Archived Some Big Shops In The Market District

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I must admit, I miss the shop/house styled shops. They were more realistic, but I believed they took up a lot of space. And caused a lot of lag.

Overall Supported

I kinda missed the old Reglia shops, they all looked different and quite often had 2 different floors and the people that managed that building could actually put some of his stuff there since there was plenty of room.
I would like to see some of these big stalls/building shops make a comeback since back in the days of old Regelia Market (Laggiest place on earth) people who were rich enough to buy them could easily spread out their chest signs and there was a lot of room for customizability which made some look really nice, nowadays there isn't that much room in those stalls and I know that a lot of people would pay big money to get stalls like the old building in old Regelia market since there is enough space to put a lot of stuff there.

Film_Noir - If you've ever noticed, there are like upstairs areas to the shops ringing the main building. I'd think it would be cool to have access to that.
Edit - Got some screenshots. :D

2013-11-18_21.48.45.png 2013-11-18_21.48.46.png

Maybe give shop owners access to the upper half of the shops as well? I expect regardless of this the Market will be more active now that prems can effortlessly support the stalls should they desire.

Maybe give shop owners access to the upper half of the shops as well? I expect regardless of this the Market will be more active now that prems can effortlessly support the stalls should they desire.

Effortlessly? It took me 5 whole minutes to find a stall that went for 50s a month! btw, take a left at /warp market, go all the way till you hit a wall, I'm on the right...

This would bring up the shop price though, I'd imagine. Perhaps just open up the tops of shops in the little themed corner market spots? This way those get more traffic, and they can afford the price going up a bit.

Shops are already horribly overpriced I hope they don't go up more lol

To clarify:
- proposing not to replace all the shops with big ones, just some; or even better, have a range of different-sized shops that cost different prices (rather than "one size fits all") so that those wanting to additionally RP as shop-owning merchants and/or who want to sell a larger range of things and/or who want more room to decorate their shops can, while those who are just starting out or want to save silver or only want to sell a few things that they get from their farm or darkroom can as well

As mentioned by Alj23 the Richshops at the center could have a second or maybe even 3rd level since there is defenetly enough place for that above them.

Sorry for the relatively short reply but pretty much all I have to say to this at the moment would be that I think this Idea is good and able to be done with a reasonable amount of work.
Also, Supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.