Slight Amendment To Kill/maim Perms

Discussion in 'Roleplay Discussion' started by MonMarty, Oct 10, 2017.

1. MonMarty

MonMarty Thotdodger Staff Member Server Owner

In light of a recent discussion, an Amendment on Kill/Maim Perms found here:

https://wiki.massivecraft.com/Character_Death

Reads as followed:

Capture/Imprisonment Amendment
    • This regulation is only in effect when a character is in some form of imprisonment. This is understood to be inside the base or house of some other person, confined in some way such as restraints or cuffs, or otherwise bound. It must be imprisonment to such a degree that if another character were to start slapping the person, they could not physically respond with a fight, or can only do so to meet certain death.
    • While in this regulation, if the person who imprisoned the other states "Don't do XYZ or we will cut your hand off", the imprisoned person doing XYZ (what they were told not to do) will give away maim perms. If the person who imprisoned the other states "Don't do XYZ again or we will kill you", and the imprisoned person does XYZ again, they will give away kill perms.
    • In any and all situations, a verbal IC warning must be given first (though it is often cordial to also give an OOC warning)
    • If that first warning is ignored, maim perms are given. If that warning is ignored again, kill perms are given, but kill perms can never be taken on the first warning.
    • XYZ (the act that causes perms to be given) must be a reasonable request such as "stop sobbing" or "Stop talking". Saying "Stop breathing" or "Tell me if Unionism is real" are not reasonable demands.
    • Staff can and will mediate and judge in any and all cases of abuse of the Capture/Imprisonment Amendment.
    • Perms are only valid for as long as imprisonment lasts.
    This is largely done to prevent batman captive roleplay where captives abuse the fact that they know they cannot be harmed to badass themselves in a situation that should normally be traumatizing. This should encourage fear roleplay instead of badass roleplay.

• Winner Winner x 16
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 15
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    #1 MonMarty, Oct 10, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  2. Jack_Castle

Jack_Castle Rage, RAGE Against the Dying of the Light. Supremium

Oh man, I can tell you what, whenever my characters got captured I was always personally terrified OOC, this is because my first character I made on massive was killed while imprisoned, the reason I was given for their death was, "I feel like it is what my character would have done." Which bothered me because had I known they would have been killed I would never have been so willing to be arrested in the first place. Especially considering that back then things were less then cordial, their hand was severed within moments of being imprisoned without any kind of warning in or out of character. Back then kill perms were different, they had a logic clause and only some kinds of characters could kill other characters.

In narratives following I've always had the principle in mind that my character should fight like hell to not get captured. A person should never surrender their freedom so willingly. I can attest then I've always made it a trial to capture either of my two characters to such a degree that other players would just simply bring as many other players as possible. On one occasion Iona was in the tavern back in the old Guard Charter turf feuds, turned around to suddenly see a line of at least ten Hammers all in a line with the intent to arrest her. I'm sure the actual reason they brought so many is because they were convinced I was some kind of power gamer, and perhaps I was, its difficult to measure. But I've always played a character the way I wrote them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Devoruku

Devoruku The Crazy Lore Writer of Worlds

This is perfect for me since I used to do a lot of kidnap and enslave rp.. Now that my captives keep refusing my orders I can finally get maim perms easier~

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 5
  4. Pastellanar

Pastellanar p l a t i n u m   l i z a r d

aight mermaid boy, consider calling up a hotline

• Winner Winner x 6
  5. Devoruku

... mermaid boy...? sure you got the right guy mate, I love demons... not them fish scrubs

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. SnashuuPomaymay

SnashuuPomaymay lol die

Woah. Creepy. o-o

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Devoruku

OKWHAT SICK NUT JOB RATED THIS "CUTE"????!!!
    Everyone will most likely rate this funny or cute so go ahead, I wont judge.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 2
    • Immersive Immersive x 1
  8. gnomery

gnomery avery, local they/themmie

i rated it cute sarcastically

9. Suzzie

Suzzie elf appreciator

... as the cute yanar pastry woman?

what?

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. Devoruku