a boss, couple this with a few secret doors, rare drops and massive magic words you can learn and we may have a cool new event. Maybe even make one of the staff the final boss ?

10. CnocBride

The only way I can think of possibly making darkrooms more accessible to new players, is by changing the spawn height of mobs. One thing is, this may require Tech input or some configuration under the hood to take place.

I believe if we change the required spawn height of mobs, we could essentially put easier darkrooms closer to the ground and harder darkrooms at the bottom. If we could get darkrooms closer to the ground just to spawn white and blue mobs, that would give factions a chance to build darkrooms for their new players, while building darkrooms closer to bedrock will allow for more powerful mob spawns to happen.

I have no clue if this is even possible:
    1. It COULD require Tech. If not, great!
    2. If such a feature isn't even possible due to the limitations on Spigot, then my idea is out of luck.
    3. This could maybe cause some problems with mobs spawning at ground level.
    4. Some people mightn't even like the idea!
    Personally, I would like to see dungeons as some form of alternative to a darkroom, and also give roleplayers and less inclined "grinders" to have a bit more fun in fighting mobs. Some players may still prefer the efficiency and scale of darkrooms, other people I believe would like to see an enjoyable storyline to play along to.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Reaganism

Reaganism 40th President of the United States

Reduce guardian spawns please.

Can't mine my Ithanian estate's dark marble floor in Hyarroc without getting killed every five minutes.

• Winner Winner x 2
  12. CnocBride

I do agree that guardian spawns can be slightly excessive. The biggest issue for me is when that bloody elder guardian hops across your screen and it scares me into next week :(

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Enkiduu

Enkiduu Looming

Should be doable since Massivemobs can be edited to have a Y-minimum and Y-maximum.

14. Conflee

Conflee Me an the bois at 3 am lookin for BEANS!

Dungeons would be amazing. I dont do survival much but I've always said if there were some kinds of world dungeons other than the quest ones Id be digging in so to speak.

Something that would be interesting would be some minor lore tie-ins with Dungeon events. Could make them ancient Seraph ruins or dragon tomb things with little lore staff approved teasers/tidbits littered around for discovery.

15. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

Ooh that could be a cool idea