Archived So Much Lag

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XxXYaJrAbXxX

Kingdoms Baby!
Reaction score
Faction
Jaholdril
Many members are complaining about the amount of lag they keep getting from about 6pm GMT it gets no higher than 5.9 TPS except the odd occasion which maybe lasts for about 5 minutes. I am starting to feel disappointed as about a year ago there was barely any lag with the old server. It could put up with something like 1337 Ender dragons as you may know but this server can barely cope with 100 players without dropping below 9 TPS. You may be thinking "Oh, it must be your computer" but no it is not. I built my PC from scratch and it usually gets 300 FPS on vanilla and I know the difference between FPS lag and Server lag. I love Massivecraft's community and server but I feel maybe you could get rid of some plugins that are causing a lot of lag and not being used.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I actually find that lag is caused the most by:
1) Entities. Mobs count. Every mob or two counts for the TPS as much as a regular player does. I think that by reducing the number of mobs that can spawn in an area, we can reduce lag.
2) Duplicators and redstone. Redstone has a minor effect, but duplicators are major. If you see duplicators, get rid of them. They not only make the gameplay unfair for others, but they decrease TPS.
3) Plugins don't actually affect TPS that much. The problem is that McMMO is still having a glitch in their code. Also, Cayorion is trying to recode most of the plugins to have MCore in it. MCore basically makes it compatible with sharding,
4) Worlds also cause a pretty big amount of lag with all of the chunks loaded in. By removing Ceardia, we will probably reduce lag by a big amount.

I actually find that lag is caused the most by:
1) Entities. Mobs count. Every mob or two counts for the TPS as much as a regular player does. I think that by reducing the number of mobs that can spawn in an area, we can reduce lag.
2) Duplicators and redstone. Redstone has a minor effect, but duplicators are major. If you see duplicators, get rid of them. They not only make the gameplay unfair for others, but they decrease TPS.
3) Plugins don't actually affect TPS that much. The problem is that McMMO is still having a glitch in their code. Also, Cayorion is trying to recode most of the plugins to have MCore in it. MCore basically makes it compatible with sharding,
4) Worlds also cause a pretty big amount of lag with all of the chunks loaded in. By removing Ceardia, we will probably reduce lag by a big amount.

It does affect TPS as it uses up more RAM which is the cause of lag if the RAM is very high which you would expect from this size of server.

This is an old topic. Sharding is the longer term solution, we just have to be patient and wait for Cay to complete the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.