Archived Showing Item Descriptions In Chat

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

Sephite

Lillith ✤ TheFairy
Reaction score
Faction
Wrath
Hey all,

I don't know if the following suggestion already exists. Please let me know the command if it does.

I thought it would be great if there was a possibility to show the item descriptions (as the example below) in the chat.

351aaf1fa8cec240af973d85ab20a33e.jpg

In other games I played this was possible with SHIFT + right click on the item. This brought the name of the item into the chat window (in this case "Runic Emerald") and if I hoovered with the cursor on top of it, the whole item description like above was visible, just as if hoovering over the item itself.

This way we could make trading/auctions easier and we wouldn't need to drop items in order to show them to someone.

I don't know if this is possible to implement, but in my opinion this would be really great.
(I'm for example always curious about lore items and with this feature I would immediately know what is auctioned/sold/talked about)

Let me know what you think! :3

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think this would be a splendid idea! It would really help out a lot in the trade chat =3

Hey all,

I don't know if the following suggestion already exists. Please let me know the command if it does.

I thought it would be great if there was a possibility to show the item descriptions (as the example below) in the chat.

In other games I played this was possible with SHIFT + right click on the item. This brought the name of the item into the chat window (in this case "Runic Emerald") and if I hoovered with the cursor on top of it, the whole item description like above was visible, just as if hoovering over the item itself.

This way we could make trading/auctions easier and we wouldn't need to drop items in order to show them to someone.

I don't know if this is possible to implement, but in my opinion this would be really great.
(I'm for example always curious about lore items and with this feature I would immediately know what is auctioned/sold/talked about)

So.... It would show up in your chat, or everyones?

So.... It would show up in your chat, or everyones?

Everyones' when hoovering over the name. (if possible)
Like a link to the "picture" with the whole description that pops up when looking at the item in your inventory/backpack/chest.

Last edited:
Hey all,

I WOULD LOVE THIS. However, I think it should be only used in trade chat for auctions n' such. Otherwise, people might abuse it in general or any other channel that doesn't really need to know about items being sold.

I WOULD LOVE THIS. However, I think it should be only used in trade chat for auctions n' such. Otherwise, people might abuse it in general or any other channel that doesn't really need to know about items being sold.

What about the PvP or factions chat to discuss possible enchantments for armour/weapons? :3
Or the local chat if a lore item is used while role playing? (Not sure if you guys do that, but I can imagine something like "X whispers: 'Let me show you something', and reveals item from a dirty rag.")

Love it, and it seems reasonably simple to implement. Also, it shouldn't be too difficult to have rules about how it is used similar to existing chat moderation.

What about the PvP or factions chat to discuss possible enchantments for armour/weapons? :3
Or the local chat if a lore item is used while role playing? (Not sure if you guys do that, but I can imagine something like "X whispers: 'Let me show you something', and reveals item from a dirty rag.")
I didn't think about that. ( ´∀`)☆ <---<< Me giving you a gold star.
I don't really know too much about the PVP community as I'm one of those roleplay-only scrubs, but I guess it would work in that sense too.

The only game I know with that system is WoW :P
I swear I never did xD There are other games where this is possible but I don't want to mention other games here :P

I didn't think about that. ( ´∀`)☆ <---<< Me giving you a gold star.
I don't really know too much about the PVP community as I'm one of those roleplay-only scrubs, but I guess it would work in that sense too.

aaaaw thank you! *looks proud because she has a ☆ now*

and yeah, RPers and PVPers would benefit both if this was implemented :3

I wonder if this idea makes its way up there :)
@MonMarty @Cayorion @Madus

My idea on how to do it
One way to do this is with a tag like "[Item]" (without apostrophes) which would replace that with the item name, and when hovering showing the items description.

Is it possible?
Is is very much possible.

When do we get it?
I might bring this up in the team, because IMO it seems a bit cool. However as with all other tech updates. Even I f we decide to do this, DON'T EXPECT THIS ANYTIME SOON. If you are lucky you can do this in three months. If you are unlucky you will never be able to do it. But have patience, and don't get your hopes high. I CAN'T PROMISE ANYTHING.

My idea on how to do it
One way to do this is with a tag like "[Item]" (without apostrophes) which would replace that with the item name, and when hovering showing the items description.

Is it possible?
Is is very much possible.

When do we get it?
I might bring this up in the team, because IMO it seems a bit cool. However as with all other tech updates. Even I f we decide to do this, DON'T EXPECT THIS ANYTIME SOON. If you are lucky you can do this in three months. If you are unlucky you will never be able to do it. But have patience, and don't get your hopes high. I CAN'T PROMISE ANYTHING.

Wuhu :D thanks for brining it up in the team :3
*keeps her fingers crossed*

Wuhu :D thanks for brining it up in the team :3
*keeps her fingers crossed*
I didn't want to promise anything. Maybe I will bring it up, maybe not.
As I said don't get your hopes too high, getting stuff done in the tech department takes time. In fact you are lucky if you only wait three months for this feature. All I can say for now is that this is possible, and that I personally find this to be a cool feature (but me liking it is very far from a promise of implementing this).

I didn't want to promise anything. Maybe I will bring it up, maybe not.
As I said don't get your hopes too high, getting stuff done in the tech department takes time. In fact you are lucky if you only wait three months for this feature. All I can say for now is that this is possible, and that I personally find this to be a cool feature (but me liking it is very far from a promise of implementing this).

Don't worry, I didn't take it for granted, but I'm happy it would be possible. :3
It would be awesome if it gets implemented sometime in the future, but I know how hard coding/programming/doing tech stuff can be sometimes..without messing up something else..

Last edited: