Sarin

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by FutureTeller, Nov 25, 2020.

1. FutureTeller

FutureTeller Criminally mad with no batteries

≿━━━━༺☾ Seruvian offered an excited wave in greeting. ☽༻━━━━≾
    [​IMG]
    ≿━━━━༺☾ Jovial as ever, ingenuine as ever. But nobody knew of the latter, of course. ☽༻━━━━≾

BASIC INFORMATION || Identity

«NAME» Sarin

[ Nicknames, Aliases & Titles ] Seruvian
    [ Given name ] Khoren'en
    [ Adopted name ] Sarin Zz'lissaav Drulviirn
    «RACE» Devata Slizzar
    «AGE» 24

[ Birthday ] 27th of November, 286 AC
    «GENDER» Non-Binary, heavily leaning masculine
    «EYECOLOR» Vibrant purple

≿━━━━༺☾ ❝ Yet.. I am also very scared. ❞ ☽༻━━━━≾

CORE CONCEPT || Summary

Formerly devout to Nox, Sarin has since shifted to being a casual worshipper of Odella. Casual in his approach, yet secretly envious of her most loyal servants

Raised to be a spy, graduated a natural liar and grown up to be an assassin - Sarin’s talents always lied in subterfuge and deceit. Though his unwillingness to accept this, unfortunate journey and multiple run-ins with various afflictions eventually brought him to studying magic.

≿━━━━༺☾ ❝ My son. ❞ ☽༻━━━━≾

SKILL INFORMATION || Capabilities

STRENGTH [ 1 ]

Diver Pack

CONSTITUTION [ 1 ]

Resilience Pack

WISDOM [ 2 ]

ᘛ Affliction Wisdom
    ᘛ Grauwald Wisdom

MAGIC [ 7 ]

ᘛ Displacing
    ᘛ Enchanting
    ᘛ Mimicry
    ᘛ Disruption
    ᘛ Casting
    ᘛ Breaking
    ᘛ Alteration

CHARISMA [ 3 ]

ᘛ State Dignitary
    ᘛ North Linguist
    ᘛ Stupid Luck

≿━━━━༺☾ ❝ Can you take care of it? ❞ ☽༻━━━━≾

SPECIAL TRAITS || Gifts

«RACIAL KIT»

Slizzar

«MAGIC || VOID SORCERY»

Greater Mimicry
    ᘛ Greater Casting
    ᘛ Greater Alteration

«MAGIC SPECIALS [ 21 ]»

Surfwalking, Airwalking, Sparkwalking
    ᘛ Dressage Cleanse, Armor Cleanse, Time Cleanse
    ᘛ Arcane Wardrobe, Evil Tongues, Altered Voice

Arcane Mastery, Prison Break, Chain Break
    ᘛ Arcane Sight, Scan Sight, Pocket Scan
    ᘛ Decay Element, Blood Element, Shadow Element
    ᘛ Celestial Element, Dream Element, Time Element

«AFFLICTIONS»

Blooded Vampirism - Infected at 23 [ Inactive ]
    Highborn Cahalism - Infected at 23 [
    Inactive ]

≿━━━━༺☾ ❝ Have fun with the liar... ❞ ☽༻━━━━≾

LANGUAGES || Conversations

Zoram (Parental & Cultural)
    ᘛ North Linguist Languages (North Linguist Pack)
    ᘛ Common (Free)

≿━━━━༺☾ ❝ You're a smart creature, you can figure it out. ❞ ☽༻━━━━≾

APPEARANCE INFORMATION || Visuals

«PHYSICAL TRAITS»

ᘛ Sarin is currently missing his right eye, which he often hides through glass eyes he makes himself. Various scars cover his body, most notably the right half of his face, which is reduced to nothing but scar-tissue after various cuts, slashes and shots. He is also missing his right ear.
    «VISUAL DESCRIPTION»
    ᘛ With ashen black and pale silver scales, Sarin has a pattern similar to a California Kingsnake, and vibrant dark red hair-tendrils. Sarin is 5'5 tall in his natural form.
    ᘛ Mostly wandering under the name "Seruvian," Sarin assumes the appearance of a Kathar with black hair and Abyssal features.

