Archived Suggestion: Use Uberforest Plugin For Reforestation

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yendor46

Nicholai the Elder
Reaction score
Faction
TheElders
There have been several discussions about reforestation of some of the worlds. In looking through the Bukkit plugins I found UberForest:
http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/uberforest/
This is a highly configurable plugin for automatically regrowing forests designed for large servers. This might be a good solution for forest and jungle worlds, and could prove to be a standard feature for forest regeneration on Massivecraft worlds. Please have a look, and see whether this might be useful.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Looks good. It be perfect for the Daendroc forrests. Although the trees must only regrow. They must not exceed their previous borders :P. If that is possible, then you have my full surport on the matter.

(Unless i chop down an area to build a city and it grows back into my city when my back is turned:P)

If it could be configured to Biom and Factions then I would LOVE to see this happen. Humans tend to plant trees a little to non-random to be natural and that is a small but noticeable thing. This plugin removes the human factor, so I like it.

I made a suggestion to this awhile back, nice to see there's actually a real plugin that does this.

If it could be configured to Biom and Factions then I would LOVE to see this happen. Humans tend to plant trees a little to non-random to be natural and that is a small but noticeable thing. This plugin removes the human factor, so I like it.
It can be configured by biome, but doesn't have any link with factions. The description also gives some pointers about building so that trees don't spread. First, trees need dirt, so roads, waterways, ect. will stop forest spread, and since it plants saplings, breaking the saplings will also stop spreading.

The plugin also states:
"Use combinations of fence, cobble, smooth brick, torches, glowstone, crops and logs to stop spreading. These blocks will also work when placed 1 under the surface. Saplings will not spawn within whatever distance overcrowding radius is for these blocks." (With a link to a more complete list).

This is a brilliant idea, but could it reforest the crazy trees like the ones in dandreoc?

Status
Not open for further replies.