Staff Build Poll Competition!

Discussion in 'Minecraft Builder Showcase' started by MonMarty, Nov 15, 2015.

?

Which Castle should win the competition?

Poll closed Nov 22, 2015.
  1. Poll Entry 1: Chateau Weißbach

41 vote(s)
    34.5%
  2. Poll Entry 2: Capuchan Keep

30 vote(s)
    25.2%
  3. Poll Entry 3: Cannenburgh Castle

5 vote(s)
    4.2%
  4. Poll Entry 4: Ahrendue Citadel

13 vote(s)
    10.9%
  5. Poll Entry 5: Cadar Castle

10 vote(s)
    8.4%
  6. Poll Entry 6: The Grey Gate Bastion

20 vote(s)
    16.8%
  1. MonMarty

MonMarty Thotdodger Staff Member Server Owner

Today, the MassiveCraft World Staff brings you an internal competition between Staff members. We wanted the players to vote to help decide who built the prettiest castle. Various members of the World department have come together in a friendly competition of skill and build style, to motivate and encourage each other to build great buildings. In a mere 2 weeks, these beautiful castles and chateau's rose from nothing, to compete for your affection!

Now it is up to the players to vote for the best castle. The staff will be undertaking these competitions more often purely because they are huge morale and motivation boosts, as well as having a chance to win a prize pot of Regals. Below are links to the individual threads highlighting the builds. Eight screenshots were selected for each build highlighting the Interior and Exterior with shaders and the MassiveCraft texture pack. For the competition, we have set up a couple of rules as well.

Links to the threads:
    Rules of the Competition:
    • All builds are submitted anonymous. Nobody must know who built the castles so that voters cannot be swayed for popularity of staff members. Nobody is permitted to tell anyone who built what castle.
    • All builds were completed within 2 weeks. Voting will start today and end next week on Sunday when the next staff meeting starts.
    • All builds have to be the same size or larger than Greygate (They all are)
    • Players and staff members may vote on their preferred build. Staff member may not under any circumstance allude to who built what castle.

I will be monitoring this competition for irregularities. Irregularities are considered but not limited to: voting fraud, sock puppeting, using inactive player accounts, rule violations etc.

• Like Like x 1
  2. MonMarty

MonMarty Thotdodger Staff Member Server Owner

I forgot to mention feedback is very important for all the builders! If you have comments on the builds, or feel like they could work on something, feel free to post this on the respective posts of the different entries!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. HeartAched

HeartAched ~Valerus King~

The 1st and 6th castles are absolutely astonishing. But good job to all builders, I just preferred the 1st and 6th, I think they fit the medieval theme more than the others, but otherwise they're nice!

• Agree Agree x 5
    #3 HeartAched, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  4. Zacatero

Zacatero give a quack to wingback
    1. *✴︎ Cadun ✴︎*

If anything this contest just proves once again how amazing the world staff are. I hope some of these castles can eventually find their way to a spot in-game. I would love to explore these xD

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. ChiefDiabla

ChiefDiabla Scourge of the Sea

I honestly preferred the second submission as the two colours go together perfectly. The spires are also wonderful and really contribute to the elegance of this build. I also liked the first one as well as it's nice and chunky but the details save it from being a hunk of stone. :P

The third and fourth castles just had too many details and were lacking in variety, in my opinion, but were still damn impressive to look at.

The fifth has this lovely feel to it... ancient, maybe? I don't know. But the last one? Ahh. Now that's a castle. Love the fact that whoever built this decided to make it into a prison.

Good job, everyone! <:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Bertramqaz

Bertramqaz Egads, It's sad this man's Gonads!
    1. Alorian Architecture Guild

I had me troubles picking between the last three that I couldn't sort out. Here's how I processed it. (without spoiling which I chose ofc)

1) No. 1: I liked it alot seeing that it reflects an old military castle/fort that has been renovated for, noble/diplomatic use? the colours go really nice together, but I had to give it minus points for being too flat in some areas.

2) No. 2: I found it quite amusing how much this castle actually looks like 'The Red Keep' from the Game of Thrones universe, the colours go together perfect and the disney sort of few tall towers gave me the chills. I have to give it a minus for the rock foundations, yes I know that 'The Red Keep' I praised before also has it, but I never really liked that either.

3) No. 6: Having played a lot of Dungeon Defenders, this reminded me of some of the last couple of courses in the first installment, I'm absolutely in love with how well this is militaristically designed and looking. The colours are perfect ad the few catapult hanging out on the rooftop just made it even cooler to look at. The only real downside to this built, is that I don't feel it would look that near Regalia, and is more of a "Stand-alone out in the wilderness, with a few medium sized cities in it's proximity of influence" sort of thing

All these builts were majestic, but I wanted to cut it down to me top three, hope you enjoyed the read, and have a good one ^^

7. Zacatero

1. *✴︎ Cadun ✴︎*

@MonMarty will any of these builds be featured in-game?

8. Kellock93

Kellock93 Fulltime Architect

As already mentioned before these builds will find their way into the game, but we need the right place for the right castle

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Enkiduu

Enkiduu Looming

Liked the 1st and 6th because they're both quite whimsical.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Chay_

Chay_ Regalian Pioneer

They're all so pretty ._. how can people build like that

11. Yusuf_Attazime

Yusuf_Attazime The kangaroo

I think after my *inspection* (study of them very carefully for 40 minutes* that in my opinion Ahrendue Citadel looks the best with its rough architecture but coloured windows. However don't get me wrong, the others were brilliant builds as well.

12. Zacatero

1. *✴︎ Cadun ✴︎*

Its been a very long time since these were built i know but im still wondering.. who built each one?

13. Kellock93

Ohhh, I knew we forgot something there .....

14. Mecharic

Mecharic I'm tempermental, deal with it.
    1. The Second Alliance

*eyegasm* How did I miss this thread?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Zacatero

1. *✴︎ Cadun ✴︎*

Props to all of you guys. I cant wait to explore all of these when they make their way on game whenever they do

16. Kellock93

Except No. 2 and 3 all are in, well No. 5 was.

17. Zacatero

1. *✴︎ Cadun ✴︎*

Where was number 5?

18. Kellock93

On the hill where the noble estates are now. It looked different then tough.

19. FireFan96

FireFan96 Propagator of Honor Staff Member Lore2
    1. House von Drachenburg

Where is 4? I know 1 is the new Devereux place.

20. Kellock93

That one is quite hidden tbh. I will give you a hint, it lost his nature theme and became a lot more sinister.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1