≿━━━━༺☾ ❝ Grow.. ❞ ☽༻━━━━≾

LIFE STORY || Past

Sarin was born in Sassrakkand along with his twin towards the beginning of the Chrysant war. From the very beginning, his parents pushed him towards learning to lie, deceive and hide.

While being indoctrinated into their traditional faith, Sarin struggled to properly settle into devotion, always lingering on that line between believer and doubter. Later on, he was sent to be mentored in spywork and subterfuge, while his twin was sent off to somewhere else. He spends the remainder of his childhood with dabbling in various topics while he still had time for them.

At 18, Sarin was assigned a mentor, and they travelled out into the world. What was supposed to be a supportive teacher-student relationship ended up being rather abusive, which eventually led Sarin to assassinating his own mentor. His view on faith begins to warp properly at this point, as he leans into aspects like betrayal and paranoia.

Still a novice, but now on his own, Sarin continues doing what he was taught best - running away. He briefly settles in Calemberg due to meeting Zhyan, before they both part ways again. Zhyan heads towards Regalia, while Sarin continues skipping towns.

Eventually, Sarin moves on from the region around Calemberg and heads for Regalia next, hoping things would change, but knowing that deep inside, he may be on another ship to somewhere else in less than a month.

≿━━━━༺☾ ❝ Because you deserve a lot better than what you have going your way. ❞ ☽༻━━━━≾

• Powerful Powerful x 3
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #1 FutureTeller, Nov 25, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2022
  2. FutureTeller

@KrakenLord01 Requesting re-review.

- Prof reshuffle, Neidian is a dull boy now.
    - Aesthetic rework.
    - Backstory addition (cut the first bit some more since that was almost perfectly on the 800 word limit).
    - About to learn sorcery ICly after a week of studying and hand-waving roguery, if it doesn't occur I will hand-wave it both. I know I can for sure with sorcery, Idk about Roguery.
    New app put in one of the responses for easier comparison.

EDT: Okay. Except for the spacing I fixed things now. Marked changes in Teal, and am now ready to run this through normally like a decent human being. And not a stupid highschooler.

#2 FutureTeller, Oct 1, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
  3. KrakenLord01

KrakenLord01 That Guy

Re-approved!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. FutureTeller

@KrakenLord01 Code cracked. Shifted the mixology point into glass art. That's all, change made in Teal as usual. Also removed a name in the backstory to avoid meta.
    I don't know if I need to set my tag back on needs re-review for shifting a single hobby point over, so. welp.

ADDENDUM: I TOTALLY FORGOT TO MENTION I SHIFTED THE RELIGION A BIT DUE TO IC THINGS.

#4 FutureTeller, Oct 19, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
  5. FutureTeller

@KrakenLord01 after 1h+ of fighting this forum formatting, I've finally updated to the new application template. Good fucking lord.
    I also shuffled some points and made a retcon:

- Reduced 7 Dagger Combat to 5.
    - Reduced 10 Theatre Arts to 5. No one ever checks me because they think they know it all already.
    - Magic Bolt 1 got axed. Replaced with Element Control 1.
    - Added 4 Light Ranged Combat to replace Magic Bolt, because I didn't like the whole casting-with-conduit shbang. Handlaser or no laser.
    - Removed THE HERESY- I mean Dark Curse 1. It's about time.
    - Added Roguery (Rogue Gift 3), I thought it'd be fitting, and I need more roguery for the prog talents when I feel like doing them.
    - Schooling got axed. These changes in total lave me with 6 free points for later.

- Additionally retconned Wall Climb 3 from Aphar Sorcery Gift 1 to Light Mend 1. This will likely be my last Cahal arc ever with this character for reasons you may be distantly aware of/remember. (If you don't it was the whole "become Crimson Witch" ordeal, things have sorta been settled for as soon as the Cahal arc is over aaaAA.)

