Archived Remove Character Apps From Showing Up On Front Page

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

soapboxstage

a muppet of a man
Reaction score
Faction
Chalsie's fac
Roleplay Guilds
Silver Lining Fleet
I think I might have seen this a while ago, but it is noteable that during most hours of the day the home page of the forums have about 3 or 4 character apps in them. The threads, while probably generating the most activity out of the forums at the moment, do not involve many people. The main people who take interest out of these threads are the people who write them and peer/staff reviewers. This isn't much of a big deal but I have a brief quarrel with the idea that threads that don't involve many people take up so many spots on the front page. It is likely viable that this could be done, being that ban appeals and staff applications don't show up on the home page. This could free up space for faction announcements, roleplay events, and other discussions that arise.

On a similar note, I'm not sure if forum roleplays are discluded from the home page as well, but those are also threads limited to a smaller group of people, and fall under similar circumstances.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
At the time of this posting, 7 out of 10 of the threads on the home page are character applications.

Looking at the forums at this time, the oldest thing posted is from sixteen hours ago. That being said while character applications and forum roleplays are largely present they dont cover up other content that people deem important to their personal experience. In my eyes it would be a effort that doesn't change much beyond making the forums appear slower and deader than what they really are for new players

Looking at the forums at this time, the oldest thing posted is from sixteen hours ago. That being said while character applications and forum roleplays are largely present they dont cover up other content that people deem important to their personal experience. In my eyes it would be a effort that doesn't change much beyond making the forums appear slower and deader than what they really are for new players
That is true, but I also think it would make new players think that all we do here is character applications, and it may make it more difficult for people new to the forums to find their way around and get aware of interesting new threads

While I could just say post more content, I really don't care about reading applications bar the ones written by myself or those I interact with. If they were hidden from view, I wouldn't be upset.

That is true, but I also think it would make new players think that all we do here is character applications, and it may make it more difficult for people new to the forums to find their way around and get aware of interesting new threads
I agree with you definitely, its just a matter of deciding which is better as a business model which is a hard decision to make without any data behind it

I agree with you definitely, its just a matter of deciding which is better as a business model which is a hard decision to make without any data behind it
A big part of this is how many new forum users we get in the average day, and if they really care how recent the content is. Most other server forums don't have too much traffic anyways, and I would like to note the point that having useless content (to the average user, of course) may be worse than having old content

It has been a week since the update? And we are still keeping a solid 7/10