Archived Shulker Boxes For Decoration Purposes

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

grizenator

Citizen
Reaction score
I understand that shulker boxes bring a range of problems, especially with the back pack plugin. But can you just disable their use and let us use them as a decoration block? The texture pack give a whole bunch of neat decorations that Regalia can use, but is unavailable to the general public. Please change this and let us all use shulker boxes in our builds.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
From what I have heard the major concern in Regalia is lag, because even if you dont let them be opened they still count as tile entities or something.

Shulker boxes use the BlockEntityTag to determine their contents when broken and placed.
But this shouldn't be a problem since a large amount of blocks are block entities?
Banners, signs, heads, chests, beacons ect.

Shulker boxes use the BlockEntityTag to determine their contents when broken and placed.
But this shouldn't be a problem since a large amount of blocks are block entities?
Banners, signs, heads, chests, beacons ect.
And most of these blocks aren't allowed. Players can't place chests, or signs, or even trapdoors because they work similarly because Notch Code is great fun XD

As Conflee has said, a lot of these blocks are not allowed for the lag reason, the only places you'll find these blocks are in country estates far away from the city and in a very limited amounts in city estates (monitored by World staff). This is to make sure lag is not so bad that the low tier computers on Massive can still enjoy Regalian roleplay.
I too have a hope that shulker boxes will be available for Regalian interior some day, but major changes and coding would probably be needed before we'll let shulker boxes into areas where normal players can get a hold on them.

What about in the survival worlds? Will they be available there any time soon?

As far as I know there's two inventories (maybe three with kitPvP) you have on the server: the survival/Regalian/etc. inventory and your creative inventory: Creative worlds like Creative and for staff, most of the staff worlds.
Shulker boxes are already available in the Creative worlds and thus your creative inventory.
So the matter is if/when they'll be available in the Survival/Regalia inventory and since these are the same, they'll be released in survival and Regalia at the same time.

As far as I know there's two inventories (maybe three with kitPvP) you have on the server: the survival/Regalian/etc. inventory and your creative inventory: Creative worlds like Creative and for staff, most of the staff worlds.
Shulker boxes are already available in the Creative worlds and thus your creative inventory.
So the matter is if/when they'll be available in the Survival/Regalia inventory and since these are the same, they'll be released in survival and Regalia at the same time.

Spoken like a true politician - you didn't actually answer the question... lol