Archived Suggestions / My Ideas

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

Baserocks

Refugee
Reaction score
Faction
Afrovia
So as most of you know i have joined with Abusiveadmin in Afrovia. I'd like to that mafro for giving us the chance to come play with him. But i do believe there are things that need to be fixed. So here it is

PROS CONS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* The competition has been great * PvP needs to be fixed. Now what i mean by
that is that crits do to much damage.

* So what needs to be done is the fact that
people will come to your base and wont
die because they just sit there pot and dont
die because they are scared.

* Admins/Staff has been very helpful

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
* PvP needs to be fixed. Now what i mean by that is that crits do to much damage.
What? If you're referring to vanilla crits, they do just as much damage as normal. If you're referring to mcmmo crits, I don't really see a problem with them. Keep in mind that traits allow for much more tankier pvp than normal. One thing I've noticed fighting you is that you don't seem to use absorbtion 2 traits. This allows you to be dropped much easier.

* So what needs to be done is the fact that people will come to your base and wont die because they just sit there pot and dont die because they are scared.
They don't die because they're scared? What? Do you just think that everyone should just not be able to pot if they fall in your trap? Are they supposed to just take off their armor and not let you kill them immediately? I fail to see any correlation between getting stuck in a trap and being "scared." If you actually want to kill people so that they drop their items, I suggest you actually pvp rather than just trap.

What? If you're referring to vanilla crits, they do just as much damage as normal. If you're referring to mcmmo crits, I don't really see a problem with them. Keep in mind that traits allow for much more tankier pvp than normal. One thing I've noticed fighting you is that you don't seem to use absorbtion 2 traits. This allows you to be dropped much easier.

They don't die because they're scared? What? Do you just think that everyone should just not be able to pot if they fall in your trap? Are they supposed to just take off their armor and not let you kill them immediately? I fail to see any correlation between getting stuck in a trap and being "scared." If you actually want to kill people so that they drop their items, I suggest you actually pvp rather than just trap.
No. the fact that you guys always come to our base and we fight u off. you fight us. then before you die you stop hitting us so you dont loose loot. its stupid

No. the fact that you guys always come to our base and we fight u off. you fight us. then before you die you stop hitting us so you dont loose loot. its stupid
That's stratergy. You're telling me, that if there was a way you could keep your loot in a PvP battle, you wouldn't do it?

That's stratergy. You're telling me, that if there was a way you could keep your loot in a PvP battle, you wouldn't do it?
There is a difference between strategy and playing the system to keep your loot.

Strategy is doing scouting prior to attacking someone, and realizing they may outnumber you by a bit, so fighting them might not be the best idea.

Playing the system is what most people do. Which is kiting the enemies for at least 30 seconds so they can get Pacifist true, even if they are heavily outnumbered and outmatched and should have died and dropped their loot.

There is a difference between strategy and playing the system to keep your loot.

Strategy is doing scouting prior to attacking someone, and realizing they may outnumber you by a bit, so fighting them might not be the best idea.

Playing the system is what most people do. Which is kiting the enemies for at least 30 seconds so they can get Pacifist true, even if they are heavily outnumbered and outmatched and should have died and dropped their loot.
Scouting? What's that supposed to achieve exactly?... You can figure out how many people there are? /f f achieves the same thing...

Scouting? What's that supposed to achieve exactly?... You can figure out how many people there are? /f f achieves the same thing...
Since you want to be nitpicky.
  • Scouting allows you to survey a base before actually attacking it.
  • Allows identification of weak points.
  • Allows identification of places you should stay away from.
  • Can be used as a slaughtering run to kill livestock or steal crops or loot unlocked just outside of faction claim.

What baserocks is saying:

If you are camping my base 24/7 and we cannot do basework, if we go through the effort of killing you. We want your shit.

Since you want to be nitpicky.
  • Scouting allows you to survey a base before actually attacking it.
  • Allows identification of weak points.
  • Allows identification of places you should stay away from.
  • Can be used as a slaughtering run to kill livestock or steal crops or loot unlocked just outside of faction claim.
What... Nobody does that lol... Not because we don't care about strategy, but because it's honestly just useless...

If you are camping my base 24/7 and we cannot do basework, if we go through the effort of killing you. We want your shit.
If you're being camped 24/7 file a harassment complaint or surrender. Simple as that.

