Archived Remove /glow!

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simcity_4

QUIS CONTRA NOS?
Reaction score
Recently, I was walking through Regalia, and suddenly got a fully black screen. I looked away and it went away. I experienced this yesterday, and asked in help chat. They said it was a glitch with Optifine and /glow. Whenever anyone looked at a prem is /glow on, their screen would go black (supposedly only optifine did this) but I don't have optifine anymore, and it happens to me. /glow is a very useless command, and it breaks the game, it should be either removed and replaced, or fixed. Reply with some kind of replacement, but I personally hate this command and I hope it gets replaced.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
What else do prems have now. Like seriously. So much has been taken away and people are already complaining about the few fun things that we gained from our loss. Ive never had an issue with /glow. I keep it on pretty often, and so do my allies. Causes no problems with me. I think these complaints are just ridiculous. If people could toggle whether they see it it'd probably stop the whining.

It's a visual premium feature that actually seems popular among premium roleplayers. Making it optional for others to see defeats the point. Optifine is also not an official required plugin, your private mods should not affect server policy.

I see little to no reason to have the feature removed. Instead focus your energy on making bug reports for the Optifine devs so they can fix it, or just don't use an experimental optifine build and expect it all to work without bugs.

What else do prems have now. Like seriously. So much has been taken away and people are already complaining about the few fun things that we gained from our loss. Ive never had an issue with /glow. I keep it on pretty often, and so do my allies. Causes no problems with me. I think these complaints are just ridiculous. If people could toggle whether they see it it'd probably stop the whining.
I also stated that it should be replaced instead of removed.
It's a visual premium feature that actually seems popular among premium roleplayers. Making it optional for others to see defeats the point. Optifine is also not an official required plugin, your private mods should not affect server policy.

I see little to no reason to have the feature removed. Instead focus your energy on making bug reports for the Optifine devs so they can fix it, or just don't use an experimental optifine build and expect it all to work without bugs.
I don't have Optifine. that's one of my points. Currently I don't have any mods in my plugins nor minecraft folder.

I also stated that it should be replaced instead of removed.

I don't have Optifine. that's one of my points. Currently I don't have any mods in my plugins nor minecraft folder.

I dont have any mods or anything either, and it does nothing to me. i've never gotten a "black screen" or been unable to see. its either your game or maybe optifine wasnt fully removed from your game.
I agree entirely with @MonMarty

I dont have any mods or anything either, and it does nothing to me. i've never gotten a "black screen" or been unable to see. its either your game or maybe optifine wasnt fully removed from your game.
I agree entirely with @MonMarty
Optifine was never in my game, I just got a new comp and frech installed the game.

Optifine was never in my game, I just got a new comp and frech installed the game.
Then it must be your game. either way, it doesnt bother me, I love the feature, and I vote it should stay. I was cussed out by a kid the other day for having my glow on, he was spewing insults saying "Your F***ing glow makes it impossible for me to PLAY MY GAME!" and alot of other things... Riping on Glow, he also said he was using Optifine because otherwise hes too laggy to play massive. Well its not my fault, I'm just using a feature that I love and like considering how much prem has lost. I'm still debating on whether i should buy more. The hate is ridiculous. It needs to stop.

Then it must be your game. either way, it doesnt bother me, I love the feature, and I vote it should stay. I was cussed out by a kid the other day for having my glow on, he was spewing insults saying "Your F***ing glow makes it impossible for me to PLAY MY GAME!" and alot of other things... Riping on Glow, he also said he was using Optifine because otherwise hes too laggy to play massive. Well its not my fault, I'm just using a feature that I love and like considering how much prem has lost. I'm still debating on whether i should buy more. The hate is ridiculous. It needs to stop.
Alright, but if it affects 1.9 vanilla players, it should atleast be fixed, should it not?

I think a simple command to turn off low locally would be useful… so people can decide if they want to see /glow or not

It's not even working on vanilla 1.9. It's hindering my ability to enjoy my time on massive. all I'm asking for is a command so I don't have to see it.

Notice
If you have optifine 1.9, go to shaders and do (none), it helps, if you don't have optifine 1.9, get optifine and do just that.

This suggestion is rejected. The /glow feature is not being removed due to client-side bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.