Archived Rolling For Better Roleplay

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MTGWhiteWizard

The Pugtato
Reaction score
Now you know how your in a roleplay fight and to prevent your character from dieing, you just go "Stevie parries" or "Stevie evades". Well this simple little plugin will make unfair roleplay fights MUCH MUCH more fair. So what this is is that it is a plugin that works by when you type in the command /roll (number 1-10000), it picks a number randomly from 0 to the number you typed on the command. So if I were fighting and I was not good and dagger fights, my rolling would probably be 1-60. But if I was super good at fist fights, then I could do a roll from 1-15. This chooses randomly so it makes it super fair. Also in ooc before the fight, you can tell them your weaknesses and advantages. This also works for drinking games(chance to see if you pass out or not), gambling(dice) and much much more. This will make roleplaying much more fair. Admins, I sadly dont have a link, but if you could make this mod(which would probably be SUPER easy), then that would make massivecraft much better.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This one is a actual plugin. I have seen/used it on several other servers

Dicing goes against our perhaps naive, but better belief that players can resolve roleplay such as roleplay combat in a logical and fair manner when comparing their abilities and characters.

I think that this would really help. One time a ((approved app)) noble left a battle cause my character was dodging to much. If I had that, it would make it better

I disagree with this because much like how people RP fight now. People just don't understand the limitations of their character so how can you suspect people to judge their /roll number?

๖ۣۜI honestly feel having a dice command for that is lazy. Don't get me wrong, it can be used for more than RP matters if you think about it, but if you aren't good at using something, shouldn't you just act that way?
Richard the Moronic *One of my characters* is quite as his name implies, moronic. If he were to happen to pick up a bow, I always have it he snaps the string or he strains his arm doing so. Sometimes, even to the extent of holding a staff the wrong way. You just need to incorporate what you think should happen, but keep in mind that though it might not be seen, sometimes people will do a form of God-RP whilst using it.
Examples=
dodges
dodges
dodges
makes cool attack even though he is supposed to be an idiot at it, misses
dodges
dodges

All too often I see this happen. Just think of the most basic or common mistakes used for the item your character is not used to, and have them use that mistake often. If you are fighting someone who is a master at it, you really have to let them at least hit you once. They are going to be a hell of a lot faster, stronger, and better than you at it. You suck at a weapon, then you suddenly become so good at avoiding it and using it? I think not. Also, I think the admins and all have a full plate with people just throwing more and more pepper to it with the ideas, when players themselves could do it. If you really need dice, go grab one from a board-game you have at home and roll it every time you get into combat.

I think that this would really help. One time a ((approved app)) noble left a battle cause my character was dodging to much. If I had that, it would make it better

If you feel you were dodging too much...ever considered, I dont know, not dodging so much?

Dice? I'm sorry but after playing the game Risk, I'm not much of a fan of dice games anymore. And adding it to Massivecraft wouldn't be the best idea. If you are good at something, but you still roll worse than your opponent wouldn't you be so mad? Playing Risk I attacked Iceland with 40 troops, and the person defending had 1 bloody guy on there. Of course I stopped the attack after he had killed 36 of my troops. The fact that it's you want fighting based on luck, instead of skill or strategy, does not make me want this at implemented at all. Sorry. However this could be useful in other ways i'm sure.

Right but you could just make the dice have more sides though six is plenty so if you had proficiency in nimbleness you could dodge with anything higher then a 1 as opposed to a stout dwarf that would have to have a 6 to doge ect...
I just don't want to have to do anything negative like give money ore dye or loose a faction member just because the other guy wants to win more than me, a dice is just simpler and I have a feeling that some more hard core RP players do not want the dice involved because they know that if it was everyone would use it or refuse to roleplay whit them otherwise.

And I heard someone say just role a dice and say what you rolled but that would be no different than the current fake fate the game has now because I could lie about my roles when its important and no one could prove otherwise.
I think I speak for many when I say I am not "RP" fighting like children who just spout attack names and dog this and that untill the fight is resolved by sheer willpower.
I think every RP system uses dice of sorts (dungeon and dragons, vampire larp (rock, papper, sisors) ect...)
but if I have to role a dice at my desk to count my wins then I will but the other guy will all ways wonder if I am cheating and vice versa because you don't know half the people you RP with.

I think that it would take away the flavor and spices of roleplay and ultimately the freedom of roleplay since you build the character, you would want to pick how you get out of a situation rather than a command telling you what or what not to do. In the real world there isn't a greater being rolling a dice and picking you up to move to the inevitable spot that awaits, you choose your goals and ambitions and I am sure your RP character would want to do the same, but you take on the role of it, and you do what you would like to do with the character. We'd be mere puppets if it wasn't for willpower.

Um. Why don't you just, y'know, have a fair RP fight where both opponents, realistically, take hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.