Archived [suggestion]dragon Mount Mod On Massivecraft

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeKA99

Dwarf of Torhyeir
Reaction score
Faction
Torhyeir
Kingdom
The Iron Accord
I have recently discovered a popular mod called the Dragon Mount Mod. This mod allows you to tame, breed, and ride different breeds of dragons. I think this would be a good addition to the next update which as you all know include horses. This could make PVP very interesting and also role play. Here is a video that I found that shows this mod: http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=/

I am doing this from a mobile device so I am unsure how to put in a video ,so I just put in a link. If you think this is interesting, download it and test it out! I have not looked at this at all yet to test for lag on servers because I am out of the country on holiday, so if you will, please check it out an post a comment telling me how it works and if you think it would be a good addition to the MassiveCraft experience!

I also have some ideas on how to get them seeing as they spawn eggs in dungeons. Admins can spawn them in and distribute them out in a roleplay situation. If you have other ideas please feel free to say something! Also they would be OP so there need to be dragon laws/rules. A few ideas I came up with are no breeding, no PVP unless aposing force has one to make things fair. Again if you have more ideas please share then with us!

Signed
- JoeKA99

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Sorry the link isn't working right I will have it up in a moment.

Mostly I was making a joke, but seriously, flight related abilities were all removed for a reason.
Yes, creative mode flying. This is a bit different, because it can only be flown above the ground, it can't fit in tight spaces, it has to land so you can't just drop in(at least not with out taking hits). It can also be a nice form of travel.[DOUBLEPOST=1367279176,1367279147][/DOUBLEPOST]
I believe that this is the correct link.
Thank you, this is the video!!

This is a client-side modification, therefore will never be downloaded on Massivecraft, as it would force all players to either download it or be unable to play the server.

This is a client-side modification, therefore will never be downloaded on Massivecraft, as it would force all players to either download it or be unable to play the server.
Oh. That stinks. Are you positive? Or are you just assuming, because I really don't know.

Oh. That stinks. Are you positive? Or are you just assuming, because I really don't know.
The only way a mod can work on a server correctly is that EVERY player has to have it downloaded. So it will not work if its a mod nor I think is there a plugin out there for this.

Alright, well let's hope that it will change in the future

It probably wont change in the future, as making EVERY player on the server download a mod is extremely limiting the server population. Most people won't join a server when it says "You can join, you just have to download this mod!", when there are hundreds of other servers out there that are easier to join.

Alright, well let's hope that it will change in the future
The only way I think they even MIGHT consider this is if they got a thing like the Technic Launcher but specifically for MassiveCraft so then it would automate the process of getting mods, since some people don't even know where .minecraft is or how to open minecraft.jar.

Isn't there an update coming out with a trainable, ridable red dragon sometime in the near future?

The only way I think they even MIGHT consider this is if they got a thing like the Technic Launcher
That have been discussed in the team the recent weeks and there was a negative tone to that as well due to the limitation for our playerbase.

Status
Not open for further replies.