Played Character Rennyn Caranis

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by Kingdom56, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Kingdom56

Kingdom56 Only if being a meme-dealer was a real profession.

Basic Information
    ⦁ Full Name: Rennyn Caranis
    (Rennyn Ravat Caraniirn Mor-Seld Raz-Parthanaar)
    ⦁ Race: Kathar (Beguiled Cult)
    ⦁ Age: 27
    ⦁ Gender: Male, He, Him
    ⦁ Eye Color: Dark Grey Sclera, Pitch black iris

Core Concept
    ⦁ Religion: Rennyn highly believes in the ideology of the Anarchy Arken, the Supreme God of Power Odell, and Gahn. He follows their teachings as a guideline of acquiring power and control over the world around him with knowledge and execution, while also trying to grant others the chaotic freedom he seeks and has come to know.

⦁Identity: Fundamentally, Rennyn is a seasoned warrior and a highly trained theurgist, who uses their physical abilities and demonic magics to acquire knowledge from other people through acts of loyalty or their own efforts, exploring every avenue available to him through the help of others to get what he wants, which is knowledge and his personal perception of freedom/liberation.

Proficiency Information
    Combat Style: Holy Spellblade
    • Strength: 0
    • Constitution: 0
    • Wisdom: 2
      • Chem Mend
      • Technique Parry
    • Dexterity: 0
    • Intelligence: 0
      • Wardrobe Pack (Free, Invaded Spirit)
    • Magic: 7
      • Magic Snare
      • Magic Smog
      • Magic Cleanse
      • Magic Disengage
      • Magic Isolate
      • Magic Resist
      • Magic Counter
      • Magic Warp (Free, Invaded Spirit, Forced Sinistral)
    • Faith: 5
      • Hex Apocalypse
      • Hex Bloodlet
      • Hex Madness
      • Sacred Burn
      • Sacred Portent

Abilities
    Vampirism Bremnevel Fledgling Vampire

Languages
    ⦁ Common (Learned from travels beyond the Dread empire, Free)
    ⦁ Pannarokh (First language, learned in the slums of Pärthanaär, Parent)
    Appearance Information
    ⦁ Abnormalities: Character always has crimson red hair at the bottom tips of their haircut, also possesses sharpened canines. Left ear has been maimed or clipped, losing the traditional knife ear edge. Has pitch black eyes. If a vampire, black eyes become filled with red stars that glow brightly.

⦁ Afflicted Form: Has the ability to transform into a leathery creature, with one glowing red eyefixed to it's head, and red outlines on it's wings and tail. This being has skin like leather, and resembles a Nightgaunt from H.P. Lovecraft's works.

⦁ Spirit Form (Mathis): Has the ability to allow his hosted demon to take control of his body and usher in a spirit form. The spirit takes Rennyn's coat, and transforms it into black pants, while assuming a reddish, purple skin color and entirely red eyes. It has black hair, and crimson horns like that of a ram, with tattoos around it's arms made of void-flame.

(EYES) Sight of the Voidseer: Rennyn's eye sockets are considerably darkened, gradually becoming blacker and blacker before almost fading into the darkness of his eyes. This gives them a sunken, or foreboding, and almost shallow appearance whether his eyes are shut or open.

(Tears & Blood) Possesses black tears, having the same viscosity as normal tears. Only difference is the shade. Regular blood

⦁ General Appearance: Has a ripped build, standing at a height of 6'3 and carrying a ruffled bed-head style of curly hair more often than not due to lack of care. Skin color is dark grey and they often go out in a grey trench-coat that covers them up from the neck down, below the coat there is an entire map of scars that line his body which he has earned over the years. As well as many tattoos that are commonly seen amongst Tharracologists.

Life Story
    • Rennyn was born into a family of Odel worshippers within Pärthanaär, son of Lucita Caraniirn and Ursarel Caraniirn
    • Rennyn spent his adolesence learning about magic and gaining street smarts within the Katharic capital city.
    • Once he came of age, Rennyn underwent the trials to become a worshipper within the Cabal and was trained personally by his parents before finally becoming a member.
    • Interested in Regalia and the odd arcane happenings that happened yearly, he left to discover more about the world and to serve his goddess Odel in her search for secrets.

