Played Character Reynard Benac

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by FolkFume, Feb 1, 2021.

1. FolkFume

FolkFume

Character Information
    • Full Name: Reynard Benac
    • Race: Half-Fin'ullen Half Ailor (Fin'ullen Dominant)
    • Culture: Regal
    • Eye Color: Blue
    Core Concept
    • Reynard is a Veteran Soldier of many ancient conflicts and masters, hailing from the small towns of Anglia. But most of all, an Everyman who now puts his personal view of good and people above the ideals of State, Law, and Religion.
    Proficiencies
    • Strength: 7
      • Careful Fighter Pack (Free)
      • Technique Parry Pack
      • Steady Body Pack
      • Shrug Off Pack
      • Building Scale Pack
      • Combat Sight Pack
      • Diving Tackle Pack
      • Force Toss Pack
    • Constitution: 7
      • Shield Block Pack
      • Shield Cover Pack (Free)
      • Rage Counter Pack
      • Shield Wall Pack
      • Shield Slam Pack
      • Shield Deflect Pack
      • Shield Bunker Pack
      • Rebound Pack
      • Familiar Disrupt Pack (Free Heritage)
    • Intelligence: 0
    • Wisdom: 0
      • Chem Hyperfocus Pack (Free Heritage)
    • Dexterity: 0
    • Faith: 0
    • Magic: 0
    Hobbies
    Alchemy
    Athletic
    Medical

Abilities

• Ailor Mechanic 1
    • Fin'ullen Mechanic 2
    • Fin'ullen Mechnaic 3
    • Fin'ullen Mechanic 4
    • Fin'ullen Mechnaic 5
    Languages
    Common (Free)
    Anglisch (Native)
    Altalar (Mother's Teaching)

Appearance Information
    • Reynard is a mundane Half-Fin'ullen.
    • Reynard appears as an early to middle-aged Fin'ullen with fair skin, black hair, and dark blue eyes. He appears rather muscular all across his body in a uniform fashion while also standing tall at a height of 6’6”. He often favors clothing that offers a large, thick overgarment such as a jacket or long coat and something comfortable and flexible beneath. The aforementioned styles is occasionally accented with pieces of brass or silvery jewelry, most notable of all being a circular mold right around the ear-tips where they had been clipped (Reynard's ears used to be pointed like an elf's).
    Life Story
    • Childhood: Reynard was born on August 24th, 50 BC, in northern Anglian, in the ancient frontier village of Brookwheel, as a half-elf. As his Ailor father, Gottfried Benac, and Fin'ullen mother, Amaley Ooyan, both found a strong and lasting union with each other. Reynard was the very first of what would be seven children, receiving the most coddling of all his siblings, as his parents were eager to impart all their attention onto their firstborn.
    • Adolescence: From the earliest ages Reynard was tutored by either parent heavily in their own walk of life and wishes. As a ranger by trade, Gottfried brought him along on hunts and trails and to natural sites in the wild. Amaley, a Fin'ullen through and through, embellished him with stories of war, the love of the sea, and pushed him towards martial fields.
    • Early Adulthood: Having spent much of his time beneath his parents' wings it was time to spread his own. He bid his parents well and traveled out. Along his ways he was swept into, unexpectedly, the immortal war.
    • The Immortal War: Like many of the foot soldiers of the Dragons', Reynard rallied beneath the command of a Dragon Knight in order to fight on equal footing with the forces of other worlds, but this conflict wasn't as immortal as it seemed. After around 20 years of service an event that came to be known as the Denial of Immortality occurred which saw the Dragons disappear from Aloria. Like most of the Draconic forces, Reynard splintered into the world after the loss of his leaders, returning to his home of Anglia where chose to remain for some time.
    • Advanced Years: In the era after the Immortal War, Reynard saw the rise of the Regalian Empire spiralling into the world around him. Seeing this as a new source of purpose, Reynard position himself as a ally to this new Empire.
      Many events transpired in the 300 or so years that passed. He's aided in the rescue effort of Ceardia, served in the war on Chrysant, and been stupefied by the Viridian's and their coup.
      The most pivotal of these events perhaps was the Anglian Mist crisis, which saw him setting sail to Regalia in a journey for answers.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #1 FolkFume, Feb 1, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2024
  2. Azas

Azas lofi sihai

I'll be reviewing this application. Expect an update shortly.

