Seraphina Von Der Ebene

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by FeralGayWalnut, Feb 3, 2017.

1. FeralGayWalnut

FeralGayWalnut Lesbian Worst Enemy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    “I am someone who did not die when I should have died.”
    [​IMG]
    Basic Information
    Name: Seraphina Ava von der Ebene
    Birth Name: Shyael Ava Eroth
    Nickname: Sera and Phinny

Race: Imperalized Avanthar

Sexuality: Homosexual

Preferred Weapon: Short Sword and Kite Shield

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    “I suppose I love my scars because they have stayed with me longer than most people.”

Skill Information:

+15 in Blades Combat (+15 from Points)
    +10 in Unarmed Combat (+10 from Points)
    +15 in Axe Combat (+10 from Racial Points and 5 from Points)
    +10 in Shielding Combat (+10 from Points)
    +10 in Frontline Combat (+5 from Points)
    +10 in Calvary Combat (+10 from Racial Points)
    +5 in Food and Drink Science (+5 from Points)
    +5 in Athletics Trainging (+5 from Points)

Body Shape:

Physical Stat: 60 - Capped at Strongman
    Body Fat: Built Body Fat

Languages:

Common (Learned in Childhood)
    Plans Elven (Mother Tongue)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    "Occasionally I give a damn."

Visual Information
    Eye Color: Light Blue

Hair Color: Black

Hair Style: Curly; Sheared short around the ears.

Skin Color: Olive Tan

Clothing: Loose dresses and robes. Often with a red sash or cape.

Height: 6’8”

Facial Scars: Injured first by her wife’s own hands and then later in life by her own, Sera’s face is quite scarred, the left side of her face starting from the top of her temple down her left eye to the top of her lip, is marred by a gruesome scar resembling the path of a claw.

Bodily Scars: Having experienced many a battle and many a would-be near-death experience, Sera has not escaped such situations without scars. Her arms are quite scarred with big and small scars lining her upper and lower bits. Her chest and back are not unscathed either as her back is lined with whipping scars from her brief time being enslaved during the Dead Empress’ reign; as well as a branding scar upon her shoulder of a snake eating its own tail. Her chest itself has fared no better than the rest of her as she has varying battle scars and odd small scar in the shape of an ‘R’ upon her upper chest.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    “She is my sun, my moon and all of my stars.”

How would your character respond to experiencing Fear?

Considering the Imperalized Avanthar is a behemoth of a woman, very little shakes her. However, when she does come face to face with the things that fear her most, she goes into a sort of rage and attempts to destroy the thing that is causing the fear. And after the fear has left her, she gets terrible shakes and often needs to be constantly reassured that everything is alright.

How would your character respond to experiencing Stress?

Stress is probably one of Seraphina’s biggest enemy. She does not handle it well and often overworks herself to the point of exhaustion. Having essentially worked or trained for most of her life, she is always under her own personal stress to keep in shape and keep going. To be quite honest, one of the major things that causes stress for Seraphina is not always being able to protect those she loves as well as feeling powerless in those sort of situations. There’s also the issue of her having recurring nightmares of past events from her time in war and the other traumatic events that have happened to her in the past. These nightmares often prevent her from getting a restful sleep as well as causing her to be more stressed and worried for herself and those she loves. These nightmares are often why she works herself to near exhaustion, allowing herself to merely fall right into bed and pass out from exhaustion. It is not healthy, and she’s been told time and time again that this, but she doesn't listen very easily. She’s quite a stubborn woman.

How would your character express feeling Happy?

The thing that has eluded the Imperalized woman for so long has only recently been taken into her scarred grasp. Happiness for Seraphina is very much a physical thing as she is often relaxed and smiling a big toothy grin when she spots someone who makes her happy. Her family and the few friends she has are often met with firm hugs or other signs of affection that are always joined by the big wide smile.

How does your character view Law and Authorities?

For more or less all of her life, Seraphina has had an authority figure in some way shape or form. Whether it be a teacher, trainer or superior officer, she has always respected them with as much respect that was needed and then some if she particularly had a shine to them. There have been times, though, that she has gone against what both law and authority says to be the right thing as they did not line up with her own beliefs.

How does your character feel about Races other than their own?

Similarly to that of religion, Seraphina is not terribly in touch with her Avanthar self as she was not raised as one, but rather she was orphaned as a child and adopted by a Daendrocian woman who raised Seraphina to be an Ailor to a point. Despite this, she certainly has a respect for other races both big and small, or at least some respect as long as they do not get in her way.

How does your character feel about Religion for themselves, and other faiths?

Religion has not necessarily been an important part of her life as a whole, but she certainly identifies as a Unionist, if not having a religion at all. Frankly, her thought process when it comes to it is as follows: if it is not causing her or hers any problems, she doesn't care.

How does your character feel about the Arcane and Magical in the world?

