Archived (suggestion) Combat Magic

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Parz1vol

Chicken
Reaction score
In every w ive read, the mages can use a swors OR staff for offencive magic, staff+wand=regular mage, but sword+wand=combat mage. Combat mages focus on summoning a giant glowing avatar of the god they worship (i.e. if i worship horus, i can make a controlable figure of him with my aura.) This enhances there skills with a sword. When combat mages are to weak for magic, they use their sword.
If this were implemented into the game, the equivalint would give the player strength two high jump, and speed, but it would only last until you have 6 points left in your food bar. But it would also require at least 15 levels, but these would be consumed. ( command would be something like /m avatar)
The point was originaly state that a mage could be training with a sword and magic, and it would improve him

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Please no magic.

By "every book I read" I assume you mean the Kane series, which has a system of magic exactly like your suggestion... If that's all the books you've ever read you must have one wierd life.About the suggestion itself, it seems to be a bit overpowered and not fully thought out. You mention worshipping gods but there are no official gods in Aloria.

This is an OK idea, but it would be too hard to create. This means that the team have to create official deities, make 3D translucent models and then have them attack players whilst invulnerable. This is OP and will make immense amounts of lag.

From what i saw from another server it is possible to do these kinds of magic: throw a fireball, trap your enemy with blocks from a distance and become a giant. I dont know if Cay can do something to make what i just said reality.

In every w ive read, the mages can use a swors OR staff for offencive magic, staff+wand=regular mage, but sword+wand=combat mage. Combat mages focus on summoning a giant glowing avatar of the god they worship (i.e. if i worship horus, i can make a controlable figure of him with my aura.) This enhances there skills with a sword. When combat mages are to weak for magic, they use their sword.
If this were implemented into the game, the equivalint would give the player strength two high jump, and speed, but it would only last until you have 6 points left in your food bar. But it would also require at least 15 levels, but these would be consumed. ( command would be something like /m avatar)
The point was originaly state that a mage could be training with a sword and magic, and it would improve him

No. We have created the current magic to stop someone from doing this. We do not want people having a combat focused person and magic focused person, that's very over powered.

I am not a developer, and I really have no ideal what I am talking about, but I really don't think it would be possible to make such a mod work on a multiplayer server.

I believe the day we actualy have some magic system, (where we can actualy cast magic) the system will be fletched out so that a mage wont be stronger (or weaker) than an archer or swordsman. Equility but still unique. That should be kind of direction for magic if you ask me. :3 Current magic useage is now by words and roleplay. (Which does disencurage to be a battlemage since this not work in direct combat ;_; )

No. We have created the current magic to stop someone from doing this. We do not want people having a combat focused person and magic focused person, that's very over powered.
The thing with combat magicians is that they have MUCH less powerful auric energy, or arent skilled enough for standard magic (elements charms et cetera) and with combat magicians, they arent stronger then archers or swordsmen, because swordsman can go on fighting longer then mages of all types of mages (depending on auric strength)[DOUBLEPOST=1370700080,1370699947][/DOUBLEPOST]
I am not a developer, and I really have no ideal what I am talking about, but I really don't think it would be possible to make such a mod work on a multiplayer server.
I dont meen to be rude but, 1. Its possible (its pretty much just an altered bloodlust) 2. Its called a plugin.

Cay, what the heck are you talking about with elemental charms and auric strength? As I said before, this idea is not fleshed out.

NO.

There is no way this will be implemented due to conflicting ideas and themes within the magic system. Also if you wish to make a suggestion it would help to format it in a generally legible fashion with all the points carefully thought through.

As Ben, Firesoap, and I have all said, this will not be happening.

Can I preform a ritual to make a protective aura around my new comming capital keeping out creatures of evil intend??? (using magic) :P Or.. Do you guys not even permit that kind of magic ;(???

Maybe, sometime in the future, after all the bugs for sharding and races are worked out, there might be some form of a magic plugin. Just maybe.

Can I preform a ritual to make a protective aura around my new comming capital keeping out creatures of evil intend??? (using magic) :P Or.. Do you guys not even permit that kind of magic ;(???

