So Good It Herds

A page of a journal was covered with scribbled out notes and little doodles here and there. Upon closer inspection one could see it's a recipe of some kind.

My recipe for shepherd's pie is a rather easy one, you'll need the standard vegetables and meat as well some extra bits and bobs.

I made this for a cooking contest and it received rather high praise. Which I would've won if it wasn't for that blond malformed orc hybrid and his grandfather cursing my food with their words and irritating presence.

(Ground lamb, diced carrots, mashed potatoes, broth, peas, butter, an egg yolk, chopped rosemary and thyme, garlic, diced onion, salt, pepper, oil, tomato, and just a bit of that sauce)

Once your potatoes are cooked, mix in the egg yolk, cream, salt, and pepper into a smooth mash.

I find while mashing potatoes it's best to envision them as someone who wronged you, the extra oomph you get from frustration can make your potatoes all the creamier! Like an ex or someone with blond hair. Or a blond haired ex.

Once you have your potatoes done, leave it to cook a little on the stove (be sure to keep an eye on the fire) and move onto the filling!

First you oil your pan and add in the carrots and onions. Once the onions are browned stir in the garlic and wait until it's browned. After that add in the meat, salt, and pepper and cook til it's browned.

Once the meat is cooked you combine the broth, tomato, sauce, and herbs into the mix and leave to cook a bit longer and remove your potatoes from the heat now.

Once it's cooked, mix in the peas with the meat and fill your baking pan with it. (Smooth it out with a wooden spoon! Less lumps and bumps, unless you're serving this to grumps.)

Top it off with the potatoes and pop it into the oven til the potatoes are a golden brown!

Or at least just try not to burn it, wasting food isn't exactly grand and you'll be upset at yourself for having to eat chard potato.