Some Composition

Oxoman

Astronaut, Reverend and Millionaire Playboy
Reaction score
Faction
Gilead
Roleplay Guilds
The Unionist Church of Regalia
I'm thinking about starting to do some composition for MassiveCraft, just to work on my skills within a specific context. I'm not really a composer, but I thought I'd just post this here for some feedback because it's something that I enjoy doing. I'll probably add some more compositions with time depending on how awfully they go.

Secours de la Tension
Written for piano and violin.
A piece that reflects on growing tensions before a peaceful settlement with a smooth slip into the believable fantasy of dream world.
This wasn't really originally intended for MassiveCraft, as the piano wouldn't have been around in the period, but I just want to get some feedback on whether people would be interested in more of this. The piece lacks structure, although there are some interesting harmonies, particularly the use of the tristan chord to represent the juxtapositional shift between the A and the B section.

Chi'en-Ji Music
This music, written by my partially-existent Chi character Sikou Min-Juan, is largely written for solo zither, his instrument. It is not supposed to show off compositional skill, but simply be reflective of him as a character and how he likes to play. There may be some duets coming.

A Casual Interlude - WIP
Written for solo zither.
When one's mind is set free from the distractions and rigidity of life, harmonies develop, melodies flow and the music is felt without effort. We are born to be creatures of music, but we learn to hide behind false pretences of a musical education. Set yourself free and let your spirit guide the music.
I.E. this is my excuse for just tinkering. It will include quarter tones and some wacky harmonies that make no sense, but it's rather liberating.

My Inspiration:
Qu Ziao Zhong's Silent Mountain, written for guitar, derived from the Zither.

Last edited:
Might we inquire what software you used for this marvelous piece?
Just Sibelius 7 with its sample sounds. I like composing by writing scores rather than all that tech stuff.
EDIT: Well that piece above, I actually used Logic, just with a Midi keyboard. That said, I usually stick to Sibelius.

Last edited:
So I'm going to write some Chi'en-Ji microtonal music. If anyone has any experience with microtones and can lend me a hand it would be much appreciated!