Rosalina Howlester

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by JennaLikesCoffee, Sep 9, 2017.

1. JennaLikesCoffee

JennaLikesCoffee Refugee

[​IMG]
    ┏━━━━━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━━━━━┓

Theme I | Theme II | Theme III
    "If flowers can teach themselves how to bloom after winter passes,
    so can you."
    Art can be found here.

┗━━━━━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━━━━━┛

[​IMG]

╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲

[​IMG]

╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱

[​IMG]
    Full Name: Rosalina Dayluue Howlester; formally known as Coen.
    Common Nicknames: Rose, Rosa, Rosy; called Petal by her father.
    Race: Ailor.

Culture: Ceardian.
    Main Ambition: To bring honour to her family name and pursue in the Regalian Court.

Religion: Unionism.

[​IMG]

╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲

[​IMG]

╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱

[​IMG]

Proficiency Points

• +28 Proficiency points;
      • +10 Thin Blades, (+10 from proficiency points).
      • +14 Diplomacy, (+10 from the School of Statesman, +4 from proficiency points).
      • +14 Judicial, (+10 from the School of Statesman, +4 from proficiency points).
      • +10 Commerce, (+10 from the School of Statesman).
    Culture Points
    • +28 Culture points;
      • +14 Drawing, (+14 from culture points).
      • +14 Dancing, (+14 from culture points).
    Languages
    • Common (10/10).

• Rosalina currently lives in Regalia with some of her fellow kin who share the Howlester name. The majority of the family ventured to the Holy City during Rosalina's adulthood bringing.
    • This Ceardian woman was born in Galloway, Gallovia, located in South Regalia, to William and Grace Howlester. Presently, Rosalina has nine half-siblings who all come to share her fathers blood; she is only close with a handpicked few.
    • When it comes to secondary ambitions, Rosalina aims and seeks to acquire a loving spouse and children of her own in the future. She would also like to one day attend a proper military school, though this certain goal and ambition are extremely unlikely to happen for Rosalina, due to her father's opinions and ideas regarding the matter.

[​IMG]

╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲

[​IMG]

╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱

[​IMG]

Eye Colour: Powder blue.
    Hair Colour: Burnt umber.
    Hair Style: Long and curly.
    Skin Colour: Fair - Slightly tanned.
    Clothing: Imperial ensembles consisting mostly of House Howlester colours.
    Height: 5’4.
    Body Build: Average.
    Weapon of Choice: Thin Blade.

• The young Howlester comes to have round doll eyes, not too far off average lips, a button nose, what could be considered as a normal sized forehead, and last but not least, small and dainty looking ears. Rosalina tends to carry a rather neutral expression, though the young woman almost always looks like she's smiling in some way, appearing to be generally happy and approachable in appearance.
    • Body wise, Rosalina oftentimes will always find some sort of bruise or scratch everytime she wakes up in the morning. The young Howlester always seems to be playfully rough-housing, whether it be in the courtyard with her sword, or on the couch with her tremendously fat cat, hence where the scratches might have come from. This of course only applies if Rosalina wasn't just portraying her clumsy self and ended up falling out of a bar stool after drinking a little too much wine.
    • When it comes to the young Gallovian woman's fashion sense, she more or less prefers to stick to what she knows, usually remaining in her house colours: purple, black, and gold. Rosalina will oftentimes be seen in training garb that she tends to wear when practising and familiarizing herself with fencing, an elegant though casual dress, or anything really her spunky personality fits best. The young woman is obsessed with layering.

[​IMG]

╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲

[​IMG]

╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱

[​IMG]
    When it comes to others, Rosalina is often perceived as a young woman who is rather humorous, kind-hearted, ambitious, and oftentimes charming. Strangers will most likely come to hear admirable things about the young Howlester in their travels; she goes to great lengths to showcase her benevolent and cordial side when it comes to making an appearance for herself. When first meeting Rosalina, some may think she is a rather odd girl, unkept even. However, those that do meet her will most likely grow to love her, even if the young Gallovian woman is a tad bit different from the rest of the peerage.

Underneath her fragile skin, Rosalina considers herself to be an adequately blissful being; almost always content. Her confidence comes to fall under her political education and her skill set involving the art of fencing, whilst her fears and worries come to revolve around what others come to think of her; Rosalina is very self-conscious in that manner, most likely due to growing up alongside an imperial family and the stress put on her at such a young age to say and do all the right things so that her family would come to rise to success.

When it comes to family, Rosalina will often make an effort to express her more dignified self, especially when it comes to the manner-hood towards her father, William Howlester. Similarly, she will come to act more pristine around her fellow Howlester’s; she is much more concerned about how her family feels about her than she is with others who reside in the city, most likely due to her not wanting to let any of them down, as mentioned in the paragraph above. When it comes to friends, Rosalina tends to be much more free-spirited in her actions and words. She tends not to worry about acting so prestigious as she would with certain family members and/or strangers. Rosalina's overall stress tends to dramatically decrease when she finds herself in the presence of someone she comes to call a friend.

Morality wise, Rosalina’s no doubt lies in the good. She will oftentimes follow her heart when it comes to certain situations and decisions brought to her attention, though at the same time this somewhat contradicts her efforts to bring honour to the Howlester name, as she will sometimes tend to fall behind the family with her heart-based decisions; the young woman not thinking too much with her brain and oftentimes letting her emotions get the best of her.

