Aloria Story Progression Rosewood Ascending

Discussion in 'Progression Events' started by MonMarty, May 3, 2017.

1. MonMarty

MonMarty Thotdodger Staff Member Server Owner

The tense situation at Mirnoye showed no signs of releasing anytime soon. The State Minister of Regalia, Medard Ravenstad, sent a counter proposal that meant to function as a compromise between the Regalian position and the Mirnoye demands, however the Mirnoye turned out unwilling to commit to a compromise. The same demands were showcased once more, though this time the demands for gold were curiously missing:

“Remove all military presence from the eastern shores of Nordskag and Hvitskag and war will be avoided. If this demand is not met by the end of the week, we will invade.”

The ball was now in the court of State Minister once more to commit to these demands, or declare war.

The Finance Minister of Regalia, Sigurna Wodenstaff, also acted in her own authority to rebalance the financial sheets of the Empire. Her first act was to strip 500 bales of gold from both the Missionary Funding and the Sancella funding, while also taking 100 bales of gold away from the Admiralty, the Regalian Armed Forces High Command, and increased tariffs in the North by 100 bales of gold. This meant that she had produced a 200 bales of gold surplus on the budget (versus a 1000 deficit due to recent military maneuvers), but the people weren’t entirely quiet about the changes, or the potential motivation behind them. Normally speaking, nobody would have batted an eye about financial reductions of state social welfare. After all, the Sancella receives large quantities of finances from the state, as this drop was only a 10% decrease in church funding, but the timing of it was most peculiar. Given the recent changes in laws, in that the Hoherichter had to review all Government decrees, priests speculated that the Hoherichter directly consented to this financial stripping. Furthermore, because of the recent opposition of the Supreme reverend, and the fact that over 80% of the expense cuts were taken from the Sanchella of Union, numerous priests further speculated that these were the first opening salvos of a cold war between the Cloth and the Government over the moral high ground. In essence, they viewed the funding cuts as a punishment issued by the Hoherichter over the Supreme Reverend’s challenging morality against his recent law changes. This in turn reduced the Finance Minister to nothing more than a puppet in their eyes. Regardless of how the priests felt about the situation, and what they could or could not do about the matter, it was certain that the finance cuts did have physical effects in Regalia. Of the fifteen major almshouses, two started struggling financially to keep up with the costs of food. Instead of choosing to make all Almshouses suffer equally, the Sancella Finance directors simply chose to shut down two Almshouses to maintain optimal functioning for the others, causing a large deposit of homeless people on the street in the Merchant District.

Obviously the Merchants were not all too pleased with vagrants and beggars on their streets, but the majority spent more thought on the Fleet Customs that were lifted as soon as Inspector Admiral Nathaniel Bigge returned the ships from where they came and permitted trade vessels free entry to the harbors once more. Trade flowed as it had before, though obviously also the black market could profit once more of loosened import controls.

Furthermore, signed and agreed upon by the Ostmark and Kaisermark Lieutenant-Generals, the Kaperflotten fleet started aggressively pursuing both Songaskian and Ch’ien-ji naval vessels. Most of the seizure involved attacking smaller Chi junks carrying porcelain, but numerous notable magical scriptures were also captured and summarily destroyed. Most of the wares captured in privateering were not of any intrinsic resale value, so the piracy did not lead to any notable increase in finances for the State. That being said, Silverwind enjoyed a great population boom since the Pirates now started actively using said haven again, safely behind the fleet wall of the Imperial Fleet and enjoying no real legal affiliation with the Regalian Empire.

Finally, some sort of communication flowed from the Emperor to Regalia in response to Montagaard’s law changes, though it was perhaps not what people had hoped for. The message was short and concise:

“House Birkwood makes some fantastic claims about the Judiciary having full executive control over the Military of the Empire. It sounds stupid, but I want it investigated. Inform the Logistic Minister Johann Wodenstaff to investigate how much executive control the Hoherichter has over the army, and to return a report to my whereabouts with his findings.”

The Emperor also sent another letter to inform the State Organs of a new Decree by Divine Assent from the Emperor’s writing desk:

“Numerous nobles and non-nobles have sought to join my side in the coming conflicts. I intend not to take on just anyone, I want only the best of the best, and I intend to submit any who deem themselves capable enough to share in my retinue to the harshest of judgements. I decree by Divine Assent the creation of the Rosewood Order, named after a tree I once fondly sat under near Caelorburgh in my younger years. The Rosewood Order shall function as the Emperor’s right gauntlet, to strike a sword where the Emperor cannot, and to defend the interests of the Crown both from inside and outside the Empire. I decree that this Rosewood Order shall bear law immunity to all but Imperial Laws and that obsctructing them from completing their mission is heresy, when actively on a mission, and when not on duty, they shall receive the right of open bearing of armor and weapons.

Any that wish to join the Rosewood Order shall be measured by Duke Reginald

V Kade-Schwarz, the Commander of the Imperial Guard, on all the great principles of combat finesse and discipline, to be tested at the Imperial Palace. By admission of Reginald V only those worthy of my evaluation will be admitted into the Rosewood Order, which may only contain members that hold no Government office beyond that of Consul Reichsrat. This order shall both be used as my personal retinue in battle both domestically and in foreign lands, though also receive direct orders from the Crown for missions anywhere around the world.

Reginald V will function as the contact liaison in Regalia and will deal with the paperwork and instructions while I remain in Nordskag.”

And with that last bit mentioned, the news ran dry again for a while.

((OOC note: Rosewood Order thread will be up soon))

• Winner Winner x 16
    #1 MonMarty, May 3, 2017
    Last edited: May 3, 2017
  2. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

The Delacroix was on the far side of the city, overseeing renovations to his newly acquired structure, when the recent news had reached him. He would proceed into his personal chamber, locking the door behind him. Upon entry, the Delacroix would fall into a fit of uncontrollable laughter. "She really did it did she? She actually attacked the church!? I underestimated the boldness of the Wodenstaff. How wrong was I to doubt her. Perhaps I'll be keeping a watchful eye on this one, correct Nicolas?" The jar in the corner looked on, unresponsive. "I agree my old friend, such excitement finally making its way to the home front." With that note, the Delacroix unlocks his door and returns to the renovation project.

3. ASickRat

ASickRat Bane of Europe

Rosewood Order, hmm. Might take myself a Look. ~ Clinton Parlow.

4. Stygial

Stygial A Crippled Musician with pointy ears.

When Elysial arrived back in Regalia after another trip to explore, map, and learn, he heard the news of the Rosewood Order. Hmm, he thought, I wonder what the requirements are? Maybe I'll try to join...