I chopped down my beautiful backstory, I mean I have it saved but I'm crying, man. I was proud of that. , _,
    Filled the old age bullet-point, because I had so much to tell.

No highlights made since I went through basically everything, if this is still too stacked, let me know and I'll axe the light ranged combat. It does seem a bit out of place, but I can afford it and did like Magic Bolt 1, so.

Addendum from the following day. I decided that for now I won’t add even more stuff and will skip prog talents for now.

#5 FutureTeller, Nov 8, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
  6. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

Claimed for staff review! Expect a reply shortly

7. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

Looks good! The Light Ranged is a liiittle weird, but honestly having spent a few years hovering around Calemberg it's pretty easy to justify.

APPROVED

8. FutureTeller

I had Magic bolt, and I enjoyed throwing life hazards at people. And I didn’t like the new conduit thing since Neid never carries any valuables lest you consider whichever of my (ICly-acquired) 195 Steel daggers they’ll be carrying around at the time.
    The second runner-up would be his glass eye which would be a really smart way to hide your conduit, but eye-lasers/lowkey sans-roleplay is something I’m not ready to get into, especially when Cahalism already runs the risk of the latter whenever I toggle any effect LMAO.

9. FutureTeller

@Yurs Neid got un-Cahal’d yesterday.

- I’ve apparently also lost my tag entirely, whoops.
    - After some thinking, I’d like to invest in Arcane Mastery 1 considering how many elves I play.
    - Progression talents remain untouched.

Change made in Teal.

10. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

APPROVED

11. FutureTeller

@Yurs it is almost 1am here and I had this incredible revelation that throwing things is actually kinda hard when you have no in-depth vision LMAO.

Removed Light changed combat.
    Fixed physical stat accordingly.
    Also expanded on Neid’s faith. By specifying how he isn’t doing it right lol.

12. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

APPROVED

13. FutureTeller

@Yurs No actual changes, just changed thread title to fit with the times and upped age by 1 year. Today was the character's birthday.

14. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

Happy birthday!

APPROVED

15. FutureTeller

Bumping for re-review. I found old skins and now want to use them.

16. ezalB

ezalB Student of Hydration

Hello there teller of the future. Quick review.
    Zaalaanzaal was changed into Nox, Weaver of Silk Accords. Just needs a wording update.
    You do not need to invest in State Saboteur as a Slizzar. You effectively get an upgraded version of it for free with the Slizzar Identityvex Special. So, consider this an extra point.
    This is using the old proficiency system. You've invested in the North Linguist Pack, and so I would simply mark that down here, keeping Zoram as your Native Language. This is the only thing I'm going to make you actually fix.
    Old name you may want to replace to avoid confusion. There are a few other instances I would just ctrl+f.

Sarin is a cool name, but it may be a bit too easy to confuse the Sanskrit name for the chemical weapon sarin gas, or Saren Arterius from Mass Efffect. I won't make you change the name though, just thought I'd point that out.

Besides that, most everything looks fine. Mark your changes in blue and @Tag me when you're all set.

17. FutureTeller

Thank you for the review, Blaze of the Ezalb.

While I don't know Mass Effect because I'm uncultured as hell, I did know about the chemical weapon and I was like "this is a match made in heaven, I've almost assassinated someone on this character before" LMAO. Changes made, marking them in blue rq.

EDT: I keep trying to take the right blue but I'm failing aaaaAAAAAAAAAAAA.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. ezalB

ezalB Student of Hydration

Sselk, Sselk, Sselk!!!

On a serious note though, everything looks fine. I would consider adding an explicit mention of infiltrating Grauwald Purists during Sarin's Calemburg stay in the life story, but I think the backstory connection is implied enough as is. And because of that:

Re-approved!!

19. FutureTeller

I HATE I HATE I HATE NAME CHANGES HHSHSHSHSGDHDSGFH.

But ty!