Archived Sailing The Sea

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kylevaters

Ranger
Reaction score
Roleplay Guilds
Archery Guild
There is a plugin out there. I do forget the name. but it lets make pirate ships/ ships. all you do is build a helm after you build a ship. I think it would be cool to be walking down a beach and see i huge ship sail past you. Also it makes it easier and adds a bit more role play to the game. If you add i this Plugin you will be able to make trade posts around the world which you can sail to and bring cattle and other valuables.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Wait, is this a mod...or a plugin?

Anyway, from looking at this for a bit, it sounds like it would produce LOADS of lag.

I have seen videos on this Plugin. it does not produce a lot of lag.

I have seen videos on this Plugin. it does not produce a lot of lag.

Maybe on a small scale it won't, but you know that everyone is going to want a ship, and this on a large scale must produce at least a moderate amount of more lag.

All you need to do is have it so to be able to build a ship you must get perm and you must pay 5000R

Alex if you disagree and want to do small things on life go ruin someone else's dreams.

Hmm, I believe this has been recommended many times before and turned down. Not to mention the lag that it would cause o-o

Alex if you disagree and want to do small things on life go ruin someone else's dreams.

I doubt Alex was really trying to ruin your dreams, so don't say something that extreme. Anyway, onto the idea. I'll basically repeat what everyone else has said. This would probably cause lag, and lots of it. I would imagine it would be also very awkward. What happens when you log out while you're on the boat? Can people grief the boat? How would boats travel between worlds, if they could?

It does cause a lot of lag..you know how it works? it breaks every single block and moves it..and almost teleports the entities standing onboard with the blocks, but actually anchoring them to the blocks so the blocks will move with the people..anyways, just really complicated and one ship could cause a ton of lag depending on its size.

I like building ships, and I'd like to sail some of my vessels, but I agree with everyone else that it would produce a TON of lag. Sure, if there's only around 10 people on a server, it might not be a problem. However, this is Massivecraft, where just today I counted over 200 people online. Everyone would want a ship, and you'd get those people who have HUGE ships already built, and you'd get a metric shite ton of lag. The last time this idea was proposed, it was shot down because of lag. Plus, there's the problem with factions. Boats would most likely by-pass the factions plugin, allowing people to crash boats into your wonderful port. If you can address lag and grief, I'd be all for this idea.

Like stated before, this has been suggested many times and it actually does produce tons of lag.

This might work if there was a major whitelist on the ships that were made, meaning applications would be sent in, and the staff would review and accept or decline them, and the staff would look at the ships and see if they were good enough. And only staff would be able to activate them. The reason for this is, you wouldn't want little dirt ships sailing around.

All this "Ship Plugin" stuff is not true, this is a mod that everyone would have to download to play on the server, go ahead and link a video if you want to prove me wrong, but from what I know, no such plugin exists.

When I first saw this thread I thought it said "Selling the Seas" xD

Eheeeeeeem... My input is going to be short and simple *takes deep breathe* No.

1.lag
2.bugs
3.configuration
4.i have seen this plugin and have sailed docks from their port
5.Crashes
6.Even if they did move I have seen this plugin and you most likely will fall off

Good things about it

1.It would make me want to love the world even more and... Forget the outdoors I can build ships on massive!!!

(If mojang would listen to its people there would be many sea creatures and boats right now)

Yes, this has been debated at length relatively recently and the thread simply deteriorated into an all out argument about whether it would produce lag or not. With no disrespect intended to Kyle I suggest we lock this thread and y'all can 'search' for the last time this came up (a month or two back).

I've always wanted this to be implemented, but it most likely will not be implemented. You never know maybe mojang will come out with moving pirate ships in a year from now. But until then go make/find a texture pack that makes small little vanilla boats look massive, and boom you have your pirate ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.