Pending Review Spider People?

Discussion in 'Roleplay' started by Faunfire, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Faunfire

Faunfire I'm the guy who draw an cry :,)

I remember when the server was full of races, be it spider, deer, fish, squirrel, at one point I remember people were made out of fire. What happened? All the races being deleted really limits players, in my opinion and a bunch of people grouped together with me to help me protest this. There used to be a sort of spark on massive, but as of late, it seems to have died off. If you agree, or want spider people back, post your reasoning below! :D I know the new Maraya update has some form of spider thing, but I personally miss the actual spider people with spider legs.

The more the merrier!

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    #1 Faunfire, Feb 21, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  2. _Chui

_Chui :>

Races, Massivecraft already has a nice bit of races.. But I feel like there could be more, I personally feel limited with monster races. When I first joined Massivecraft, I was hoping to be a dragon, or a deer person. But sadly, we’re all limited towards the races we choose from. I honestly love the updates on Massive. -Sometimes-. We need more monster races, that are disgusting. Me, and my fellow friends, think that the return of spider people will improve crime rates, most likely both in negative and positive ways, and make role-playing more fun. Mostly for guards, seeing these spider people will impose an issue for guards most likely, is what I’m seeing. The guards, is what I’m hoping, will take this race as a chance to take action, and show pride in taking down a spider person if they impose an issue, or they can be outlawed. I honestly don’t know, I can suggest many things for this return of the race. However, I am hoping, at some point, we can have this race return to Massivecraft. It would be interesting, and fun for most role-players.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  3. Naganadel_

Naganadel_ Master Rank 17 Hunter of the Fifth Fleet

YOOOOOOOOO PLEASE VOTE Y'ALL

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ewdrawings

Ewdrawings Lucky

I hate to say it - but yeah more races generally means more interest? Whilst you might get some more diluted roleplay skill, the fact of the matter is, that it brings in fresh roleplayers. Even if they may be young or inexperienced.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Little_Deer27

Little_Deer27

Me personally, I would love more races. I mean my ign is literally Little Deer, so if the server used to have races like spider, deer, dragon, etc. Why does it limit people now?

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  6. MrNoot1

MrNoot1 Let there be Noot

There are in fact Spider People, Deers, and Dragons (Dragons to a point). The Mayara have Spider People now, Urls are able to have the Deer Head Shape, and there are Dragon Bloods that are able to turn into mini dragons of sorts (It they still do that) that are only available to Staff Members.

7. Faunfire

Yes but is a bad hair day really a spider? It's still just an elf with a bad attitude.

8. _Chui

I agree with this, and Dragon Bloods have to be approved, and I think they may put a cap on that too like they are with magic. Also, I was lowkey wishing to have a bottom half of a deer, not the top. There's limits to it Mr. Oof.

9. MrNoot1

They are spiders either way. Do try to enjoy the races that we have and make the fullest of them as you can.

10. Faunfire

Some of us prefer the bottom half of the deer, but eh.

fam I love you this isnt ment to sound hostile

11. Naganadel_

Naganadel_ Master Rank 17 Hunter of the Fifth Fleet

Marayas aren't Spiders they used to be Bug peeps bro

12. Faunfire

This is a fourm where people post suggestions. We like the races, don't get me wrong, but there's always room for suggestion. Also, freeky mad elves with stabby hair and elbow knives aren't spiders in my book. They're just as creepy, though.

again i still love you

13. MrNoot1

There is a bottom half of a deer. The Urls have that sort of build along with Avanthar who eat Dead Genos.

14. _Chui

I do enjoy them, I love them all, and I do understand that the staff has worked hard on putting these races together. But for more interesting role-play having more races, with a not to many limits would be great. We need that spark like Faun said, to me, Massivecraft is starting to loose it's spark, but however. They aren't spider people to me, or to most here. we want the bottom half, not a bad hair day with a pissy personality.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. MrNoot1

Let them be bug people and Spider People. They exist now so try to enjoy them while they're back.

16. MrNoot1

They are the exact same concept, I don't believe Staff is going to work on a couple races that are the same exact thing as another.

17. _Chui

Is it just two legs, or all four? Is it the whole bottom half or a deer, or just some weird mutated two legged dead bottom?

18. MrNoot1

They are who they are, they have the concept idea of a Spider. No matter how much you dislike the idea, let them work through it so they might be able to fix any minor errors with the Race. For now, I doubt they're going to change it or add much.

