Scholar Ministry Seeking Volunteers For Naval Expedition

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Eronoc, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

A large paper would be posted on the notice board, bearing the following advertisement:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IS SEEKING

Patriotic Navy Personnel, Alchemists, Maiar, Slizzar, and other volunteers who have the:
    ability, acclimation, skill, and wherewithal to partake in naval and underwater activities, including carefully manning a ship, deep-water diving, and the creation of Wodnik's Jelly.
    As well as an Engineer, Technician, or other volunteer who would be:
    able to aid in setting up a stable dredging system
    for a Ministry expedition, about which further details will be disclosed upon volunteering.
    Volunteers will be rewarded with the official public recognition of the Regalian Scholar Ministry, the ability to dutifully serve their Empire, and a covering of personal expenses incurred on the expedition.
    To apply, contact the Scholar Minister,
    Baron Augustin Reinard

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    OOC Information:
    To apply for this progression-oriented opportunity, fill out the following form. Otherwise, you may respond as normal, per the rules of the Regalian Roleplay forum section.
    In-Game Username:
    Character Name and App:
    Race:
    Applicable Skills:
    IC Response:

• Winner Winner x 4
    #1 Eronoc, Feb 19, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  2. Timisc

Timisc The Worst

In-Game Username: Timisc
    Character Name and App: Vaellsyn Elenajil
    Race: Altalar
    Applicable Skills: Past sailor, manning a ship comes naturally to him.
    IC Response:
    To Scholar Minister Augustin,
    While I am still acclimating to the new society of Regalia I have found myself struggling to find a place or purpose amongst the Empire, suppose this could be a decent start. I spent the majority of my life aboard a ship and have thus picked up the needed skills to man one. Furthermore, I do not fear the ocean and would be willing to assist in this diving you have in mind. Outside of that, I've been told I'm quite the talker. We may meet if you wish it, though this seems right up my alley.
    Vaellsyn Elenajil

3. swimmer762

swimmer762

In-Game Username: swimmer762
    Character Name and App: Fayre McClain App
    Race: North Ailor(Velheim)
    Applicable Skills: Alchemist
    IC Response: I would love to help with this experiment! I've brewed Wodnik's Jelly before and have had many successful attempts, therefore I feel I could be of help in this experiment.

4. Messtro

Messtro Flower Goblin

In-Game Username:
    Nesstro
    Character Name and App:
    Senobia Kopanari
    Race:
    Half-Ailor/Half-Altalar
    Applicable Skills:
    Alchemist Scholar
    IC Response:

To the Baron Reinard,
    I hold an interest in coming along on your expedition and the making of Wodnik's jelly and going into the water to assist in finding what you are looking for. I am experienced with alchemy and continue to use it rather frequently by making certain alchemy supplies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Caelamus

Caelamus Sir Honeybear the chronic druid main Supremium

In-Game Username: Caelamus
    Character Name and App: Rowan Haaven
    Race: Yanar
    Applicable Skills: Kaitis; Barrier Light (Creates pockets of air), An Ellon Form that is somewhat fish-like (Cannot breath underwater however.)
    IC Response:

To the Esteemed Scholar Ministry, I Rowan Haaven write to you to lend my skills to your endeavors as I enjoy swimming, diving and those sort of activities including water. I have at my disposal Kaitis known commonly as Barrier light that when used creates a bubble of pocket of air underwater. I aswell as Director of Magic of the Alchimia Order can also supply and stock members of the expedition with the necessary Wodnik's Jelly or have my alchemists join the expedition if need be. Something lesser to note is I also know Ellon Form, mine in particular sports the tail of a fish. While not necessarily assisting the speed or giving me ability to breath underwater. It is of assistance when swimming however I believe Kaitis would prove far more useful in the scenario. Thank you for your time, Spirit bless.

Signed, Rowan Haaven.
    Director Of Magic, Alchimia Order.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ezalB

ezalB Student of Hydration

In-Game Username: Ezalb
    Character Name and App: Susumu Yi
    Race: Al-Allar
    Applicable Skills: Student level alchemist, and some knowledge of seafaring.
    IC Response:
    The letter was written in a very conformed and linear print.

