Dated Suggestions To Improve The Server

Discussion in 'Factions' started by MASSIVEGAY, Sep 30, 2018.

1. MASSIVEGAY

MASSIVEGAY

I started playing in the massive about 4 years ago, being a '' veteran '' player, I know that massive has had better days in the past and plenty of glories too.
    So, I think it's possible for the massive to return to what was before or even greater, but for that to happen some rules may have to be changed and something new implemented, such as some of the following suggestions that I will give:

TAB: All of us 'raiders' know how annoying it is to see in the same TAB players who are in Regalia and others who are in the world of survival Essalonia. We end up having to go to the faction to see if the player is really there, but he's not really there, so either let's go or we'll stay for the endless hours hoping he'll come back.

Strike Traits and Debuffs: Okay, this is a suggestion more mine than others. I'm getting a little annoyed to see players using traits / pots and flying with their elytras, blinding everyone down on the ground and wanting only a normal fight, no strike or blind debuffs.
    I think this should be reviewed by someone who knows how to do PvP, and realizes how annoying it is

ALT FACTIONS: Maybe, as a former player of the massive I am, do not agree with some of the rules implemented in the new server, this is one of them.
    We all understood that the ALT factions were actually accurate at times, as for example in DarkRooms, or even in TP Raids. I will give the example, in my faction we have a darkroom claimed by us under the whole territory, only that there is a problem, mobs give spawn anywhere inside the faction when we activate the flag.
    I think this rule should be reviewed as there are parameters that should not be changed by the ALT Factions.

Changing the speed of the mobs and their spawn: Mobs in the massive, it seems now they run, especially the skeletons.
    I also think massivemobs could be added, as in the past, as they were beneficial in cash or XP.
    Since the spawning of mobs, it should be changed to have more frequency, I'm not sure what the problem is, but my darkroom for example, for instance, no longer has mobs for me to kill

• Powerful Powerful x 2
  2. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

Tab shows everyone on the same server. We only have one server rn, so you see everyone.

I don't pvp, so I can't comment on using debuffs. But my few times trying to use debuffs usually had me dying by my own hands, or a simple kill from someone more seasoned with the proper meta.

I wouldn't be upset if you could turn on mob spawns per chunk. But I don't think alt factions are the way to go. torch up the place if mobs are an issue.

Mobs are vanilla mobs with vanilla properties. They shouldn't be changed since that's how they exist. At least we don't have cooldowns for attacks. I also don't see any issue with mobs spawning in the darkroom I use. afk for a few minutes and they'll spawn. or darkroom at an off hour where players aren't loading other chunks on the server.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  3. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

Being fixed with sharding, which will split Essalonia and Regalia into separate instances.

This is also being worked on- the combat flags for Elytra weren't configured 100% correctly so Tech are fixing that.

Which part? Traits? or Debuffs using Elytra? For Traits they were decided to be re-implemented by a discord of basically exclusively PvPers/Survivalists, who voted unanimously in favour of re-implementing combat traits.

This isn't related to anything we've done config-wise, it's to do with server population and TPS.

4. 65jes89

65jes89 Leader of SunKiss

I voted against it :(

5. CnocBride

CnocBride Former leader of Enigma.

We have just released the restrictions on alt factions relating to darkrooms, so that should be something pleasing to your ears. All other alt rules will remain in place for the time being.

6. SirePyro

SirePyro The Definition of Insanity

This seems pretty minor... Given the removal of MaxRaidTime, MaxTribute, and a variety of pvp-oriented changes, I really don't feel that another one is needed. As Winterless said, Sharding will fix the issue you mentioned, but IMO it isn't the high priority must-fix issue you seemed to imply it was.

Again, not a huge deal. I realize that elytra are meant to autodisable when you're flagged, and if they aren't, that's not a planning error, it's a glitch or something. Also, remove traits? Remove pots? That seems... generally unwise. I mean, are you saying debuff potions just should be entirely disabled/removed from the server? I don't think I've ever seen anyone complain about them before, which is to say, I don't know that it's a very widespread issue. And traits? Those are one of those things that add a unique little addition to gameplay and make the server stand out above the competition, like Factions, the Regals system, and MCMMO. Other servers have these individual plugins, but Massive is the home of many and implements them better than anyone else. To remove a big one like Traits just seems a little frivolous,IMO.

All in all, I understand your concerns, but on some level I have to draw a line and say that I haven't noticed any sort of epidemic of people throwing blindness potions or escaping pvp on elytra(as far as I knew, they disabled during pvp). I definitely share your frustrations on owning alt factions, though, and I'm glad they are deregulating alt DR factions a bit.