Ser Borros' Response To The Viridian Order

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Dodink, May 8, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Dodink

Dodink You Know

((I didn't have the time to show up in person, but eeeh))

[A letter arrives!]
    Knights of Regalia, in my absence due to having to deal with... An issue of mine... I still wished to get my point across.

I am an outsider to the majority of private traditions of the Viridian Order, however I believe that traditions can only be harmful if they're unable to adapt to the coming times.

Many Knightly Orders, who's knights earn the title of Ser Or Dame, recruit only Ailors into their ranks. However I believe this tradition is outdated.
    Even moreso in the way of aberrancy, in certain cases at least.

The Lion Pelt Order recruits Altalars, Half-Breeds, and Ailors.
    The Blackguard Order recruits Eronidas, Half-Breeds, and Ailors. Even allowing Silvens into their ranks.
    The Oranjen Order recruits ANY Race, from Ailor to Kathar. Even allowing those with draconic allegiances to carry the title of Knight.

The idea of only Ailors being capable to carry the title of knight has been demolished for... Hundreds of years, at the least.

Lady Eponia du Saulleve Reinard isn't any less of a knight than I, even if she isn't an Ailor like myself.

My own sister, Dame Yamaka Borros of the Oranjen Order, carries the title of Dame proudly. Even with her Archbloodism.

Nor need I mention the countless knights within Orders not given the right to a title, as they go without mention that they've tended to be the most progressive upon this issue.

The Great Oak, Bloodcast, Ward Of The Fae, Monzon, and even Parthas Orders are all deemed... Orders.
    We classify them under the honor of Knighthood, even if they aren't granted titles. And all Orders mentioned don't carry the "Ailor Only" restriction, and some even promote the usage of the Occult or have exemptions in place for specific types of aberrancies.
    Aberrancies, I will say, that we know are uncontrollable in their contractions. Nobody chooses to become Undead, or be born Silven, they are things one is just... Get, or are born with. Without choice.

I believe that the ideals of the past shouldn't govern our path to the future. Change needs to happen, and we best make it now rather than later.

In addition, notice how I haven't even mentioned the person in question which has spawned such discussion.
    The Honorable Prince Frederick Kade, who's might should go unquestioned, ranks as a Paladin within the Viridian Order. His transformation into an Url for the betterment of others is in perfect allegiance with the very concept of knighthood!

Dedication, Selflessness, and Sacrifice.
    The Honorable Prince Frederick Kade did little else than show all traits so brightly, it could've eclipsed the sun.

All that stands in the way is the fact that the Viridian Order carries an outdated rule, preventing such honorable action from being recognized as it is.
    And that goes for every Order, except for the Villiers-Eclaire and Darkwald Orders.
    As they have religious reason to not take such ideals into consideration. Of which I am not qualified to properly discuss here.

We should, in general, be much more open about the idea of none Ailors becoming knights to other Orders.
    Everyone can be a knight, but its down to those who put in the time and become paragons of virtue to do so.

@FireFan96

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Powerful Powerful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. FeatheredBlade

FeatheredBlade Local Imperial Knight Supremium

The Villiers hums as he reads the notice, armored fingers holding the parchment gently.

"Ah, Borros, always the negotiator. Good to see him taking care of himself."

He hums in response, before releasing the paper and turning back to his rounds.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  3. akusazero

akusazero

A lone Bloodcast wanders the streets, finding a paper pinned up to the Notice board.
    ".. There's te' Lad I know. Good on ye', Ser."
    He leaves, mood brightened- if only a little.