Archived Replacing The Symbols

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macroreptilia

professional at living
Reaction score
The symbols don't really match minecraft font of any texture pack, and don't really look too nice. I love the rest though, it's really nice.
Member: Could be -, or nothing at all
Prem: Could be +, because it's adding more to your game
Staff: *, similar to the sun it's at now

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
The symbols don't really match minecraft font of any texture pack, and don't really look too nice. I love the rest though, it's really nice.
Its fine how it is. If we are this picky about every update then no improvements will ever be made. It'll be best to get used to it for a little bit, then see if it is really necessary that we change it.

Which symbols?
We don't use symbols. We use name colours.
These symbols are the same as factions symbols. Therefore it could create confusion.
Did they add symbols to the chat, the 60 minutes I was gone. I didn't think about that possibility. Sorry.
EDIT: Why does this deserve an please read the subject again rating?
This was written like 30 minutes after that was added, i was just confused. It is easy for you now to say "Everyone knows we use symbols" did everyone do that yesterday when i posted this? And yes i have seen the symbols now.

Last edited:
Which symbols?
These symbols are the same as factions symbols. Therefore it could create confusion.
Did they add symbols to the chat, the 60 minutes I was gone. I didn't think about the possibility. Sorry.
HA, get online. They added symbols.

Eh, let the new symbols sink in for a week or two before making complains :)

Which symbols?
Did they add symbols to the chat, the 60 minutes I was gone. I didn't think about the possibility. Sorry.
How did that deserve an please read the subject again. I was just confused.
@Grailen
@Jack The Unseen

Last edited:
How did that deserve an please read the subject again. I was just confused.
@Grailen
@Jack The Unseen
It deserved a readmore rating because we do use Symbols.
Quite literally.
Go check on the server.
[Edit]
@Madus
In response to -
I know, i have been on the server. I justs didn't know when i posted yesterday.
I also wrote that it could be a possibility.
Besides that i wrote something useful. The suggested symbols could cause confusion, because it is the same used to factions.
That doesn't mean you can rate me Read More mate.
Just because you didn't change your error.
"I justs didn't know when I posted yesterday"
So? What am I to read more to know that? You didn't say that in the original post, or in an edit.

Last edited:
It deserved a readmore rating because we do use Symbols.
Quite literally.
Go check on the server.
Besides that i wrote something useful. The suggested symbols could cause confusion, because it is the same used to factions.

Maybe it'd come after the name.

You may want to atleast wait a few days to get used to them before you immediately make a post wanting change on what has only been on the server for a few hours. Give it a chance; I'm sure you'll come to understand and like the concept of it if you try. The original idea included a very long title as opposed to these simple, small symbols, making them more convinient than you realize.

I have to add that I'm entirely against the idea of a '-' symbol before a non-premium's name. Just because they haven't donated doesn't make them any less relevant, and it doesn't mean they should have a negative symbol before their name.

The new symbols, I feel, are really nice. The heart, star and sun are really adorable-looking, and I honestly feel that they look really friendly and generally add a more personal and connected appearence to the server as a community. The same goes for that all staff have cyan names now. Instead of the coloured seperation of ranking and groups, instead of actually recognising them so seperately, I adore the fact that they're almost all a team, all connected, and far less seperated.

The reason I'm noting the coloured ranking aswell, is because I feel that both of these new ideas that have been implemented on the server are connecting both players and staff far more, adding a far more friendly and personal vibe and bringing the server far more together as a whole, and personally I love that.

I find them easily ignorable. They just sort of disappear after a while.
Do these symbols exist because favourites dye someone's name a different color? So one may be able to differentiate on their favourites list who's a premium and who's a staff member?
Just a thought... Why do favourites have a heart next to their name when they have a different colored name that tells you that they're a favourite? It's somewhat redundant, me thinks.

You may want to atleast wait a few days to get used to them before you immediately make a post wanting change on what has only been on the server for a few hours. Give it a chance; I'm sure you'll come to understand and like the concept of it if you try. The original idea included a very long title as opposed to these simple, small symbols, making them more convinient than you realize.

I have to add that I'm entirely against the idea of a '-' symbol before a non-premium's name. Just because they haven't donated doesn't make them any less relevant, and it doesn't mean they should have a negative symbol before their name.

The new symbols, I feel, are really nice. The heart, star and sun are really adorable-looking, and I honestly feel that they look really friendly and generally add a more personal and connected appearence to the server as a community. The same goes for that all staff have cyan names now. Instead of the coloured seperation of ranking and groups, instead of actually recognising them so seperately, I adore the fact that they're almost all a team, all connected, and far less seperated.

The reason I'm noting the coloured ranking aswell, is because I feel that both of these new ideas that have been implemented on the server are connecting both players and staff far more, adding a far more friendly and personal vibe and bringing the server far more together as a whole, and personally I love that.
Yes, I totally get what everyone's saying. I've gotten completely used to them, and they're actually quite nice. I shouldn't have jumped when I first saw them. Sorry everyone. @Staff Please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.