Archived Sewer Overhaul Suggestion Thread.

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent_Ruler

Scrapper.
Reaction score
Roleplay Guilds
La Ganga, Registry of Merchants.
The crime rp meetings mentioned things from guard-criminal relations to a gang canonization system (which sounds really awesome). However, it seemed to center itself around restructuring the sewers. This thread is dedicated to just that. Here are some things I would really like to see!
  • Parallelism between the surface and the underground: For example, the sewer exit to the harbor district could have drainage tunnels leading out to sea nearby (with maybe rafts for smuggling?). The sewer exit to the shopping district could have a black market nearby for stolen goods.
  • Have "main tunnels" and "secondary tunnels": Regalia has main streets and back alleys. Why not have big main sewage tunnels and more sketchy "back alley" style smaller tunnels? Fallisma nests/Mekket hives could maybe be found there, and more. Main tunnels could lead to places such as the mossy poss and hidden comfort, and other hubs of roleplay.
  • Signs of life: Show that people live down there! Scattered tents and makeshift houses and the like. Maybe even an undercity!
  • Ruins: The sewers are the site of many battles. Signs of destruction such as broken walls that connect tunnels or even collapsed tunnels that when you crawl through the debris take you to hidden caves and the like would be really cool.
  • Make them deeper: Currently, the sewers are flat. I propose that they have passages that lead even deeper. Since Regalia was built on other civilizations, perhaps expose ruin sites hidden along the tunnels. Change of styles in architecture as you go down would be a nice way to show how different the civilizations were (maybe show signs of how they were taken over to add to Regalia's sewer history?).
  • Sewer Bases: Make sewer bases attack-able from all sides, not just a single door. Make escape possible. Also, affordable (or, if the gang-canonization becomes a thing, offer a free base to those approved as how it currently works with the noble estates).
  • Stealth: Making the sewers a place you can sneak around with, and come out from unexpected openings/exits etc., would be pretty nice for the more stealth-inclined characters.

Add what you feel would be nice! I'd love to hear your opinions.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
These are all magnificent suggestions I am thinking of making some place as my character's base operations! If all these suggestions would be implemented in the future it would help make things even fun for the criminals to roleplay xP

100% yes. Also, more rentregions would be nice. It seems there aren't enough sewer bases for all the different groups, hallchambers not counting because they're too small for large groups.

• Make them deeper: Currently, the sewers are flat. I propose that they have passages that lead even deeper. Since Regalia was built on other civilizations, perhaps expose ruin sites hidden along the tunnels. Change of styles in architecture as you go down would be a nice way to show how different the civilizations were (maybe show signs of how they were taken over to add to Regalia's sewer history?).
You know, ironically the current sewers are more shallow now than when they didn't have their own map.

Back in the day they had a whole bunch of layers and shit that you could asplore for hours, I'll just write it off here from my hours of exploration there, going from top to bottom:

1. The Undercity: Ruins (Regalia's Old Poor district), DrFong's Adventurer's club (Had it own little labrynth), entrance to Fong Estates.
  2. The Catacombs (the sewers of the undercity basically): Water tunnels like we do now but much smaller, The giant dark altar, Underground bar, high vaulted multi-layer room, had a few 'sewer bases' but nothing big or rentable like now.
  3. The Caverns (Lead from under a base in the catacombs): Lots of goddamn lava streams, and rickety bridges!
  4. The Base (Gotten to by finally travelling the Caverns): Its essentially a large complex base, it was empty but expansive. It was like a multilayer septic base and I suppose you could compare it to a Vault from fallout.

This was all on the same continuous map, and was damn amazing. They unfortunately declared it "Not canon" after sometime, but being the naughty player I was back then, I didn't give a damn and just roleplayed there anyway.

Old regalia was large and confusing as hell to navigate, but for all its clutter it had some very nice locations in it. I kinda wish the old map of V1 regalia was saved (back when we had the Racial districts).

You know, ironically the current sewers are more shallow now than when they didn't have their own map.

Back in the day they had a whole bunch of layers and shit that you could asplore for hours, I'll just write it off here from my hours of exploration there, going from top to bottom:

1. The Undercity: Ruins (Regalia's Old Poor district), DrFong's Adventurer's club (Had it own little labrynth), entrance to Fong Estates.
  2. The Catacombs (the sewers of the undercity basically): Water tunnels like we do now but much smaller, The giant dark altar, Underground bar, high vaulted multi-layer room, had a few 'sewer bases' but nothing big or rentable like now.
  3. The Caverns (Lead from under a base in the catacombs): Lots of goddamn lava streams, and rickety bridges!
  4. The Base (Gotten to by finally travelling the Caverns): Its essentially a large complex base, it was empty but expansive. It was like a multilayer septic base and I suppose you could compare it to a Vault from fallout.

This was all on the same continuous map, and was damn amazing. They unfortunately declared it "Not canon" after sometime, but being the naughty player I was back then, I didn't give a damn and just roleplayed there anyway.

Old regalia was large and confusing as hell to navigate, but for all its clutter it had some very nice locations in it. I kinda wish the old map of V1 regalia was saved (back when we had the Racial districts).
I remember all of this, oh goodness.