• Childhood: Rennyn was born on October 30th, 275 AC, in the slums of Pärthanaär the son of Lucita Caraniirn and Ursarel Caraniirn, both devout worshippers of the supreme god of power, Odella. Serving as Odella's agents within the Cabal, the Kathar came from a recent lineage of scholars hungry for knowledge and the dark arts that wanted to make their claim in the world.
      [*]Rennyn's youth was certainly lively and filled with mischief as he grew up. Most of this being because of the fact the young Kathar's sorcery came early, so he loved to terrorize other children with pranks. This lead to a lot of fight or flight scenarios where more often than not the young Witch ran, while at the time he didn't realize it, this was decent training to improve his running speed and physique. Eventually, this lead to a path where Rennyn began to learn the arts of sorcery and the blade to follow in the footsteps of his family in the city. Rennyn gave into the wishes of his parents, having seen what happened to the children of other Odella followers who refused to follow the same path and knowing that to survive within the slums of Pärthanaär, you had to be strong and relentless.

[*]Given time and experience of working within the city, the Kathar quickly became a model Cabal agent, and fell in love with the work. Putting the teachings he had learned from his parents and the harrowing experiences he had learned in the slums to practice. Finally it was time for his transformation within the Cabal, having showed such promise he was quickly inducted within the order and he had finally became what his parents wanted, a true acolyte.
      [*]Eventually the Cabal, impressed with Rennyn's progress, and having gained experiences from traveling all over, sent him out to investigate the myriad of arcane happenings within Regalia. And Rennyn gladly accepted, taking the first boat out into the Holy City and to verify the truth of the rumors he had heard about spectacular magical occurences along with opponents and comrades he could find nowhere else.

• Powerful Powerful x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #1 Kingdom56, Feb 7, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2023
  2. studsonsc

studsonsc the only son.

Claiming as staff review!

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. studsonsc

studsonsc the only son.

My review:

Personality and Abilities
    • I'd like you to expand on the second paragraph to go into further depth about how Rennyn views himself. Does he have any fears or anxieties caused by the trauma mentioned in his life story? Other than his belief in his combat skills, does he believe in himself as a person or does he have doubts hidden away from prying eyes? I'd like to see two or three sentences added on to expand and flesh him out a bit more as a person with a healthy flaw or two!
    Life Story
    • You're over the word limit by 200 words, please condense this down to 800-900. If you'd like to, you can details of the life story in a spoiler.
    Make the changes in purple and tag me after you are finished! @Ebrima

4. Kingdom56

Hi!
    I added the changes you requested and fleshed out some personality flaws he would have gained from his life story.
    Thanks so much for reviewing!

@Katiesc

5. studsonsc

studsonsc the only son.

Still a few words over the word limit in the life story, but not too bad! Over all, it looks looks great, approved!

6. SnashuuPomaymay

SnashuuPomaymay lol die

dA BOI

• Educated Educated x 1
  7. Tiaq

Tiaq e girl extraordinaire

Hi yes.
    I love him.

8. Kingdom56

Hi!
    I was told that Crimson witches don't have to deduct 10 points from Athelois, so I modified my proficiency points to reflect that. In addition, I changed the Banshee Shriek mutation to that of All Land's Mark! I figured I should tag you just to make sure I didn't mess up anywhere. Thanks so much for reading!

@Katiesc

9. studsonsc

studsonsc the only son.

@Ebrima

Sorry for the delay, still approved!

10. Kingdom56

Hi, made a quick change in Rennyn's profs in preparation for building a sub-group. I felt the ability to dread corrupt would be useful in building numbers. (removed six points from athletics, and stuck them on ritualism)

@Katiesc

11. Kingdom56

@Katiesc Hi! Figure I should tag you with the recent update with all the mutations and such. I've chosen five instead of four because of the new rules Crimson Witches abide by.

Thanks for reading!

12. studsonsc

studsonsc the only son.

Lookin good! Re-Approved.

13. Kingdom56

Didn't realize I needed to tag it with Needs Reviewer! Guess I'm getting a new Reviewer then, that's kinda neat.

14. studsonsc

studsonsc the only son.

Looks great! Approved.

