Archived Shield Plugin

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

indyfan98

I'm not narcissistic. I'm just better than you.
Reaction score
a crappy hole in the ground, Pennsylvania.
Faction
ProudhammerClan
I have seen shield plugins that I think would fit right in with Massivecraft. The shield plugin allows players to craft shields by surrounding several different items like iron and redstone for different tiers with wood. If you hold the shield and shift, you take less damage. This amount could be edited in a config file. You can also edit how much hunger it uses per block. The shield is a preexisting item that looks like the top of a piston. I think this plugin would add a lot to combat than just swinging you sword and hitting your. Not to mention, the amount of damage the shield absorbs can be changed if people think it's too over powered. This is just a suggestion, but I really think it has a chance of getting in to add a bit more flavor to combat. The forum can be found below. http://www.curse.com/bukkit-plugins/minecraft/shield-plus

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This wouldn't be too shabby hadn't it been for the fact that even with McMMO, the battle mechanics of minecraft are still nothing but spam-the-mouse-button-and-hope-he-dies.

What would it do anyway? Blocking with a sword already cuts the damage you take in half. And because you have to change from the item you're holding into the shield you would just waste time and probably get killed in the process.

It doesn't matter, because even if it was easy enough to use and had a viable function, most PvPers would still be hyper offensive, nobody wants to be a tank, everybody wants to be a glass canon, weaker players could maybe use it but in a PvP situation, it would only postpone their inevitable defeat.

I think he's posted them in the wrong thread he's made. Though this would be a good idea, and shields could have a lot less durability to only last maybe 100 hits before breaking.

I'd like a shield just so people know Sero has one on him. Maybe in exchange for more defense, you can't carry a ax or bow with a shield?

I added the pictures because I was trying to send a picture to a friend who wanted to see my work. I forgot that recently posted on threads got put on the front page.

This wouldn't be too shabby hadn't it been for the fact that even with McMMO, the battle mechanics of minecraft are still nothing but spam-the-mouse-button-and-hope-he-dies.

What would it do anyway? Blocking with a sword already cuts the damage you take in half. And because you have to change from the item you're holding into the shield you would just waste time and probably get killed in the process.

It doesn't matter, because even if it was easy enough to use and had a viable function, most PvPers would still be hyper offensive, nobody wants to be a tank, everybody wants to be a glass canon, weaker players could maybe use it but in a PvP situation, it would only postpone their inevitable defeat.
The way this plugin works is that when you have a weapon in hand, and you shift, you defend. You can also adjust the damage reduced to balance it more. There are also multiple levels of shields.

The way this plugin works is that when you have a weapon in hand, and you shift, you defend. You can also adjust the damage reduced to balance it more. There are also multiple levels of shields.

That would only make axes even more overpowered and swords even more useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.