His hair was clinging weakly to his forehead,teeth gritted and eyes squeezed shut in an attempt to ignore everyone and everything around him. He didn't need this right now,not at all. Letting his hands move upwards to wrap themselves around his knees Milo slackened his jaw and began to sing.
"I'm going under and I fear this time there's no one to save me.
This is all or nothing really got a way of driving me crazy." He choked out,the words slowly taking over him and comforting the child much like a mother would do their newborn.
"I need somebody to heal,somebody to know,somebody to have,somebody to hold." His voice was now smoother and his eyes no longer squeezed shut,just closed in a gentle way.
"It's easy to say but it's never the same. I guess I kinda liked the way you numbed all the pain." People were now hearing the boy,moving closer to listen to what he had to say,unlike they had before.
"Now the day bleeds,into nightfall and you're not here,to get me through it all." Milo's voice cracked slightly but he carried on.
"I let my guard down and then you pulled the rug. I was kinda getting used to being someone you loved." Feeling a pair of arms wrap around his shoulders he automatically leaned into them,still singing,thinking if he stopped the floodgates would open again.
"I'm going under and this time I fear there's no one to turn to
This all or nothing way of loving got me sleeping without you.
Now, I need somebody to know,somebody to heal,somebody to have.
Just to know how it feels.
It's easy to say but it's never the same.
I guess I kinda liked the way you helped me escape." There was now a hand running through his damp hair, and a smile crept onto his lips as he sang.
"Now the day bleeds,into nightfall
And you're not here to get me through it all.
I let my guard down and then you pulled the rug.
I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved.
And I tend to close my eyes when it hurts sometimes
I fall into your arms
I'll be safe in your sound 'til I come back around." Now more confident, Milo let his voice ring out,no longer scared about the world.
"For now the day bleeds,into nightfall and you're not here to get me through it all.
I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved." His hands pulled away from his knees to hold the opposite wrists . Milo was proud of his scars,as they showed the battles he has fought and the wars he had won.
"But now the day bleeds,into nightfall and you're not here to get me through it all.
I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved." Pausing for a moment he let the echo of his words settle in the silent Tavern,before finishing the last of the song softly,tone barley audible.
"I let my guard down and then you pulled the rug.
I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved."

Thanks for reading my random midnight ideas,I've not been sleeping atm and thought 'Hey! Why not write instead?' So that's what I did. Peace out.

Attachments

• Amber_Milo.webp
    Amber_Milo.webp
    8.3 KB · Views: 11