Archived [suggestion] Portal Hoping

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dworvin

Dwarf Elder Dworvin of Ulldin
Reaction score
Website
docs.google.com
Faction
Ulldin
Kingdom
Iron Accord
Roleplay Guilds
Dwarven Council
Ok so if you have 3 portals and one of them is blocked
you can't get to the second one...

Portals should be able to check for the next possible link
if the path is blocked

now you can have doors blocking portals
making it so its a one way
and having multiple portals go to the one portal

and you would not have the [this portal leads to nowhere]
when their are more then 2

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This could possibly happen in an update, sure. But I am not sure wether this will be soon or not.

You have read and answered to all my suggestion posts
Thank you ulumulu (inlove)

Yes, this is a good idea. I can't tell you how annoying it is to have a 3 way or more portal set up, and then have one dude private his link and it destroys the whole system.

In the creativegates source this already exists, I'm not sure if it's bugged, but Cay has evidently already tried to do this, as is commented in the github repository.

/*
* This method finds the place where this gates goes to.
* We pick the next gate in the network chain that has a non blocked exit.
*/

An alternative way to stop portal chains being blocked would be to check if the gate is obstructed before adding it to the list of portals with the same materials.

Personally, i just wish there was a way enemies couldnt copy gates :/ though im certain something like that is not possible so this is the next best thing.

lol trust me i know...i messed up a portal once...now the portal somehow fills the entire room...i kept it cuz it made me laugh.
I did something like that on a private server once. Tried to save on portal frame blocks and use part of one frame in another frame. It ended up creating a portal across the entire room rather than in the frame that was built...

Status
Not open for further replies.