Perhaps the cistern could be turned into a black market of sorts, with rent-able stalls for player use?

The sewers need to be more dangerous. There is a very large lack of fear of vampirism when you are down there.

There's a strong lack of crime roleplay down there in general. I feel like the thing with the Crimsons kind of killed it a little bit. I was starting to get back into to rp around that time and I found it exceedingly hard to get back into it. The most roleplay I see is usually two or three noobs talking about anime or something in their hoodie vamp skins.

Last edited:
The sewers need to be more dangerous. There is a very large lack of fear of vampirism when you are down there.

I'm honestly surprised they don't have any mobs down there. With MassiveMobs staff could probably make a few types of Vampire and have them lurk in areas that aren't safe for people to travel. Maybe give them a custom aggro system where they attack a player, do like 4 hearts damage, then bugger off having fed themselves and won't attack again for a few minutes, giving players time to escape.

I'm honestly surprised they don't have any mobs down there. With MassiveMobs staff could probably make a few types of Vampire and have them lurk in areas that aren't safe for people to travel. Maybe give them a custom aggro system where they attack a player, do like 4 hearts damage, then bugger off having fed themselves and won't attack again for a few minutes, giving players time to escape.
They had that at one of the festivals, right?

Personally speaking, I can't PVP at all. My mouse is broken. Keep the RP worlds to RP and the PVP worlds to PVP, is what is convenient for me, and many others.

There's a strong lack of crime roleplay down there in general. I feel like the thing with the Crimsons kind of killed it a little bit. I was starting to get back into to rp around that time and I found it exceedingly hard to get back into it. The most roleplay I see is usually two or three noobs talking about anime or something in their hoodie vamp skins.
Chrime has very much died. But that may be because all of the major criminals fell after the purging. My criminal char died after it, and I am very sure that many others did so, aswell.
New and fresh Crime syndicates could help renew the crime scene a bit.

Chrime has very much died. But that may be because all of the major criminals fell after the purging. My criminal char died after it, and I am very sure that many others did so, aswell.
New and fresh Crime syndicates could help renew the crime scene a bit.
Who knows? Maybe they're playing dead so they DONT flood the sewers again and thus actually have a chance to survive?

I've actually been doing a little more thinking about this and I think I have some good suggestions.

• Create a black market area in which people apply for stalls, sorta like in the old special property page. To insure activity.
  • Create a shanty town in the sewers and make rent-able properties there.
  • Create a new area for vampires to interact in.
  • Possibly build the conduit that we hear so much about.
  • Possibly build new hidden openings in like the poor district or the other districts that are assailable as a entrance and exit.
  • Finally, expand the the tunnels in the sewers, overall make it larger, easier to get lost in.

Personally speaking, I can't PVP at all. My mouse is broken. Keep the RP worlds to RP and the PVP worlds to PVP, is what is convenient for me, and many others.

1) This is not PvP, this is PvE.
2) 1 bite for 4 hearts damage and then it goes passive for like 4-5 minutes.
3) You wouldn't NEED to go into areas that have them, they'd just make it so that parts of the sewers are legit dangerous for those who want the adventure.

3) You wouldn't NEED to go into areas that have them, they'd just make it so that parts of the sewers are legit dangerous for those who want the adventure.
But still, keep in mind that rpers rp, not fight.

Still fighting. I can't fight, as most rpers. That's just my opinion. I don't want to have a debate on it, but I encourage you to make a different thread for a discussion about it.

I want to be able to explore all the sewers without danger of being killed by mobs because my mouse doesn't work.

But still, keep in mind that rpers rp, not fight.
Still fighting. I can't fight, as most rpers. That's just my opinion. I don't want to have a debate on it, but I encourage you to make a different thread for a discussion about it.

I want to be able to explore all the sewers without danger of being killed by mobs because my mouse doesn't work.

Fair enough... so you want the danger of criminal & vampire activity without any actual danger... maybe a few NCP's or some mobs that only attack each other? (like some Crimsons/law enforcement and some gang member mobs which attack one another but ignore players?)

Fair enough... so you want the danger of criminal & vampire activity without any actual danger... maybe a few NCP's or some mobs that only attack each other? (like some Crimsons/law enforcement and some gang member mobs which attack one another but ignore players?)
You say that like it's a bad thing. What it would only do is make it harder to rp. But different groups of npcs that attack each other would be pretty cool, though.

I mean. This thread is dedicated to the development of architectural ideas. So I really don't relate to "wanting danger without having any actual danger" or not. I just want to help with how the new sewers are built before we can think about the complexities. I think RPNPCs should be a thread of their own for discussion, and I would actually look forward to seeing the full idea. Otherwise I want to stay on topic, if possible.

I mean. This thread is dedicated to the development of architectural ideas. So I really don't relate to "wanting danger without having any actual danger" or not. I just want to help with how the new sewers are built before we can think about the complexities. I think RPNPCs should be a thread of their own for discussion, and I would actually look forward to seeing the full idea. Otherwise I want to stay on topic, if possible.

Ah, sorry. I misunderstood the point of the thread, my bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.