Archived Shadow Meld: Invisibility Effect

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eman1000

Firework Salesman
Reaction score
While reading catcat's post on ideas for new forms of shadow magic, (http://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/ideas-for-another-shadow-magic-form.13504/)
A thought occurred to me:

For the existing shadow magic form, shadow meld, what if there were a way to grant temporary invisibility (invisibility potion effect)?

Forms this could take:
- Access to invisibility potions
- Access to a specific command, only allowing use in Regalia

Pros:
- It could make for some cool RP! It adds a new level of realism to RP for all characters involved!
- The invisibility effect already exists, presumably making this idea easier to program

Cons:
- If not prevented via coding, this ability could potentially be used for an unfair advantage outside of Regalia, or within during special events (festivals, competitions, etc)
- As with any new plugin feature, it requires time from staff to program
- It could potentially cause other magic forms to complain about not having special abilities

Overall, I think this would take time, and is more hypothetical than realistic.
However, staff, if you think this through and come up with a solution to make this possible, it would be a fun and unique feature!

Like I said, I've already acknowledged that this idea is not practical, so please keep your lists of why this would not work to yourself :)

Interested to hear thoughts on this though!

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
eman1000

Sounds interesting but I think magic should either be RP or a plugin, not in the middle. Also, it doesn't really apply to shadow meld as it only makes the person invisible. Maybe if a new specialization of shadow magic was introduced it would apply. Magic is just a subject so big that it is almost impossible to fulfill it using plugins.

Er. Well.. Honestly I don't like the idea of a plugin. I think it could be easily abused. Like..

Noob: "Oh well I'm a Shadow Mage so I can travel to shadows ANYWHERE!"

Reality: "Come out whatever Shadow is near their entry point"

Then like..

Noob: "I'm a vampire AND a Shadow Mage! So I can turn invisible!"

Reality: "Traverse the Shadow Plane." You aren't invisible..

I think it'd be cool if it wouldn't be abused, and honestly? There's no way that's going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.