I believe that you can request staff to tell the PvPers to leave if they have been there 24/7. I may be wrong on this as the rules change quite often for PvP. As for the crits, it's part of the game. And for the not dying part, PvPers on MassiveCraft a quite different from those on regular factions servers, we are well equipped, know how to use the implements that the Tech Staff and PvP Staff have given us. This saying, when traits was first implemented, we tried every type of combination and strategy to figure out what works best. Finally every PvPer who PvPs often know the basic trait builds, tank, dps, etc. We are well trained in fighting each other as well, I believe Jes has killed me a few times and I have killed him maybe once or twice. We all started from the bottom and worked our way up. My advice, tough it up and practice/prepare.

From what I understand... Staff can request immediate halt of the raids if it's constant and if the result of the constant raid is overly detrimental to the defending player's experience. Afrovia is in a bit of a hole since they have... I'm guessing 4 current and approved wars against them (i haven't checked recently)

@Baserocks afrovia does have the ability to surrender and enter into the mandatory 30 day peace with the attacker. And most of them have given other surrender terms than just max tribute. I suggest making some pots of your own to counter their pots.

So as most of you know i have joined with Abusiveadmin in Afrovia. I'd like to that mafro for giving us the chance to come play with him. But i do believe there are things that need to be fixed. So here it is

PROS CONS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* The competition has been great * PvP needs to be fixed. Now what i mean by
that is that crits do to much damage.

* So what needs to be done is the fact that
people will come to your base and wont
die because they just sit there pot and dont
die because they are scared.

* Admins/Staff has been very helpful

I would respond if I knew what you were trying to say. Maybe you can clarify a little?

Basically what I'm seeing here is people that use super inefficient ways of killing (bows and traps) complaining because you get nothing from it.

You want to get loot for your troubles? Be a man and actually fight. You want people to stop raiding you so you can build? Surrender.

Simple as that.

Basically what I'm seeing here is people that use super inefficient ways of killing (bows and traps) complaining because you get nothing from it.

You want to get loot for your troubles? Be a man and actually fight. You want people to stop raiding you so you can build? Surrender.

Simple as that.
Pretty much sums up my opinion on the matter.

I think extending the timer for pacifist is a decent idea that everyone could agree on, even if both sides are going to argue with each other about everything else

I think extending the timer for pacifist is a decent idea that everyone could agree on, even if both sides are going to argue with each other about everything else
Well it was lowered from 70 days to 30 days around April/May. It was right when I joined so I don't quite know the reason. But I know it must have been a good one since it basically cut the pacifist time in half.

Well it was lowered from 70 days to 30 days around April/May. It was right when I joined so I don't quite know the reason. But I know it must have been a good one since it basically cut the pacifist time in half.
Pacifist is not time out time. He's talking about the 30 second PVP flag.

Pacifist is not time out time. He's talking about the 30 second PVP flag.
My apologies.

Now @Bsavs let me ask you this. When you say
Do you mean extending the 30 seconds required to become PVP Inactive?

Do you mean extending the 30 seconds required to become PVP Inactive?
Yes, that is what the pacifist timer is.
I think this could probably be extended to around 1 - 3 minutes to make the cost of engaging in combat a bit more costly

Honestly it's pretty easy to kill someone in 30 seconds unless they're defending and manage to run inside, or they're in a trap and you're killing them with an ineffecient method such as tnt, archery, poison, etc. So, essentially, extending the pacifis would only aid people who are cowardly using traps rather than actually fight directly.

Honestly it's pretty easy to kill someone in 30 seconds unless they're defending and manage to run inside, or they're in a trap and you're killing them with an ineffecient method such as tnt, archery, poison, etc. So, essentially, extending the pacifis would only aid people who are cowardly using traps rather than actually fight directly.
I agree so much with this that a simple rating wouldn't do it justice. I think that traps are smart and fun but they should not be the primary way of killing or dealing damage in any PVP experience.

It's extremely easy to tank test anyone for 30 seconds and lose nothing. There should not be an argument about reducing risk in pvp when at most you risk losing 200-250r, which is a meaningless amount to most players.

Last edited:
Extending the timer would not help, most players who PvP get premium for a couple reasons, the damage boost, extra traits, and the keeping items after 30 seconds. Removing/extending it will make donating for premium to be valued less and the server's economy is already hurting. (Coming from purchasing premium IG with regals from other players) Trapping should not be a way of killing people, it should be used as a sort of debuff. Trap them, debuff then (trapping helps by not debuffing yourself), then jump in and kill them with weapons (quicker than just trapping and shooting with bow/insta-damage)