Archived Remove Enderpearl Invincibility Time

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

Joshy54100

☑ rekt ☐ not rekt
Reaction score
Faction
Deldrimor
The Problem
One major issue I have with PvP is the Enderpearl invincibility time that you receive right after you land your pearl. It's not a part of vanilla Minecraft and I know it bugs a lot of people, especially almost every single PvPer I have talked to on this issue.

I see no reason to have it. If it was implemented for a specific reason, please give it since I've been searching for one for a long time and no one I know has found one yet.

At the very least, make it so you take 50% less damage, but only if this thing was added in for a good reason in the first place.

The Solution
Remove the time that you are invincible right after your pearl lands, simple as that.

Going to tag some people here:
@BenAlex144 @MazzerDK @Wannag @Asmodeus35 @WU_Walrus @SiineHD @Gethelp @Shaneski101 @spoonly @Yoloorange @MagicalWetToast @Waminer @YankeeGiant8013 @Stonejrod, @catacus2, @The0neFallen

Tried to tag people from most of the active pvp factions, sorry if I forgot you

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
agree, please fix.

This is exceedingly annoying, as when someone lands a pearl right next to you, and you start thwacking away at them and you can do no damage, they immediately gain an advantage. Not only from landing right next to a probably under prepared player, but they gain the added bonus of being able to deal damage without any thought of retaliation. Even when you have the invincibility yourself, it still isn't fun as it takes away from the playability of the PvP side of Massive, as enderpearls are an integral part of PvP

I believe this is part of essentials teleport invincibility. So you can't get attacked just after a teleport. I do however agree that it is stupid on ender pearls.

Yeah, completely agree. Annoying as hell when someone enderpearls and they're invincible -;-

I thought that Massive no longer uses Essentials though.
I don't think it uses it very much, but the plugin is installed. If you use "/essentials", the "Insufficient permissions" message comes up, not the "unknown command". So I'm assuming it's still used and it might be because of essentials ;)

I don't think it uses it very much, but the plugin is installed. If you use "/essentials", the "Insufficient permissions" message comes up, not the "unknown command". So I'm assuming it's still used and it might be because of essentials ;)
Yeah, hopefully that is the case, since it should be an easy fix then.

It is indeed an Essentials issue. The problem is that the plugin applies invulnerability when a player teleports or is teleported, yet the plugin doesn't check for why the player was teleported before applying it, therefore it sees enderpearling as just any old teleportation, and does what it was coded to do.

As it looks, there are two routes to take:
  1. I suggest to Cayorion to change the delay of dealing/receiving damage after teleporting, in the config file, which is a default of four seconds. The only issue is that this would affect all forms of teleportation, and not just pearls, therefore making it not the best solution.
  2. I suggest to Cayorion to see if he can alter the code to make it recognize enderpearling as its own separate form of teleportation, and not have the invulnerability applied. There is no guarantee he could do this, as essentials isn't his plugin, and I don't know the extent of what he can edit without having to do a mass re-code.
A question for you...
Seeing as altering a config file is much easier than altering code, what would you like the delay to be nerfed to? Would you be ok with a one second delay?
@BenAlex144 @Joshy54100 @Wannag @MazzerDK @Asmodeus35 @SiineHD @Shaneski101 @spoonly @Yoloorange @MagicalWetToast @Waminer @YankeeGiant8013 @Stonejrod @catacus2

Wouldn't this also solve the portal hopping issues we have with some players exploiting it?

It is indeed an Essentials issue. The problem is that the plugin applies invulnerability when a player teleports or is teleported, yet the plugin doesn't check for why the player was teleported before applying it, therefore it sees enderpearling as just any old teleportation, and does what it was coded to do.

As it looks, there are two routes to take:
  1. I suggest to Cayorion to change the delay of dealing/receiving damage after teleporting, in the config file, which is a default of four seconds. The only issue is that this would affect all forms of teleportation, and not just pearls, therefore making it not the best solution.
  2. I suggest to Cayorion to see if he can alter the code to make it recognize enderpearling as its own separate form of teleportation, and not have the invulnerability applied. There is no guarantee he could do this, as essentials isn't his plugin, and I don't know the extent of what he can edit without having to do a mass re-code.
A question for you...
Seeing as altering a config file is much easier than altering code, what would you like the delay to be nerfed to? Would you be ok with a one second delay?
@BenAlex144 @Joshy54100 @Wannag @MazzerDK @Asmodeus35 @SiineHD @Shaneski101 @spoonly @Yoloorange @MagicalWetToast @Waminer @YankeeGiant8013 @Stonejrod @catacus2
I think it would be best to take the route of custom coding it since it would probably be of a higher quality and work exactly like how we wanted it to. It also might help in the long run to help eventually replace Essentials.

I think it would be best to take the route of custom coding it since it would probably be of a higher quality and work exactly like how we wanted it to. It also might help in the long run to help eventually replace Essentials.
I don't think we need to replace essentials. In all honestly I think it would be more work than it's worth with only one coder.

I don't think we need to replace essentials. In all honestly I think it would be more work than it's worth with only one coder.
Do we use all of Essentials though? Essentials is a very bloated plugin, and I know that if we don't use all features of it it might be worth replacing it to help clean it up and maybe get a slight performance boost.

Do we use all of Essentials though? Essentials is a very bloated plugin, and I know that if we don't use all features of it it might be worth replacing it to help clean it up and maybe get a slight performance boost.
I honestly couldn't tell you from a tech point of view. I imagine that if we still have the plugin then it's needed for a reason.

One more thing this could help with is decrease the accusations that the server is lagging when it really isn't, it's just this feature. This feature has infuriated me many a time when I thought none of my hits were landing because of lag (of course before I realized that it was because they were invincible because of their recent enderpearl)