[​IMG]

╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲

[​IMG]

╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱

[​IMG]

Youth | 278 AC - 290 AC
    • In 278 AC, Rosalina Dayluue was born to Grace and William Howlester, a Ceardian couple who lived in Galloway. Unfortunately, due to certain complications, Grace passed away during childbirth, leaving her husband to care for their newly born daughter.
    • The young blue-blood was named Rosalina, as she came to remind her father of a beautiful and capable rose; a rose with thorns.
    • At the age of twelve, Rosalina was given the opportunity to be mentored and trained by her father in the art of fencing. The Howlester was inspired by the form of combat after watching a dual take place within the capital, because of this, her father thought having her learn such a skill would be a memorable birthday present.
    Teen Years | 291 AC - 279 AC
    • During this time in Rosalina’s life, she was rather shielded from the outside world and kept herself locked away inside of her family’s estate. The young Howlester stuck to her law and political studies, the two subjects always seemed to interest her; she continued her fencing on the side and eventually developed a worthy skill set.
    • At the age of fourteen, the young Gallovian woman decided to enrol in the School of Statesman. Rosalina spent a total of five years attending the school.
    Adulthood (Present) | 298 AC - 306 AC
    • Further down the line, Rosalina and her fellow kin took to the City of Regalia, making the Holy City their newly found home. The woman now making an effort to show her face throughout the city and offer charity to those in need.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Creative Creative x 1
    #1 JennaLikesCoffee, Sep 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  2. Valentinian

Valentinian Have a little faith.

3. Valentinian

Here's my review -
    • Personality and Abilities
      • I would distinguish how she acts between close friends and family, as I'm sure that wouldn't be the same.
    • Talents
      • Perhaps you should add a talent or two about her other skills that aren't fighting related. I feel as though the character could use a bit more depth.
    Mark these changes in red and tag me when you're done.

4. JennaLikesCoffee

JennaLikesCoffee Refugee

@Valentinian

Changes have been made, though I wish to keep her talents as is; it is not required on the template to have more than one talent listed. In the future as my character grows, I may add more, in which I will request a re-review.

5. Valentinian

It's all good. Approved.

6. JennaLikesCoffee

JennaLikesCoffee Refugee

Need a re-review! Made edits here and there in purple.

#6 JennaLikesCoffee, Dec 12, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  7. Percuriam

Percuriam The Storyteller

I will be taking over this review.
    Expect a response within 48 hours.

8. Percuriam

Let's get this goin'!
    @JennaLikesCoffee
    Whatcha Gotta Do: ( Required )
    • I am a bit wary about her being so young and knowing so many things. There is also a conflict with her knowledge of Rapier combat and her being in the school of medicine, as it is not permitted that a member of the school of medicine also learn a form of combat. I would recommend aging her up and deciding what talents are really important to this character.
    • You will need to add three sentences to the first Personality Paragraph. Discuss what people would think about her if they heard about her, and what first impressions are like.
    • Other edits will need to be made to the application as a whole, seeing as the Talents currently presented will need to be changed.

9. JennaLikesCoffee

JennaLikesCoffee Refugee

I don’t see why I would have to age her up, really. I have followed the age guidelines on the wiki when it comes to schools and what she has acquired in knowledge. Just because it may be unlikely for her to know so much at this time, doesn’t mean it would be impossible, plus everything has been properly added up and accounted for without issue.

As for the possible complication regarding her rapier combat and medical knowledge talents, again, I’m going to not have to exactly agree upon that as Rosalina hasn’t attended a proper military school in itself, which to my knowledge, was really what the rule applied to in terms of combat and medicine. Rapier combat is another fancy way of saying fencing, really, it is a rather refined sport, and it would be extremely unlikely for Rosalina to injure herself when practising it.

Lastly, I’m happy to add some more sentences to the first paragraph as I agree it could use some more detail, though @Valentinian seemed to be fine with it at the time of his review and he actually requested that more talents be added.

#9 JennaLikesCoffee, Dec 21, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  10. Percuriam

I recognize that it is possible, but generally it is recommended to avoid packing in as many talents as you can into the smallest amount of time that you can. I would say either lower the talents she currently has to a lower level or remove one of them.

After consultation my decision is that if it's Dressolini fencing you will need to mention that, as just putting "rapier combat" is not going to be upheld without a particular discipline. Fencing as a sport has no combat benefits, as it thoughts very linearly. If it isn't Dressolini fencing, at your current level your character would be required to take an Oath of doing no harm. You will need to either state that she has given this up, that it's just fencing for sport, or remove medicine entirely. Furthermore you will need to state that she isn't that capable of a fencer if you choose to keep it alongside High Law and medicine. Going into medicine you will need to give up anything combat oriented, but knowing fencing for sport is fine.

I am going to ask that you do this. The point of a re-review is to re-assess the application and try and catch anything that was missed the first time around.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. JennaLikesCoffee

JennaLikesCoffee Refugee

Sounds good. When I get the chance, I will remove her knowledge of medicine from her talents and void it completely. As a whole, it hasn’t made a notable impact on my character and I would much rather keep her profession in rapier combat. I will also make the other necessary edits you requested.

12. Percuriam

Sounds good to me. Make sure to tag me when you're done.

13. JennaLikesCoffee

JennaLikesCoffee Refugee

14. Percuriam

@JennaLikesCoffee
    • Final edit should be classifying the combat type she uses. Graduates of the School of Law can never be above Novice level, and I need you to either classify her rapier combat under a combat school ( bastardized forms are fine as long as they at least remotely resemble the original ) or state that it is merely fencing, and has no practical combat application.
    Other than that it looks fantastic.

15. JennaLikesCoffee

JennaLikesCoffee Refugee

• Like Like x 1
  16. Percuriam

Approved!

Merry Christmas!

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. JennaLikesCoffee

JennaLikesCoffee Refugee

@Percuriam

I've edited my character application to fit the new proficiency system. Edits have been made in purple! Requesting a re-review!

18. Percuriam

Looks good. Re-Approved.