Archived Some Sort Of Ships Plugin?

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

reptilicus13

Uh...Yee.
Reaction score
Faction
Vrezen
Roleplay Guilds
Argus, House Dread, Vigilant Shield
First, I understand that this would take a LOT of coding, and would require the server to be modded.

I think it would be cool if there was a plugin/mod added for ships. There have been mods created for previous versions of Minecraft that do this. Basically what happens is a set of blocks are somehow selected. Then, a block called the "captain's chair" is placed onto the selected blocks. When you sit in the captains chair and hit a key to "raise anchor", the previously solid blocks are transmuted into entity form and can then be steered like a normal boat. Also, I've seen versions of the mod where you can walk around on the deck of an entitified ship and even use things such as cannons. When you wish to stop, you need only hit a key to "drop anchor", and the ship will align itself with the Minecraft block grid and transmute itself back into block form.

Again, this is kind of a ridiculous request, but hey, maybe it's easier than I think. Also, that would mean that we could finally have a continent of mostly water that is good for ships. I know Daendroc has a good amount of water, but that has sort of the "Amazon jungle" feel. I meant a continent that has sort of the "West Indies/Nassau from AC4" feel.

I guess this would also cause a lot of lag, but there's probably some way to work around that, maybe by limiting the size of ships so there aren't any lag-machine man-o-wars out there. I was mainly thinking of one or two person boats that are more fun to build and can potentially be docked and lived in.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
It would cause way to much lag and the staff don't want to force us to download mods to play

This IS possible without client side modifications. But it is not very good and is VERY laggy. There is enough lag issues at the moment, adding this would make it much worse.

Yep.. This will be awesome. Along with its new feature Massive-Lag!

That feature was already implemented through MassiveMobs.
I've got access to a darkroom in Fendarfell, and the mobs there cause me little to no lag.
When I go on the surface of the desert, which is basically a darkroom at night, I get next to no lag.

I have a terrible computer + internet connection too, so it's not because I've got a good system.

I've got access to a darkroom in Fendarfell, and the mobs there cause me little to no lag.
When I go on the surface of the desert, which is basically a darkroom at night, I get next to no lag.

I have a terrible computer + internet connection too, so it's not because I've got a good system.
I never experience that much lag too. But i hear people complaining that MassiveMobs cause lag.
Maybe we are just lucky or too stupid to realise the lag.
EDIT: do /lag in peak time and it sometime say 3tps

All that would happen would be Noobs would get boats... Then die and robs would be floating everywhere ((Like normal boats))

Movecraft plugin exists.

I never experience that much lag too. But i hear people complaining that MassiveMobs cause lag.
Maybe we are just lucky or too stupid to realise the lag.
EDIT: do /lag in peak time and it sometime say 3tps
Madus, I will dare you to 1v1 me in Fendar at 21GMT; The tps sometimes drop to 0.9 and the thing is static at 5-10 tps

This has been suggested before, I find with the current amounts of Lag on Massive and the amount of lag THIS would add it is bad idea, If there was less PvP and just general lag on massive, I would support this idea.

First, I understand that this would take a LOT of coding, and would require the server to be modded.

I think it would be cool if there was a plugin/mod added for ships. There have been mods created for previous versions of Minecraft that do this. Basically what happens is a set of blocks are somehow selected. Then, a block called the "captain's chair" is placed onto the selected blocks. When you sit in the captains chair and hit a key to "raise anchor", the previously solid blocks are transmuted into entity form and can then be steered like a normal boat. Also, I've seen versions of the mod where you can walk around on the deck of an entitified ship and even use things such as cannons. When you wish to stop, you need only hit a key to "drop anchor", and the ship will align itself with the Minecraft block grid and transmute itself back into block form.

Again, this is kind of a ridiculous request, but hey, maybe it's easier than I think. Also, that would mean that we could finally have a continent of mostly water that is good for ships. I know Daendroc has a good amount of water, but that has sort of the "Amazon jungle" feel. I meant a continent that has sort of the "West Indies/Nassau from AC4" feel.

