Archived Suggestion: Gods Plugin

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BearlyPanda

Refugee
Reaction score
This server could be better with the gods plugin. Basically, you build a shrine to the god and pray at the shrine. there are priests who spread the word of the religion. Also, the god can gift you with things you need at odd intervals, depending on the religions strength. You can also complete missions for the god or make sacrifices to increase the religion's strength.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think that this should just stay as an rp thing and not become a tangible plugin, since a plugin like this obviously has its limits, but the human imagination has none. :) But a good thought though.

It could be both, but the problem is that people that don't rp at all would probably just abuse this for the rewards and not really actually rp as though they believed it. The rewards would have to be very small and non-valuable at the least to prevent this

It's like a wooden pickaxe if you dont have a pickaxe, stuff like that, very minimal

If there were to be deities added to the server lore I would want to see altars made by staff in set locations that you would have to travel to and find in order to obtain that god's blessing. This would add an increase in roleplay as people make pilgrimage across the lands to get to their god's altar and the fanatics of that god might settle near the altar in order to protect it from those who wished to defile it.

Anyways, it'd all depend on if the staff were interested in adding religions and deities to the server lore

I canot recall where i saw a post on the gods or deities, but so far the current lore about them is that players are allowed to start their own religions and to believe in watever they wish to believe aslong as it doesnt go into conflict with the lore or rules. In other words the ammount of gods curretly existing in massivecraft is unknown xD

I canot recall where i saw a post on the gods or deities, but so far the current lore about them is that players are allowed to start their own religions and to believe in watever they wish to believe aslong as it doesnt go into conflict with the lore or rules. In other words the ammount of gods curretly existing in massivecraft is unknown xD

Actually you can believe what ever you want to, even if it does conflict with lore. This is because your character can believe that elves do not exist and he can base his religion off of this. Although you character would be seen as a fool and people would probably never take him seriously, your character can still believe anything. If your character does ignore commonly know and accepted facts then he will probably should not talk about this much. :P

If there were to be deities added to the server lore I would want to see altars made by staff in set locations that you would have to travel to and find in order to obtain that god's blessing. This would add an increase in roleplay as people make pilgrimage across the lands to get to their god's altar and the fanatics of that god might settle near the altar in order to protect it from those who wished to defile it.

Anyways, it'd all depend on if the staff were interested in adding religions and deities to the server lore

I think that players should come up with their own religions, since no religions were magically here when humans were created or evolved or whatever your irl beliefs are. So when a religion begins to pick up steam without staff involvement, that is when it should be substantiated by the staff and then added into the official lore. This would just help increase rp in a better way than the staff just creating a few religions and then just chucking them onto the server for everyone to react to, in my opinion.

I don't see why we need to spend time coding something that can be done by ourselves. Just build an altar that represents your religion/god. Simple.

I think that players should come up with their own religions, since no religions were magically here when humans were created or evolved or whatever your irl beliefs are. So when a religion begins to pick up steam without staff involvement, that is when it should be substantiated by the staff and then added into the official lore. This would just help increase rp in a better way than the staff just creating a few religions and then just chucking them onto the server for everyone to react to, in my opinion.

Well staff would have to step in and determine the lore of what actual gods exist. Everyones should not be able to create a god which can grant them miracles, even if everyone can create their own religion. For this reason a plugin would actually have to exist and or it would require the server team to take time from more important things. Because of this your post doesn't really even make sense. Firstly you must differentiate Religions and Deities especially when talking about creating lore and things of this nature, because the bais of many religions are that there were in fact deities before humans.

Actually you can believe what ever you want to, even if it does conflict with lore. This is because your character can believe that elves do not exist and he can base his religion off of this. Although you character would be seen as a fool and people would probably never take him seriously, your character can still believe anything. If your character does ignore commonly know and accepted facts then he will probably should not talk about this much. :P

Nailed it xD

Ok,

Well this has been suggested a lot of times and rejected each time. The RP currently says what the server is about, in my opinion adding this plugin will ruin the experience for new players and older ones. There is no need to have this plugin implemented if. It will ruin the time for new players.

Well staff would have to step in and determine the lore of what actual gods exist. Everyones should not be able to create a god which can grant them miracles, even if everyone can create their own religion. For this reason a plugin would actually have to exist and or it would require the server team to take time from more important things. Because of this your post doesn't really even make sense. Firstly you must differentiate Religions and Deities especially when talking about creating lore and things of this nature, because the bais of many religions are that there were in fact deities before humans.

But if you didn't make a plugin, miracles aren't possible without one...

There is already a plugin for this[DOUBLEPOST=1370878183,1370878125][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ok,

Well this has been suggested a lot of times and rejected each time. The RP currently says what the server is about, in my opinion adding this plugin will ruin the experience for new players and older ones. There is no need to have this plugin implemented if. It will ruin the time for new players.

oh, didnt think of that

Status
Not open for further replies.