Archived Slight Armor Texture Change

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

Saturtos

Yo Mama
Reaction score
Faction
Raeth
Just remember keep an open mind while reading, and don't go all flaming mad if you disagree. This is just something I have noticed that has made the roleplay experience less engaging for me. It isn't a huge issue, but I think it might make PVP easier to incorporate into RP.

I really love the Massive Resource Pack for the server. It is extremely detailed, semi-realistic, and very medieval, but one thing I have noticed is that most hardcore PVPer's or just the generally wealthy people tend to walk around in god/diamond armor, which is fine. My only quirk with this is that almost all armor textures (leather isn't too bad) cover so much of a persons skin, that it makes every person look exactly alike, no matter how much time is put into making a nice, lore friendly skin. Because not sure if this is true to most people, but at times I would like to RP, but find a way to tie combat into my RP without having to hold a mock battle with no armor. While I could fight someone wearing diamond just fine while RPing, if their, or my entire skin is covered up by a beautiful yet monotonous full body armor texture, it doesn't allow me or them to get the real RP feel. On another side note, I know most people will say "If you want to roleplay as an archer/assassin in pvp then just wear leather/chain armor." This might work if diamond/god armor had some drawbacks, but if a guy wearing leather comes in attacking a guy wearing god armor now, it would be a very anticlimactic fight

So, I was thinking maybe have 2 separate packs, one with all of the current armor textures and a second with lighter looking textures, that cover less of a person's skin, so that even while a person is wearing armor, you are still slightly unique. I have seen multiple people post threads about how they want more customized armor, or how cool it would be if you're a ranger you get bonus' for wearing leather/chain, or you get axe bonus' for wearing diamond/iron, ect. While I think having more customized armor, or armor bonus' would be amazing, I don't see this getting implemented whatsoever. So instead I think having 2 separate resource packs each with heavier/lighter looking armor might help appease both the RPer's and the PVPer's

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Just remember keep an open mind while reading, and don't go all flaming mad if you disagree. This is just something I have noticed that has made the roleplay experience less engaging for me. It isn't a huge issue, but I think it might make PVP easier to incorporate into RP.

I really love the Massive Resource Pack for the server. It is extremely detailed, semi-realistic, and very medieval, but one thing I have noticed is that most hardcore PVPer's or just the generally wealthy people tend to walk around in god/diamond armor, which is fine. My only quirk with this is that almost all armor textures (leather isn't too bad) cover so much of a persons skin, that it makes every person look exactly alike, no matter how much time is put into making a nice, lore friendly skin. Because not sure if this is true to most people, but at times I would like to RP, but find a way to tie combat into my RP without having to hold a mock battle with no armor. While I could fight someone wearing diamond just fine while RPing, if their, or my entire skin is covered up by a beautiful yet monotonous full body armor texture that doesn't allow me or them to get the real RP feel. On another side note, I know most people will say "If you want to roleplay as an archer/assassin in pvp then just wear leather/chain armor." This might work if diamond/god armor had some drawbacks, but if a guy wearing leather comes in attacking a guy wearing god armor now, it would be a very anticlimactic fight

So, I was thinking maybe have 2 separate packs, one with all of the current armor textures and a second with lighter looking textures, that cover less of a person's skin, so that even while a person is wearing armor, you are still slightly unique. I have seen multiple people post threads about how they want more customized armor, or how cool it would be if you're a ranger you get bonus' for wearing leather/chain, or you get axe bonus' for wearing diamond/iron, ect. While I think having more customized armor, or armor bonus' would be amazing, I don't see this getting implemented whatsoever. So instead I think having 2 separate resource packs each with heavier/lighter looking armor might help appease both the RPer's and the PVPer's
No-one even notices the shiny golden aztec armor.

I think the best way to incorporate diamond armor into rp would be to make it more silvery, liked blued steel.

No-one even notices the shiny golden aztec armor.
I actually love the golden armor texture, I was referring to the armor textures as a whole though. I just think most of the massive armor's cover too much of a persons skin, and since most people wear diamond, almost everyone looks alike. (This problem is even worse with vanilla minecraft textures.)

It's not too hard to edit a resource pack if you want a texture that covers less just change out those specific textures for ones you like better.

You... don;t really rp in full armor...
Even still, the server is very supportive of well thought out characters, and if my RP character is an archer, I don't want to have to switch to full body heavy looking armor if I want to pvp, when I know that is something my character would never do. As I said in my main post, for a rp server I think having more individual skills would benefit the emersion greatly, because right now pvp is essentially who has stronger potions/armor/axe level (every PVPer will disagree with this somehow.) At the very least if I am gonna go hit people in the head with an axe as an archer I want my armor to at least kinda look like something my character would wear.

Even still, the server is very supportive of well thought out characters, and if my RP character is an archer, I don't want to have to switch to full body heavy looking armor if I want to pvp, when I know that is something my character would never do. As I said in my main post, for a rp server I think having more individual skills would benefit the emersion greatly, because right now pvp is essentially who has stronger potions/armor/axe level (every PVPer will disagree with this somehow.) At the very least if I am gonna go hit people in the head with an axe as an archer I want my armor to at least kinda look like something my character would wear.

But...

Pvp...

Is not in character...

But...

Pvp...

Is not in character...
but that is the thing, this is a roleplay server. No matter if the server is a 50/50 split between RPers and PVPers, it is still a RP server. So on that same note, why on a RP server should people who want to pvp have their character make a 180 with their personality, and go from a quiet assassin, to a hulking, behemoth tank, axe wielding, potion drunk, brute with super smash bros hammer syndrome? While I would love pvp changes they have already been denied by others in the past, so as a compromise I think lighter looking armor for those who don't want to go completely 180 with their character, and stay semi in character isn't too bad.

but that is the thing, this is a roleplay server. No matter if the server is a 50/50 split between RPers and PVPers, it is still a RP server. So on that same note, why on a RP server should people who want to pvp have their character make a 180 with their personality, and go from a quiet assassin, to a hulking, behemoth tank, axe wielding, potion drunk, brute with super smash bros hammer syndrome? While I would love pvp changes they have already been denied by others in the past, so as a compromise I think lighter looking armor for those who don't want to go completely 180 with their character, and stay semi in character isn't too bad.
It could be. Just saying.
Roleplay raiding is bae. (Band of Orcs, Unite! @Caelamus @Lazzulai )

I like being a fierce, faceless warrior who slaughters helpless peasants.

I like being a fierce, faceless warrior who slaughters helpless peasants.
And I am sure lots of others do too, which is why I suggested having a resource pack with the current armor, and a new resource pack with lighter, less bulky armor