I guess this would also cause a lot of lag, but there's probably some way to work around that, maybe by limiting the size of ships so there aren't any lag-machine man-o-wars out there. I was mainly thinking of one or two person boats that are more fun to build and can potentially be docked and lived in.

This idea has been suggested before in many forms. It has been discarded every time for the very reasons you list. Lag, server modding...mostly lag. The staff won't be modding the server, and both mod and plugin would cause too much lag.

As for the continent, eventually there will be the Hadar continent I believe, and it will be a water world.

Another problem with mods, is that many people don't know how to download them, and massive would lose lot's of players. And, the mod you would be looking for, is This.

The way described it is while not in theory impossible it is completely impractical.
However it might be possible to create something similar. Essentially you would have to build a ship. I don't mean any ship it would have to block for block be an identical ship to what was modded in. Once you finished it, it would turn into a mob entity. (Like how making golems or the wither boss works) Said mob entity would be the "ship." You could then right click it to board it and "ride," it around. I haven't looked to much into that but there would almost definitely still be a major problem with lag.

Just make mojang make boats be able to not break on a fricken lily pad or at 2 mph.

Actually boats don't break on lili pads anymore. And on the issue of bigger boats, Notch has said in the past that this is a planned feature for vanilla minecraft.

Another problem with mods, is that many people don't know how to download them, and massive would lose lot's of players. And, the mod you would be looking for, is This.
There exists plguins for this. But it moves it one block at a time making it VERY annoying to use.
Notch has said in the past that this is a planned feature for vanilla minecraft.
Did you forget Notch does not code on the game anymore. So this plan might be cancelled. I do not say it is cancelled just that it might be.
The way described it is while not in theory impossible it is completely impractical.
However it might be possible to create something similar. Essentially you would have to build a ship. I don't mean any ship it would have to block for block be an identical ship to what was modded in. Once you finished it, it would turn into a mob entity. (Like how making golems or the wither boss works) Said mob entity would be the "ship." You could then right click it to board it and "ride," it around. I haven't looked to much into that but there would almost definitely still be a major problem with lag.
Again client side stuff, we do not like that.

Actually @Madus it should be doable without client side modifications. While we couldn't create a new mob for this purpose its entirely possible to repurpose an unused one... for example the wither boss.

This has been suggested before, when thor5648 and I tried out a ship/airship/submarine plugin that was on another server. The sheer amount of lag such a plugin would cause means it will never happen. However, just wait until 1.8 as we will be able to use slimeblocks/pistons/etc to make flying ships.

This has been suggested before, when thor5648 and I tried out a ship/airship/submarine plugin that was on another server. The sheer amount of lag such a plugin would cause means it will never happen. However, just wait until 1.8 as we will be able to use slimeblocks/pistons/etc to make flying ships.
Wait...what!?

I have an idea of how this might be made. WITHOUT Client side modification, and the blocks move fluently. But I don't promise anything. If I get it to work I will post a video somewhere on these forums.
Edit: I fixed typos, damn you auto correct (especially when it corrects it to another language than English)

Last edited:
I have an idea of this might be made. WITHOUT Clinton side modifikation, and the blocks move fluently. But I don't promise anything. If I get it to work I will post a video somewhere on these forums.
You should do it. I will help with bugs if you want.

Sure, I had plans for some other plugins (it takes time because I'm lazy) but this would maybe be the most challenging one. You can make a conversation if you wish.

I can test as I am a slightly technically challenged individual in minecaft (tekkit = death)
So I can be a perfect test subject!

I can test as I am a slightly technically challenged individual in minecaft (tekkit = death)
So I can be a perfect test subject!
Thank you. Today I was busy with my bank. Tomorrow school ends early, I might be able to do some things. In theory it should work, but I've never used the events I am going to use, and I've never done entity stuff (which my idea requires). So there might be a lot of unexpected issues.

Hey and while we're at it create a plugin where faction claims can move with the ship. Crash the whole server beyond repair.