No, it would not work. The energy needed to uphold that barrier would kill you.

There is only one type of barrier of this type that was ever created and the mage that created it has never been seen since, so it is believed he died in the process as Posidem mentioned.

Who said i would perform it alone ??? or that the magic should be (conducted) by me??? Resantly we experienced our famous banchee to have opend a portal between worlds! And not the tinyest one either! In order to perform the creation of the magical barrier many will aid to conduct energy (maybe even trough surtant items capable of conducting the energy) Once the barrier is compleet and covers the intire capital (which still has to be build ( And thats gona take a long while -_-)) The energy put into the barrier will remain only to be reduced if somewone attemts to penetrate it. Since the barrier is created over time i wont blow up from the instance of energy needed ^^ and the barrier doesnt need constant run of enery because i never read anything about energy decaying.... Which would break the law of Phisics anyways.

So.. still think this barrier idea is imposible if done as i said above or would you just break the spell by saying: That isnt allowed??

start reading here if you want to get straight to the message

You might just gues wat i mean with this.. and to spoil the surprice of others, that would be that no matter how awsome the roleplay we can base on these kind of things, no matter how large the posibilites magic could bring into the world of massivecraft. It will always be nerved down to something small and limited, never to be used for greater purposes.

If magic does find its way above the surface I atleast hope you guys make it so that its the path to becomming a mage is difficult not the magic usage itself. For you do incurage the world to be independant of magic. So saying that it should be a path you can explore to different ends instead of a recuirement to everyones personal achievings. (my personal request tho) Don't you dare make this a premium feature Too!:@ (agree if you think the same :P)

Dont be afraid my friend i already did that :)

Who said i would perform it alone ??? or that the magic should be (conducted) by me??? Resantly we experienced our famous banchee to have opend a portal between worlds! And not the tinyest one either! In order to perform the creation of the magical barrier many will aid to conduct energy (maybe even trough surtant items capable of conducting the energy) Once the barrier is compleet and covers the intire capital (which still has to be build ( And thats gona take a long while -_-)) The energy put into the barrier will remain only to be reduced if somewone attemts to penetrate it. Since the barrier is created over time i wont blow up from the instance of energy needed ^^ and the barrier doesnt need constant run of enery because i never read anything about energy decaying.... Which would break the law of Phisics anyways.

So.. still think this barrier idea is imposible if done as i said above or would you just break the spell by saying: That isnt allowed??

start reading here if you want to get straight to the message

You might just gues wat i mean with this.. and to spoil the surprice of others, that would be that no matter how awsome the roleplay we can base on these kind of things, no matter how large the posibilites magic could bring into the world of massivecraft. It will always be nerved down to something small and limited, never to be used for greater purposes.

If magic does find its way above the surface I atleast hope you guys make it so that its the path to becomming a mage is difficult not the magic usage itself. For you do incurage the world to be independant of magic. So saying that it should be a path you can explore to different ends instead of a recuirement to everyones personal achievings. (my personal request tho) Don't you dare make this a premium feature Too!:@ (agree if you think the same :P)

After carefully reading this message this is what I got out of it:
  • You believe that once you put the energy into the barrier, it would stay there.
    • That is wrong. You would need to constantly supply the barrier with energy for it to actually work.
  • You believe that your explanation well written and explains why it would work; also, anything we say that goes against your explanation is just us saying "That isnt allowed???".
    • Your explanation is based on the idea that once energy is put into something, it doesn't decay. You, based on what I've seen, think that we are trying to crush anything you or any other player says. As explained above, it would need constant energy. Also, if a player ever presents a well written and thought out idea, it would be considered if it goes along with the lore.
  • You believe that magic should be simple and that the path to becoming a magician should be difficult.
    • Magic is not simple. The whole process is difficult for a reason. And by making magic difficult, the process to becoming a magician is also difficult.
And this is what I didn't understand:
  • "So saying that it should be a path you can explore to different ends instead of a recuirement to everyones personal achievings."

Our community, our universe, our rules. Deal with the lore or don't play in it.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.