Respected Baron And Scholar Minister Reinard,
    I would like to participate in this current mission on deep-sea diving. Although previous experiences in life have driven me away, from the sea, be it the Songaskian War, or the Chrysant War, the ability to apply my alchemical knowledge on the waves is a great opportunity to me, as well as to serve our shared state. As a child, I helped with my father aboard fishing vessels, and did not learn alchemy up until recently, where I have thus joined the Alchimia Order. I am sure you may have heard of us, and I work currently for them as an alchemist. I hope to be able to assist with this outing, and even if not, I wish you the best of luck.
    Spirit's blessing,
    Susumu Yi

7. Llatzerus

Llatzerus Iannis Ardelan

In-Game Username: Mr_Ortonnaise.
    Character Name and App: Alexander d'Ortonnaise.
    Race: Ithanian Ailor.
    Applicable Skills: Learned level Admiralty. Experience in manning ships and naval expeditions within recent wars, currently administrating the active Scout Armada.
    IC Response:
    A letter would be sent to the Scholar Ministry with a d'Ortonnaise seal,

To the esteemed Augustin Reinard and Scholar Ministry respectively,
    I believe my own skills could be of use in this upcoming naval expedition the scholar ministry makes mention of. I am an admiral in active service, and have been active in our Empire's navy since the earlier elven wars. I would be honored should the scholar ministry consider me, and I eagerly await to hear back with your response.
    By the Spirit are we guided,
    Admiral Alexander d'Ortonnaise

• Educated Educated x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. KrakenLord01

KrakenLord01 That Guy

In-Game Username: KrakenLord01
    Character Name and App: Relveth Vinthracia https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/relveth-vinthracia.33069/
    Race: Shendar
    Applicable Skills: Medicine
    IC Response:

To Scholar Minister Augustin Reinard,

An opportunity to learn more of the world and benefit from such is too much to refuse. While I may not have the aquatic competency of a hardened sailor, I would imagine such an expedition requires medical personnel that can take care of any incidents arising from unforeseen happenings. The deep sea can be both a place of wonder and mystery, and I would hope to contribute to what might be Regalia's next breakthrough in scholarship.

Best wishes,
    Relveth Vinthracia

9. TheMoistestMan

TheMoistestMan Captain Regalia

In-Game Username: TheMoistestMan
    Character Name and App: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/alexander-donsly.60301/#post-760693 Alexander Donsly
    Race: Ailor
    Applicable Skills: Spent many years on constant boat travel, giving him the ability to man many if not all stations on a ship with proficiency
    IC Response:
    Dear Scholar Minister Augustin Reinard,
    An opportunity such as this doesn't present itself often, therefore I would be more than happy to venture as part of the crew if given the chance I have helped man my fair share of ships in all my travels, so I could be of use in that regard
    Thanks for your time
    Spirit Bless
    Alexander Donsly

10. EndersGameboy

EndersGameboy The Last of the Bloodline

In-Game Username: EndersGameboy
    Character Name and App: Beni'sol'sticio Futa'lloa (https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/beni’sol’stició-futa’lloa.63597/)
    Race: Avanthar - Cielothar
    Applicable Skills: The Disciplines of Arcane and Planar; spent a great amount of time on a ship sailing from Daenshore to Silverwind. There the people on board were expected to help out with the ship's functions.
    IC Response:
    To the Baron Augustin Reinard; Scholar Minster,
    I believe I have already sent you a letter in the previous days stating that I wish to actually join your Scholarly ministry. I believe this will be a great moment to prove my intellectual expertise to you. Though none of my disciplinary skills are that useful when traveling the seas, I spent somewhere around thirty to fifty years aboard a ship. All passengers on the ship were expected to be part of the crew. In this way, I do have knowledge necessary for survival on an oceanic vessel. And, who knows, maybe we may encounter something that is not of the mundane. There I may be of use.
    Spirit Guide

Sincerest Regards,
    Beni Yadgah

11. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

In-Game Username: Wumpatron
    Character Name and App: Melchior Ahmad https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/melchior-ahmad.63522/
    Race: Qadir
    Applicable Skills: Student of the School of Technology to a minimal degree
    IC Response:
    Lord Reinard,

I knew our paths would cross once more. You have my interest peaked with your dredging system, I would like to discuss the finer details of such a project, perhaps my own knowledge on the field of technology may be of some benefit to you. Understand that my offer is strictly for this project, I have no intentions of joining your Ministry, merely assisting for the greater good.