To be frank, Seraphina dislikes magic. As a whole, she has never had a very good experience with it and simply sees it at as a cheap way to fight someone. Being an Avanthar simply adds to the reasons why she doesn't like magic, however, after fighting many a mage in her time as well as having received permanent injuries both mentally and physically from mages, she has a great distaste for those who are not working alongside her or for the greater good. The greater good being those who have aligned themselves with the Empire and are actively assisting in law enforcement or assisting those in need. More specifically those who are not openly setting things ablaze or using their magic for ill deeds.

How does your character feel towards their family?

Family is of utmost importance to Seraphina. She would drop everything she is doing and assist one she calls family. However, with past events, there are very, very few who can count themselves as a family member to Seraphina. Those who can call themselves family, though, are often met with gifts and lots of affection from the large woman.

What is your character's biggest insecurity?

The biggest insecurity Seraphina has would have to be the fact that she often does not believe she deserves what she has rightfully earned. The happiness she has gained, she believes, is something that she does not entirely deserve. Even after the reassurances from her beloved, she still has doubts
    on her darkest days.

What is your character the most proud of about themselves?

There are very few things that the Imperalized Avanthar prides herself in, however, the most important is the battle and guarding experience she has. And frankly, after working through much of her hatred towards them, she is quite proud of the various scars that mar her skin. There is also the fact that she is very modest and enjoys being such.

What motivates your character to move forward and better their life?

To be entirely honest, fame and glory certainly do motivate Seraphina. She will never entirely admit to this, however, as she prides herself on being extremely modest. If one were to ask her directly, she would reply with keeping those she loves safe and this is certainly true.

What is your character's biggest fear?

Even though she is both tall and very muscular, this behemoth of a woman is terrified of spiders. That is to say she will immediately smash them upon seeing them and tends to avoid going into areas where spiders have been seen. Another of her fears, if not a close second, is large bodies of water as she suffered greatly by this method during the reign of the Dead Empress. However, this fear has lessened over time but is still quite prevalent.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    “This is the story of becoming the hero, the hard way.”

Life Story:

Seraphina was born on December 28th in the year 246 AC to Jhaer and Adamar Eroth. Originally born under the name Shyael, she was raised alongside her twin brother Zenzik in Alarenes. Not a year later, their mother would die and their father would withdraw, leaving the raising of the twins to their mother’s mother, Renestrae. However, Seraphina at only the age of five would find herself lost in the Daenshore after her grandmother had taken her there to do some trading. She would soon be adopted by a wealthy widowed woman by the name of Camila Rascon who had no children of her own. Rascon would raise Seraphina as her own, having her ears clipped at a young age and filling the young Avanthar’s childhood with music, etiquette, and poetry. Having an inkling to where Seraphina actually came from, the woman strived to nurture the clear lack for savagery in the young woman and made her out to be much more than just a simple plain rider elf. Along with this, she began to note the young girl’s want for adventure and interest in the soldiers that would pass through the village, as well as the various mercenaries that they would on occasion encounter in their travels. With this in mind, she gathered Seraphina and their belongings up and went off to Regalia to enroll the now ten-year-old clipped-eared Avanthar into the School of Bloodcast at the Castle Duurwallis.

As she grew older and eventually graduated from the school, Seraphina set out to enlist in the Regalian army and fight for the city and Empire that she had begun to call home. Numerous wars she fought in and soon enough she found herself in Ithania where she was hired on as a house guard to an Ithanian noblesse who she fell hard and fast for. However as they returned to Regalia together, things turned sour for their relationship and the noblesse abruptly died. Though to the those who knew of this relationship, they were told that she had been sick and had passed. Filled with grief on the outside, but truly relieved on the inside, Seraphina turned to the city guard and join the ranks. Not too soon after, she became engaged to her later second ex-wife. Life was good and pleasant, Sera was happy with her wife and the rest of her family had also joined her in Regalia. All good things must come to an end, though, which came in the form of the Usurper Queen, Freya Lo and her army of deathlings. Among the deathlings was the woman who Seraphina had sworn to protect, back from the dead with a vengeance. Both Sera and her wife suffered by the hands of this deathling and another risen dead.

The strains of the Lo Occupation truly put a strain upon the marriage and soon the two found themselves arguing day in and day out. They would later break off the marriage and Seraphina’s wife disappeared with their youngest daughter in tow. Through much hardship and many a soul-searching, Sera has only recently returned to her normal self and has since participated in the most recent Elven War. After various events, Seraphina soon retreated to Ithania to once again begin soul-searching and has since returned to Regalia to begin anew.

• Winner Winner x 23
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 2
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    #1 FeralGayWalnut, Feb 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  2. SnashuuPomaymay

SnashuuPomaymay lol die

Personal approvals! Mainly enjoyed reading her life story <3

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. _Grimmy_

_Grimmy_ Magic? More Like Mag-ick, am I right, purists.

Peer review
    Avanthar can only have blue eyes unless imprinted.

4. Angelus_Sai

Angelus_Sai Sass Incarnate

Ahh love Sera as always <3 Can't wait to see new Sera out and about!

