Sevak

Discussion in 'Staff Profile & AMA' started by Sevak, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Sevak

Sevak King of Deldrimor

In-Game Name: Sevak
    Departments:
    May-September 2017: Game2
    February-September 2019: Game1
    February 2021 - Present: Game2

Was browsing through the forums and figured I'd take a stab at this finally. If anyone still uses the forums and stumbles upon it this will be open for any questions about my staff work or whatever else! Meeting people has always been my favorite part about playing on Massive and I've made some great friends in the seven (and some change) years since I started. Though a few were spent away from the server, I always kept in touch with my pals. Many of whom I now consider to be way more than just MassiveCraft friends, as most of them have moved on from the server and only play other games with me. Some I've met in real life, and I intend to meet more in the future.

Massivecraft Journey - I'll keep it brief because I could go into detail with nostalgia for hours about all the fond memories I have on here. I started off in a small faction in Ithania and eventually left to make my own. @Traxex20 helped me find the land for my first claim, which became a hot spot for every faction who wanted money/empire expansion to go raid. As displayed in this video by iBeSlurping.

I began to PvP to fight back against the raiders, with the help of @qgmk and Magnanimus. I was a free kill for a good amount of time, but as I developed as a PvPer more fighters from other factions like Sunsh1ne901, Shaneski, and Yoloorange, who would become long time members, joined. Aside for stretches of inactivity, I've led the same faction with the same core group of members since.

I've had three stints as a staff member and my goals have always been to foster the PvP and survival community. In my first run in 2017 I developed the Crisis of Kings event which ran for years after I left. In my second I ran the Massive Olympics, though it was originally CnocBride's idea, though overall felt like the tenure was a waste as I didn't see many improvements in the server by the end of it. I returned to staff in 2021 after the survival community had been resurrected by Covid and have since worked on the new vote crates, balancing MassiveRaces, developing the Sieges plugin and more.

IRL Journey - I've lived in New York City for most of my life, aside from a couple of years where I left for college. Though my time away was interrupted by Covid and I was forced to complete my degree online, I recently graduated and am currently starting a job as an entertainment journalist. My current goals are simply to find an apartment with my girlfriend, have a steady source of income, and to live a peaceful life. However, my life passion is for the development of film and television, and eventually plan to pursue a career when I'm more confident in my craft. I've written many scripts, narrative and documentary, and shot films of varying length and genre.

I've always had a wide variety of interests. I've been gaming since I was very young, starting from Nintendo games (Pokemon and Mario stuff), to COD with my friends in middle school, to World of Warcraft for a time, to MassiveCraft, and the games I've played with my friends from Massive, CSGO, Valorant, Civ 5, etc etc.

I'm a sports fan, and have played basketball, baseball, American football, and soccer. My main sport will always be basketball. In college, I was president of my school's intramural league with over 70 players and eight teams. I'm a huge NBA fan (LA Clippers). NFL is NY Giants, MLB is NY Yankees, though I don't care much about either anymore.

I love music, particularly classic rock. The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, The Doors, Pink Floyd, so on and so forth. I'm a huge movie and television nerd. Favorite movies are Magnolia, Mulholland Drive, The Godfather, Once Upon a Time in the West, Blade Runner. Favorite shows are Twin Peaks, The Wire and Friday Night Lights. I could give long lists for either.​

• Immersive Immersive x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Ninja124r

Ninja124r brainlag

3. Sevak

Sevak King of Deldrimor

I wanted to add Valorant Rank - Platinum... but I just can't do that yet

4. BlueChaos

BlueChaos Beggar

Lame

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Ninja124r

Ninja124r brainlag

edit the post.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. FourThirteen

FourThirteen Yeah that Staff Member Tech3

How do you feel about the importance of emoji support on the forums?

7. NjMcr

NjMcr

What is your opinion on hypixel as a server?

8. Sevak

Sevak King of Deldrimor

Bad server doesn’t allow art

9. Fiend_of_Massive

Fiend_of_Massive

New staff, who dis?