Archived Saving Trait Layouts

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

Destrument

Do you like my weapon? Ha-HAH!
Reaction score
Just think it would be a nice feature if you could 'save' and 'load' trait builds. This is somewhat similar to how you can list them all on some signs, but, well, without the signs. There could also be some pre-built load-outs, like racial builds.

Just something that could save time and effort, while not actually detracting from the experience.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
While there obviously would need to be limits on saving builds (likely just a few per player), I think this would be a very welcome change. Although I'm not so sure about the pre-built sets, I feel it would detract from the experience since it would essentially be giving everyone the same seed to work with. When we don't have the pre-built sets, players are much more likely to experience a larger variety of builds, causing their future sets to also be different.
Other than that, +1

Pre-built was just something that came to mind when I posted this. TBH, pre-made builds aren't a very good idea, you're right.

Not sure, I mean this could be alright, but there really isn't a need. Is it so hard to remember a trait-set and then reapply it later? I mean, even if you have issues, put it on a sign. 1-2 signs is a total of 6-12 wooden planks and 1-2 sticks, nothing impossible is being asked there. I know also that the staff are putting in suggested trait-builds on the lore pages, so that's something. Now, if you really wanna go above and beyond, write the build down on a piece of paper.

I agree that this would be ok, however signs are just fine for this. sure saving a trait (with a command like /t s 1, or something like that) sounds great but you can set up an unlimited supply of trait builds using the signs. im siding on both ends so +0.5

While there obviously would need to be limits on saving builds (likely just a few per player)
we could give like 2 build saves to non-premiums and 5 build saves to premiums. more incentive to buy premium

I am not trying to say this is a bad idea or it shouldn't be implemented, but in the mean time you can do the following.
You can remove all your traits and set new one using a single command /t set <trait1> <trait2> etc...
Then you can save the traits in a notepad and copy paste.
I know this isn't a complete solution, but it can be an alternative for the time being.

You guys do know you can save a trait set on a sign (or signs), right? You just have to right click, and you get the traits. There's a page on it, but I'm using a school computer I'm unfamiliar with, so I can't post a link.