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  5. TheOverseer__

TheOverseer__ Captain of Laveer

6. Eccetra

Eccetra Rat Mumther

@WalnutNinja
    ☼ Staff Review! ☼
    Hello, my name is Eccetra and I’ll be reviewing your app today.​

• I always appreciate some thoughtful formatting in a character app! The personality traits are very well written, they certainly give Seraphina a three-dimensional feel. Great job!
    • You mention in her weapon of choice that Seraphina uses a bow. Who taught her to use a bow? What skill level is she at with this weapon?
    • Fear of large bodies of water is extremely situational and not really a viable weakness. Please replace this with something else that will hinder her in a wider variety of circumstances.
    • Partial blindness in her left eye, as it stands right now, is quite tentative as far as weaknesses go. I'll accept it under the consideration that the fear of water will be replaced with something more prominent, but do take notice to really play out this weakness in roleplay.
    • At what age did Seraphina leave the Alaneras Tent-City? Make a quick note of this!
    Please mark your changes in blue and tag me when you’re finished!

7. FeralGayWalnut

@Eccetra I've made the following changes:
    -Simply removed bow from her weapon of choice since one of her strengths is proficient in swordplay and she would have been much more focused upon strengthening that particular ability.
    -Made it much more clear as to what age she left Alaneras.
    -And replaced the 'Fear of large bodies of water' with 'Insomnia'.

8. Eccetra

Eccetra Rat Mumther

@WalnutNinja
    One of the first and foremost symptoms of Insomnia, and the accompanying sleep deprivation, is slowed reaction times and dreariness. I feel that this conflicts with her quick reflexes. The narcolepsy you've described is also very situational as it is up to the roleplayer's discretion as to when it is convenient to play upon.

I'd like you to go in to detail with exactly how her Insomnia effects her generally, whether that be in irritability and paranoia or reduced healing rates. Alternatively you could designate a rolling system to decide how well she has slept each night, and play upon the detriments appropriately.

Mark in blue and tag me when you're finished!

9. FeralGayWalnut

@Eccetra Made the changes in a different shade of blue.

10. Eccetra

Eccetra Rat Mumther

11. FeralGayWalnut

@Eccetra Thank you so much for reviewing my sheet!

12. FeralGayWalnut

Hey @TheOverseer__, when you get the chance could you add the approved tag to this app?

13. FeralGayWalnut

@Eccetra Hiya! I recently reformatted this app to the new one and have also added a few things in, when you have the time, could you give it a look over?

14. Eccetra

Eccetra Rat Mumther

@WalnutNinja
    Hello again! Great job with the personality section in particular, I have just one thing to suggest:
    • Considering Seraphina is now a Tenpenny Warrior, I think this would be pertinent to add to her talents. She only has two at present, so it wouldn't require any additional weaknesses, but is moreso to describe how she uses this skill. For how long has she trained? What weapons does she prefer to use? How does this help her with her sword-for-hire work?
    Tag me when you're finished!

15. FeralGayWalnut

@Eccetra Added in Tenpenny to her talents.

16. Eccetra

Eccetra Rat Mumther

17. FeralGayWalnut

@Eccetra Hey there! I've finally updated Sera's sheet.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Crineas

Crineas Carnation of Fristadvlom

Claimed for Review.

19. Crineas

Approved.

20. FeralGayWalnut

@Suicidium
    Hey there I need a re-review for this as I’ve changed around her proficiency points quite a bit!

21. FeralGayWalnut

22. Crineas

Approved.

23. mochha

mochha yolo Supremium

smOOCHIES

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  24. FeralGayWalnut

@Suicidium Need a re-review on Sera
    Updates:
    -Adjusted her personality to be more adjacent to how she is currently
    -Played around with proficiency points.

25. BRBKing

BRBKing The Necromancer Premium

May need to get this fixed.

26. HoshiWomp

HoshiWomp animal doctor number 211

Aaa, there she is. Sera, the girl we all know and love. Pretty aesthetic too <3

27. AtticCat

AtticCat haeksen van regalia

Siselle will befriend u eventually

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. Crineas

Approved.

29. SorryNari

SorryNari Local Werewolf Supremium

[​IMG]

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  30. Vegemiite

Vegemiite monty appreciator Supremium

y r u like this

31. FeralGayWalnut

@Suicidium
    Gonna need a re-review as Sera has imperialized and I noticed there were some issues with her proficiency points that I finally tended to.

32. FeralGayWalnut

A little nudge.

33. Crineas

Approved

34. FeralGayWalnut

@Suicidium
    It's me again (sorry)!
    Updates:
    -I've rewritten Seraphina to be a half-elf (Avanthar and Daen Ailor mix)
    -Her life story, age and height have been adjusted as well as her school of fighting has been changed from Tenpenny to Matrais and I've adjusted her life story and proficiency points accordingly.

35. FeralGayWalnut

Slightest of bumps boop boop

36. GenericNerd

GenericNerd Regalian Pioneer

Half-Human gets the cultural boost. Not half Elf.

37. TheHufflePug

TheHufflePug Professional Hugger

Hello God

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  38. FeralGayWalnut

Another small bump cause it’s nearly on the fourth page!

39. FeralGayWalnut

@Suicidium Updated this lovely to the new system!

40. Crineas

Approved.