Implemented Server Voting

Discussion in 'Factions' started by Aeyris, May 3, 2020.

1. Aeyris

Aeyris ex-ceo of Lyrah

Expanding on our voting system is low hanging fruit. We are japan, we are all old and we have no young people to support us. Let the migrants flow, stop the entropy. There are worse servers doing a lot better than us. Voting plays a huge part here. When was the last time you saw massive on any third-party ranking website? We were able to rely on player loyalty and natural growth for years. We have toiled long and hard to fix things. I think we have tried a lot of big things to make the changes needed. Perhaps, taking an incremental approach to the turn around is what we need. We cant change things overnight. But this is a step in the right direction.

This is not a controversial take. If this picks up sufficient interest I will write up an in-depth report.

@Sevak has good some ideas here -- perhaps before this thread gets cancelled by the bureaucrats we can start a good conversation. There is no selfishness here. I will probably never return to massive in a big way. But it would be nice if it continued to exist in the future.

• Agree Agree x 3
    #1 Aeyris, May 3, 2020
    Last edited: May 3, 2020
  2. SirePyro

SirePyro The Definition of Insanity

The hivemind shall not be questioned

• Educated Educated x 1
  3. Sevak

Sevak King of Deldrimor

I believe the lore items are perfectly fine (I picked a them so I may be biased here) but I think the junk items need to be removed.
    Also the daily regal count should be increased.

Common - 4 votes, Uncommon - 12 votes, Lottery - 40 votes, Rare - 80 votes

• Educated Educated x 1
  4. Aeyris

Aeyris ex-ceo of Lyrah

I think RPers can drive a lot of votes without wrecking the economy. We just need to get more creative.

5. Aeyris

Aeyris ex-ceo of Lyrah

I like the idea of a lottery for premium memberships as a voting reward(cost virtually nothing. And might convert some later)

And I also think that massive can be overwhelming -- esp to would-be factions players. The factions world is much less dynamic than it has been (flow of players is huge obv). But what else has wrecked the dynamism?

I remember being able to barter my way to gear, premium and a base within my first week or so of joining the server in 2014. Now its rare to even see a base go up for auction.

I think having a goal or a common value (like premium back in the day) was very useful at getting people to grind and work together in unexpected ways. What are some similar things we could do now?

Right now, massive is lacking with technical systems like voting but has also been in a culture crisis for years.

#5 Aeyris, May 3, 2020
    Last edited: May 3, 2020