- Melchior Ahmad

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. FireViper27

FireViper27 The man without a plan

In-Game Username: SenseMakeNo

Character Name and App: Pōrangi

Race: Maiar

Applicable Skills: Deep Sea Diving, Champion-School of Lecgaen

To Baron Reinard,

I have received word of your expedition and believe my species unique skills will come in handy, specifically that I can breath underwater, and therefore stay underwater for a long time. I’m also a long time Strynger, having practiced for nearly two decades and have built up large amounts of muscle in that pursuit. I’m fairly sure both of these things will be helpful, regards-

Pōrangi

13. _Owlet

_Owlet Nelfin Redhead

In-Game Username:
    _Owlet

Character Name and App:
    Maxence Peirgarten.

Race:

Ailor, Leutz-Vixe

Applicable Skills:

Maxence is a learned Astronomy under the disciplines of Aloria and Celestial, Close to becoming a scholar. Being able to navigate with maps as well as study the stars to travel. Also being a Graduate Marine Command from the School of Leadership.

IC Response:

" Baron Reinard, Minister of Scholars.

I'm writing to you to show I have peaked interest in lending myself out for such expedition. I'd be honoured to offer my services and skills for the Scholar Ministry and do hope you'd consider my presence on board the vessel.

Spirit's Bless.

signature.png "

14. InDogsWeTrust

InDogsWeTrust sleeping bees

In-Game Username: InDogsWeTrust
    Character Name and App: Hank
    Race: Halfbreed. Avanthar x Ailor
    Applicable Skills: Expert Alchemist (system rework, but still relavent)
    IC Response:

Baron Reinard:
    I’m a good alchemist with a clear schedule. You’re gonna want me on your team. Also I like fish. Sploosh sploosh!

— Hank

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Reaganism

Reaganism 40th President of the United States

In-Game Username: Miss_Ortonnaise
    Character Name and App: Charlotte Moselberg
    Race: Ailor
    Applicable Skills: Noble & reputable contacts she maintained the past years that could both contribute & provide resources (syndicate contacts proficiency). Emergency voodoo if need be (void magic).
    IC Response:

To the Scholar Minister Augustin Reinard,

A bit belated, but I would gladly join your expedition. I may be a philosopher in your ministry but at my peak my word meant a lot both within and outside Regalia. I could move some threads and connections for whatever you may require for the excursion, be it manpower or other resources. Whether I will be able to lend magical help will be up to the Azure Order and whether they give explicit permission.

With loyalty to the Empire,
    Charlotte Victoria Moselberg

16. Karmesian

Karmesian Wild hound

In-Game Username: SenileKaboose
    Character Name and App: Carmen Dale
    Race: Altalar
    Applicable Skills: Blade combat, decent sailing ability.
    IC Response:

"To the most respectable Scholar Minister Augustin Reinard"

"Whilst I expect I would prove relatively ineffectual in the pursuit of knowledge on your expedition, I would be more than willing to aid in the manning of your ship, or assisting in ensuring its security should any unforeseen threat come upon it, if you would so wish."

"Best of luck, regardless,
    - Carmen Dale."

17. Jack_Castle

Jack_Castle Rage, RAGE Against the Dying of the Light. Supremium

In-Game Username: Jack_Castle
    Character Name and App: Here
    Race: Anglian Ailor
    Applicable Skills: Expert in Naval command, ship sailing, and airship control
    IC Response:

Scholar Minister Augustin Reinard,

I can provide the necessary skills to get you to were you need to go. Not sure what your going to discover in all this, but thats not my field of knowledge. I wish to volunteer my aid to your expedition.

Knight-Captain Jakkios Corvus