Archived Skyblock On Massivecraft?

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CommanderCatbug

Drama Bug
Reaction score
Is there any chance that the Skyblock mode will ever be added onto Massive? This game mode is incredibly popular, and I feel like it would attract a lot of new members. After they come here, they will get to see all of our other game modes, and possibly try out factions, or roleplay.

Thoughts from the staff about this?

Thanks!

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
No offense, but why? MassiveCraft isn't some generic mineplex-knockoff server and it shouldn't try to be.

For some reason I cant edit my previous reply, but I should also mention that literally every other server has skyblock. Why would people play Skyblock on MassiveCraft when it exists on thousands of other servers.

One idea: Maybe a Sky Lands world? It wouldnt be lore compliant obviously, but that could be fun just to screw around. End-Sland sized chunks of terrain floating over the nothingness.

SkyBlock is without a doubt one of the community's greatest creations, paving the road for it's genre on servers today. While adding it to MassiveCraft isn't necessarily a bad idea, it will attract a bulk of new players focused on just that mode alone. With demand comes obligation and maintenance, swerving both the server and it's staff from focus on Roleplay & PVP. If that does happen, it will definitely cause upheaval between players demanding more attention for their respective gamemodes. If you do a little searching, it's quite noticeable how fractured the PVP and RP communities were previously, despite countless efforts made for both sides to coexist. While I'm unsure of it's current state, adding in SkyBlock just like that isn't as simple as it seems.

That said, I've always thought that a unique approach to SkyBlock for RPG servers such as MassiveCraft would be interesting. I would even say that it's a hybrid of Roleplay, PVE, Survival & Questing alike, although the amount of work required on the staff's side is not to be belittled. For example, here's a very vague idea I have:

1. Your character ends up in a floating city after a staff led event. Magic and roleplay can tie in with it's various aspects.
  2. The citizens there welcome you with open arms and gives you an island to live on, which is your standard beginning to SkyBlock.
  3. However, the city has it's own set of issues, and the player goes on various storyline quests, giving the player access to perhaps stronger gear and minerals while building up his or her own home on the given island.
  4. The city's council recognizes your efforts eventually and promotes you to an official rank on their hierarchy.
  5. You are sent to various other floating continents to fight custom mobs who are threatening the safety of the world.

Allowing players to party up to work on islands and go on slaying missions would make things even more interesting. Just giving my two cents on your feedback. Good luck! :)

Last edited:
For some reason I cant edit my previous reply, but I should also mention that literally every other server has skyblock. Why would people play Skyblock on MassiveCraft when it exists on thousands of other servers.
^

I've always seen Massive as a server that stands apart from other servers in the way they provide services to players. It took me a year to find this server after I left my old towny server. And back then, I thought said towny server was the peak of Minecraft servers. Then lo and behold I find Massive, and my time on the server speaks for itself.

I don't see skyblock being a specific gamemode for Massive to run 24/7. That starts to take away the fantasy faction/roleplay genere we've all embraced. Sure, we could add this as another gamemode. But that just opens the door to have survival games, build battles, and whatever other gamemodes you find on cancer servers. Then we lose our original identity.

On the other hand, skyblock could be thrown into the event pools hosted by staff. We have mazes, "dancing" to avoid falling, and other events. Skyblock could be added to that as a one in a while event to host. But not as an individual gamemode.

Nah, Massive should stay away from adding mini games to it. No offense to your idea or anything but I don't really think that it would draw more people to massive, if they only came for skyblock they'd become disappointed and probably stop playing. I like the idea though.

Only mini game massive needs is Siege, that was hella fun. I'd honestly love to see that reimplemented.

Maybe for the undead war, we could PvE/PVP teamed. It would be uncanon though, assuming you could pretty easily die.
I would love this, merge this with the one idea someone had ages ago about pvp in a Regalia map!

Set up spawners with Bone Horror mobs and just let people fight or w/e lol

Team deathmatch based matches?
Team Deathmatch kind of things, with preset kits so people actually get into PvPing on here as well as just in kit. I know we used to practice there a lot, way back when.

Team Deathmatch kind of things, with preset kits so people actually get into PvPing on here as well as just in kit. I know we used to practice there a lot, way back when.
I missed when mini games were commonly used before they were removed. It was always nice to practice and have some fun at some seige every once in a while. Good times. Especially the very old mini game maps like Sky Tower in Ceardia. Rip.

I think some minigames, that are more team vs team like Death Match or Capture The Flag could have a place in Massive, as Events. And then just have those events more frequently and boom.

Yeah as everyone said basically,Skyblock would ruin massive's personality and make it mineplex/hypixel cancer.I'd hate to see this server go on the road to fame because we jumped on the bandwagon.Massive is different and good because of it.

(I just realized I just sounded like the most cringy hipster ever)

As Massivecraft is not a Minigames server, this idea will be rejected.

We always welcome suggestions for staff hosted community-building in game events which players seem to enjoy, but skyblock would involve adding another game mode which isn't really needed at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.