15. Kingdom56

@Katiesc
    Hi! Did a massive change with Rennyn with the new proficiency update:
    • I changed his physical stat down to the new limit which is 25 with Abyssal sworn
    • Sorcery spell count was cut down to four spells
    • Sliced his age in half so that now he is thirty two years old
    • Swapped out Abyssal Grimoire Mutation for the Abyssal Liege mutation to adapt to new sorcery rules
    One question I have if you don't mind answering is, for the mage blooded Kathar sorcery spell, does that follow the same rules as the sorcery pay page? Like, there it's typically one aesthetic spell that goes along with the ability spell, is that the same case here or is it solely just two sorcery spells that could either be ability or aesthetic?

Thanks for reading!

16. studsonsc

studsonsc the only son.

17. Kingdom56

@Katiesc
    Updated Rennyn with the new Kathar update.
    • Introduced the New Racials
    • Aged him up by six years to keep his current sorcery spells
    • Changed race name to Shenathar

18. Mollymock

Mollymock Regalian Citizen

Claiming this app for review, since Katie is no longer staff.

19. Mollymock

Please remove all these descriptions for abilities. It's not needed, since players should only be using the wiki to check over these things.

Make this edit, tag me and we're good to go.

20. Kingdom56

21. Mollymock

22. Kingdom56

@Mollymock
    Hi! Made a recent change with prof points in regards to the new burglary update.
    Swapped 10 Rogue stealth to five and turned 6 Burglary to 10. Did this because I found I never really used the secondary stealth ability, and the new system looks profitable so I wanna maximize output on that.

Thanks for reading.

23. Kingdom56

@Mollymock
    Did a recent change with the prof points. Pulled a mixture of four total points from Unarmed and Blade to put into Sorcery, also updated sorcery in accordance with the new rules.

24. Kingdom56

Forgot to mark it with needs Re-Review! @Mollymock

25. Mollymock

26. Kingdom56

@Mollymock

Updated Proficiencies to the new system!

27. Mollymock

Tentatively approved. The number of abilities may be asked to be toned down at a later date.

28. Kingdom56

@Mollymock
    Updated my app to the new Abyssal Update! I did a huge overhaul on the sorcery abilities due to crimson witches having access to other forms of sorcery now beyond what was listed. So there was a ton of changes there, and I pulled the slight of hand pack from earlier, I wasn't getting much rp out of it as I would have liked.

29. Kingdom56

30. Mollymock

31. Kingdom56

@Mollymock
    Swapped out Cursing Light I for magic bolt I , figured it was the only change so I didn't need to put it down for re-review but still figured I ought to tag you.

32. Kingdom56

Hi! Requesting a re-review on account of the new racial abilities as well as the fact that Rennyn now has mutations! (Thanks to Mutation Manifest 1)

@Mollymock

33. Mollymock

34. Kingdom56

@Mollymock
    Removed Element Brand IV replaced it with darkness III

Didn't get much use out of Brand IV, and I figured Darkness III fit the crimson witch crp theme better anyways.

35. Antimreoir

Antimreoir Refugee

I'll be claiming this app for review going forward, that being said, approved.

36. Kingdom56

Adjusted application to fit the new set up.
    Magic Bolt 1 was removed, so I replaced that spell with Darkness 2
    Added Draconic Mimicry mutation through the use of Mutation Manifest 1

37. Volaie

Volaie Honest Citizen Supremium

Claimed for review.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  38. Volaie

Reapproved!

39. Kingdom56

Hi! Sorry for the quick need for a re-review, but I felt it necessary to do a few changes to Ren.

1: Changed Rennyn's race to Zolathar
    2: Pulled 3 points from fist combat, invested it into sorcery to acquire Element Control 2

Normally I see race changes as kind of a taboo, hence why Rennyn hasn't been changed for over three years. But with the update to Crimson witch lore, and the improvements to the new rogue system it's been kind of gnawing at the back of my mind to update him to Zolathar, for the reasons that it's a race which would make much more sense for an Abyssal family to have been born into, and secondly that it's abilities compliment the Crimson Witch incredibly on the rogue side of things. Thankfully, Zolathar feel abundantly similar to Shenathar in a lot of ways, so I don't think that it's a big change, but if it is, let me know and I'll swap him back immediately. It really came down to the fact that the Shenathar lore just wasn't complimenting well with the new direction Abyssals are taking, and that I already play Rennyn like a Zolathar anyways so I might as well make the swap.

@Volaie

40. Volaie

Seems handy dandy.

APPROVED