3. Azas

Azas lofi sihai

@FolkFume Here's my review:
    • He probably doesn't need to carry so many weapons. No edit needed here, just my opinion.
    • Your initial 50 points are from age, these can be spent in any category not just core. No edit needed on the points spent unless you want to, just a clarification.
    • With 12 points invested in Ritualism, you can additionally choose 4 Ritualist Aesthetics if you want
    • Brannon must have at least Built body fat and at least Muscular body shape
    • Your halfbeast shift cannot have orange eyes, halfbeast shifts always have eyes that are "bright silver with a light blue glow". The rest of the description is fine but remember that his face must still be recognizable with those changes in halfbeast.
    • For the life story, it's fine if he worked in churches but joining the clergy would be a much bigger commitment, so I would change the wording to just say he helped out with certain things.
    • If he's fifty now, the destruction of Ceardia would've happened when he was 10 or 11, so you'd likely want to pick a different event or increase his age.
    Please make these edits and tag me once complete!

4. FolkFume

FolkFume

Wow! That's actually all really helpful information, thank you! You got it, fixing it up right now! I'll highlight all of the changes I make in Violet.

5. FolkFume

FolkFume

@Azas:
    There we are. I think I got everything as requested? Oh! A little explanation for the "some time after that" part. The idea for Reynard wasn't that he went out to Ceardian on boats or the like to help the people there. It was rather that years later, as refuges from Ceardia (and other places of course) began to arrive to Regalia, Reynard offered his help. It's good you mentioned that though because I wouldn't have caught that I didn't even hint that was my intent.

#5 FolkFume, Feb 1, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
  6. Azas

Azas lofi sihai

Approved!

7. FolkFume

FolkFume

@Azas:
    I made some changes in accordance to the Ritualism Rework. Removed Ritualism Proficiency, removed Conning Rogue Proficiency (found that everyone seemed to have 10 perception and wasn't getting what I wanted out of the proficiency), increased Stealth to 10 (having a lot of fun skulking!), added +2 Burglary and +10 to swords. All changes have been highlighted in Violet.

• Like Like x 1
  8. FolkFume

FolkFume

@Azas:
    With the new metallurgy rework I've made a few changes to Reynard and been made aware of clockwork. So I decided to give him a few changes. Removed Burglary, increased Shielding to 20, turned swords to 2 and of course, added Clockwork +3 Metallurgy while also adding in a small bit about where Rey learned his Clockwork and added a set of clockwork to the inventory to try it out! And a few others. All changes have been highlighted in Violet. Have a good one.

#8 FolkFume, Mar 24, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
  9. FolkFume

FolkFume

@Azas
    I made some changes to Reynard (see above). Just @ing you again to remind you.

10. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

Hello @FolkFume I'm going to be taking over as your reviewer. I'll have a review for you later today.

11. FolkFume

FolkFume

Alrighty, sounds good too me.

12. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

Alright @FolkFume this is my review for you.

The only things there is a discrepancy in is for ability balancing, that having maxed out ranged combat, shielding, and werebeastism on top of all clockwork pieces. So to balance out the character from being what is referred to as 'ability stacked' I'm going to ask you to remove three tier levels between your Ranged Proficiency and your Shielding Proficiency. This can be removing three tiers from one Proficiency or two from one and one from the other. However you want to reduce tier levels I leave to you. I consider this to be a fair adjustment and allow you to still have a lot of ability potential for the character, more than most even.

Once you complete this change by moving your points to any other proficiency go ahead and tag me when completed.

13. FolkFume

FolkFume

There we are @Wumpatron !
    I've went ahead and dropped shielding by 10 back on down to 10, removing the 20, 16, and 12 point abilities, and invested those left back into swords. All new changes have been highlighted in Violet.

14. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

15. FolkFume

FolkFume

@Wumpatron
    I went ahead and gave Reynard a bit of an overhaul. Removed Shielding entirely, lowered Swords to +9, added Medical Science +10, Curing Knowledge, and Ward Knowledge. Changed his Lineage to Akkadian. And Revamped his backstory a bit. I'm actually really happy with all these changes as I think this is a far more true version of Reynard. All changes in highlighted in Violet. Details and reasons down below if you want:

By making him have worked a family clinic gives even more reason for why he cares so deeply about Regalia, and since he lived in the western parts that means the clinic he ran was an Old Town Clinic (simply a clinic in Old Town) and he'd essentially means he'd have a front row seat to all the misery that the poverty would have done to the place, furthering his motivation to trek out into the world for a solution. I also think that it makes far more sense that Reynard would seek out Curing Knowledge on his trek since probably the best way to deal with the Vampire and Werebeast problem is by curing (not to mention that if he didn't know how to do so while running the clinic, he'd be unable to help when the need for curing arises, furthering his motivation)! Lastly I feel like Akkadian Lineage fits with Reynard a whole lot more well than Brannon and he's always been a bit of a man of knowledge, not to mention he basically did what his Akkadian ancestors did on his trek. Traveling the land as a nomad in search of knowledge...whatever the reason.
    And sorry for the long post, I'm just excited.

16. FolkFume

FolkFume

17. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

@FolkFume I'm fine with the changes, though anything drastic like this in the future will be rejected since you've switched the main function of the character, which I'm okay with, we all change our minds at some point, but you won't be able to change things to this degree moving forward.

Approved

18. FolkFume

FolkFume

@Wumpatron
    Made changes in accordance with the new update. Lowered Alchemy by 5, got Rogue Gift 5 to keep my sneaky stuff and spent the left over 2 points into swords. And a few minor changes here and there such as physical stat. All changes highlighted in Violet.

19. FolkFume

FolkFume

20. FolkFume

FolkFume

Gonna bump this thread for...reasons.

21. Carlit0o

Carlit0o Partnered Streamer Pog

22. Carlit0o

23. FolkFume

FolkFume

@Carlit0o

Reynard has gone and had himself cured, as such his soulline is inactive. In light of this I've also changed his Ailor Lineage to Woaden, rearranging points as necessary. All changes have been highlighted in Violet. And sorry for all the Lineage changes. I still consider myself relatively new to Massive and wasn't even aware of Woaden and I think it might be an even better fit for Reynard than Akkadian.

24. Carlit0o

Nothing to worry about my dude, you're all good.

25. FolkFume

FolkFume

@Carlit0o

I have removed 5 hobby points from hunting for use in learning skills through rp!

26. Carlit0o

Alrighty!

27. FolkFume

FolkFume

@Carlit0o

I've went ahead and lowered Reynard's age down to 35. I've been playing him for a while now and the way I play and visualize him acting really didn't fall in line with his age. I've also been looking more in depth into what I actually visualize Reynard looking and acting like in lead up to a skin commission and I think that 35 fits what I think of him much more smoothly. All changes highlighted in Violet have a good one!

28. FolkFume

FolkFume

29. Carlit0o

30. Carlit0o

31. FolkFume

FolkFume

@Carlit0o
    Due to the new clockwork update lowered swords by three and purchased Clockwork Biotics with the points! All changes highlighted in Violet have a good one!

32. Carlit0o

approved!

33. FolkFume

FolkFume

@Carlit0o

Switched Rogue Gift 5 to Rogue Gift 4, highlighted in Violet have a good one!

34. Carlit0o

35. FolkFume

FolkFume

@Carlit0o

Added on 5 dancing art due to a large amount IC learning and tutoring Reynard has received. It's time to get jiggy with it. All changes highlighted in Violet

36. Carlit0o

Approved! Get jiggy with it

37. FolkFume

FolkFume

@Carlit0o

Reynard has been newly infected with the Alias bloodline. All changes highlighted in Violet.

38. Carlit0o

Neat, I think it looks fine. Approved!

39. FolkFume

FolkFume

@Carlit0o

I've been playing around with Rogue gift 4 for a while and just don't find it to be my liking, I've decided to remove it and move those points into swords. All changes highlighted in Violet

40. Carlit0o

Understandable, approved.