Archived Shrieking.

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SorryNari

The Trilogy
Reaction score
So I noticed that Regelia is teeming with vampires.

Me: What a wonderful day!
Vampire: -SHRIEK-
Friend: Indeed Nari!
Me: We know that you are a vampire. Can you stop shrieking?
Vampire: -SHRIEKSHRIEKSHRIEK-

But anyways, here is a picture to sum it up.
uTMJyZw.jpg

But seriously, I have been thinking that we should remove the shrieking. I can't enjoy a cup of tea in front of the computer, and my ears are bleeding. Dear god. So here is what I am thinking. Since some people would not agree on this, we should increase the time limit of shrieking. So less vampires would give away their positions.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think I saw a thread just like this posted the other day, actually.

I do agree that the shrieking is getting rather out of hand, though.

Whenever I have a vampire shrieking near me I try to pull them aside and ooc explain about vampires and lore in the nicest way possible... Sometimes it works and they learn to play a more quiet vampire, other times they just completely ignore it and go on their merry shrieky way...

I think I saw a thread just like this posted the other day, actually.

I do agree that the shrieking is getting rather out of hand, though.

Whenever I have a vampire shrieking near me I try to pull them aside and ooc explain about vampires and lore in the nicest way possible... Sometimes it works and they learn to play a more quiet vampire, other times they just completely ignore it and go on their merry shrieky way...
I see somthing wrong in there when you pull them aside and explained as for most sensible roleplayers that'd be the time you smash his face against a wall and slit his throat letting him gasp for air and then nibble on his intestines and when he gets annoyed of your rp you shriek in his face

I see somthing wrong in there when you pull them aside and explained as for most sensible roleplayers that'd be the time you smash his face against a wall and slit his throat letting him gasp for air and then nibble on his intestines and when he gets annoyed of your rp you shriek in his face

Perhaps, but my character isn't a violent individual.

Furthermore, if it is a new player to massivecraft, doing such a thing doesn't teach them anything or assist in possibly enhancing their roleplaying abilities- Which is why I try to strike up a conversation with them out of character, so that their in character playing stands the chance to improve.

So I noticed that Regelia is teeming with vampires.

Me: What a wonderful day!
Friend: Indeed Nari!
Me: We know that you are a vampire. Can you stop shrieking?
Vampire: -SHRIEKSHRIEKSHRIEK-

But anyways, here is a picture to sum it up.
uTMJyZw.jpg

But seriously, I have been thinking that we should remove the shrieking. I can't enjoy a cup of tea in front of the computer, and my ears are bleeding. Dear god. So here is what I am thinking. Since some people would not agree on this, we should increase the time limit of shrieking. So less vampires would give away their positions.

I just say get rid of Shrieking altogether.

The basic situations for most is;

Random 1: How are you?
Vampire: -Shriek- Hey look I am a vamp! -shriek-
Random 2/1: -ignores this and continues speaking- Oh I am fine.
Vampire: -shriek, shriek, shriek-
Random 1/2: (yes we know your a vampire now go away)
Vampire: -continues shrieking like he doesn't give a damn-

Shrieking in the background or someone in your face shrieking they're all annoying, even if explained to stop.

Just get rid of shrieking, it is non helpful and has no use. Replace it with something else, something measured to the same standard as the rest and something that would help.

- My opinion.

this is just like my thread, but I'm pretty sure they will take shrieking out. especially if they make every race able to be a vamp.

This. This is why vampires are illegal.

SHRIEK

Stfu!

I don't really have a problem with shrieking...

But maybe that's because I never go to Regalia

Maybe it's because I never RP

Maybe it's because I stay in the depths of the ocean 24/7

Preview

This is what it's like in the Tavern.

I honestly think it can be used in good times, ex. harmed, feasting on someone, but if you have to, either remove it or add like, 2 minutes to the cool-off AT LEAST.

EDIT:
shadow-of-the-vampire-nosferatu-willem-dafoe.jpg
My face while trying to converse with the general vampire population.
Dammit, you got a picture before me... D:

Days like this I remember where I would look back to Final Fantasy, and face an undead. Moments later, it would take 99999 damage, utterly slaughtering it with holy items and healing things in my pockets.

The question isnt can we disable it, gentlemen. Rather, can we make Yanar roses do critical hits against Vampires? The shriek would not be so bad if they took to flame in the sun like undead or simply could shriek in agony when whacked with yanar flowers.

Days like this I remember where I would look back to Final Fantasy, and face an undead. Moments later, it would take 99999 damage, utterly slaughtering it with holy items and healing things in my pockets.

The question isnt can we disable it, gentlemen. Rather, can we make Yanar roses do critical hits against Vampires? The shriek would not be so bad if they took to flame in the sun like undead or simply could shriek in agony when whacked with yanar flowers.

***YOU READY YOUR ROSE***
Have mercy!
tumblr_mrbnczqx5I1rfuwyno1_500.jpg

What Should Happen:

~A Group of vampires run into the forest after getting caught, the guards chasing behind~ "After the demons!" They yell, and one of them turns and hisses. A few of the guards stumble from this unexpected noise, but quickly regain their balance before continuing chase.

What does Happen:

Hiss

Followed by:

What Should Happen:

~A Group of vampires run into the forest after getting caught, the guards chasing behind~ "After the demons!" They yell, and one of them turns and hisses. A few of the guards stumble from this unexpected noise, but quickly regain their balance before continuing chase.

What does Happen:

Hiss

Followed by:

That will never really happen. Vampires just jump up a building.

Perhaps the best way to limit this "noob vampires" population is to make vampirism only available when a person's roleplay character that is a vampire is approved. Maybe it'd be possible to add a setting to vampires plugin that'd let only selected people become vampires?

I actually have to agree with the creeper hiss. When I first started playing I actually assumed that's the sound they would make. Its quieter, less obnoxious, and its not taking away from vampires who have been nerfed a few times already. Besides, if vampires keep losing their powers nobody will play as them, and that's one less thing that breeds hate in our little dystopia which would make it less fun.

Perhaps the best way to limit this "noob vampires" population is to make vampirism only available when a person's roleplay character that is a vampire is approved. Maybe it'd be possible to add a setting to vampires plugin that'd let only selected people become vampires?

I actually posted this exact idea on the Feature and Idea board. It got about 27 likes, but for whatever reason got no attention from the staff.

OR, have a cooldown, so if they shriek too much, they can lose health from lack of air.

Status
Not open for further replies.