19. _Chui

It's not the exact same, we want the whole bottom part of the spider, with the top being human like, and disgusting. This is far from The Bad Hair Days Rays.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. MrNoot1

You remember the Greek Mythology Satyrs, right? That's more of the concept of the Dead Geno Avanthar. Urls are just more muscular and hold more of a beast form then being and acting like the Satyrs.

21. MrNoot1

I doubt that Staff is going to change them and the idea of being the bottom half spider? It doesn't give off the idea that Staff wants them too.

22. Nixces

Nixces N/A

The mayara update already has spider people you FOOLS

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  23. Faunfire

THEY'RE JUST ELVES WITH CREEPY HAIR BAD ATTITUDES AND POINTY DEATH ELBOWS

24. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

The Maraya as a race are proof that players had limited interest in playing odd races. Mekket, Torrp, Circci, all of them were made into the Maraya because of limited interest. I only recall maybe 4 players that played the insect race in my time, and that was it.

Sure it may create diversity, but it's poor design choice to create a race solely for the aesthetic feel to appease a small group of players. Take the Pig People Sihai meme. It didn't happen, and instead we received an Url customization update to include Pig heads. I think that was good enough in retrospect because the RP of a fat pig man would be more slapstick. Even int eh player doesn't intend for it, others will see it as such.

Haat Maraya fit the spider aesthetic without being jarringly weird about it, and given their backstory they fit the niche well.

25. MrNoot1

THEY ARE SPIDER PEOPLE!!!!!

26. Faunfire

THEY DONT HAVE 8 LEGS THEY AINT SPIDERS

27. Faunfire

I remember back when Maraya were actual bugs. They could be giant wasps, moths, anything. Complete bugs. People played the heck out of them back then.

28. Nixces

Nixces N/A

They aren't going to add two of the same concept, that's just silly.
    I think what we have now is wondrous compared to the old race and that we should be thankful for having our beloved buggy friends instead of demanding more of the lore staff so we can have
    'uwu..spider titty waifu..uwu'..

29. _Chui

Do they have 8 legs?! No they don't, just weird hair and spiky elbows. How many eyes do they have?! Spiders mostly have around 8 eyes, or fewer. The race only has two from what I can tell.

30. Faunfire

I'm not gonna lie, big titty goth spider is a concept I would adore, but that's not what we're asking for. We're asking for something horrifying not sexy. We kind of want some monsters here. Real monsters.

31. Nixces

Nixces N/A

It's seems pretty demanding since they've just released a similar concept but more, well, original to massivecraft's lore.

32. _Chui

I want a race that is scary, not hot.. But hey, sexy spider ladies aren't a bad idea, but I, and a few others, want something that would make guards piss themselves that aren't orcs or urls..

• Agree Agree x 1
  33. MrNoot1

They have 8 eyes but can't use them at the same time since they can become a bit OP. They have to close their eyes to use the others. Also, they are more based of combat and stealth instead of being true monsters.

34. MrNoot1

They don't with either Orcs or Urls.

35. Nixces

Nixces N/A

>crimson witches
    >mutated kathar in general
    >silven

36. Faunfire

kathar just have like horns and stuff, every race now is bipedal. Why can't something differentiate from the norm?

37. _Chui

They don't even have to be OP, or even have the intension of murdering people at all, or anything of that. I just want something that would make the guards piss themselves if they looked at them. Something they knew nothing about really, something new, something that will start a spark, and the race being so disgusting that it strikes fear into almost all warriors. This isn't suppose to be demanding, it's suppose to be a suggestion, something to help make the community more interesting for new role-players, and old ones.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  38. Nixces

Nixces N/A

Kathar can have disgusting scales, extra eyes, literal spikes out of their spine, and claws as well.
    The reason i'm saying it's highly unlikely that staff will find some sort of other spider race un-needed is because we already have a race that fits their aesthetic, having them in the same universe would be extremely strange and hard to explain. Let alone abilities would be roughly the same. It'd also be extremely confusing to have them under Mayara with the already placed spider-esq race.

39. BulbousDevourer

BulbousDevourer Refugee

Not every Haat-Maraya needs to be sexy. They can be plenty creepy-looking. You should focus more on properly portraying a Haat as creepy, rather than relying on a certain aesthetic as a crutch. They don't all need to be hot and dressed in whore-ish clothing, nor do they have to act like a thot.

• Winner Winner x 1
  40. _Chui

We more of want something different, something that doesn't just have two legs. Something that looks human, but is more disgusting. It doesn't even have to be a spider at this point. A monster race at this point, that everyone will fear, would be great. This is only a suggestion.