Archived 'reminder' Plugin & Ignored Player Checking

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

schmemeking

Fat Cat Fanatic
Reaction score
Website
forums.massivecraft.com
Faction
Drakost
Kingdom
Atherian Empire
Roleplay Guilds
Jade Dragon Tea House
I figured it would be useful if you could use a command that upon logging in, would send you a mail that can only be cleared with a special command, rather than /mail clear.

For example, if someone wanted to remember they had to pay back a loan, they would do, say, /reminder [Insert Message Here], and a 'sticky mail' would be sent to them.

To clear the sticky mail, you would simply /reminder clear. This would be a very helpful plugin on Massive, and I'd love to see this implemented.

Another example, Nico0729 realizes that he has to meet up at an RP event at 3:00 PM on Saturday. He does /reminder Meet up at [Destination] for the [Event] at [Time]. He leaves and comes on the next day, 2 hours before the event and sees a blue message saying: [/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=#0000b3][B]Meet up at the ___ for the ___ at 3:00 PM tomorrow.[/B][/COLOR] [B]Another feature that might be helpful is to be able to check who you are ignoring. When ignoring someone, the game will keep track of who is ignoring and who is being ignored and you can view this through a command. [COLOR=#4d4dff]For example, [Player A] ignores [Player B]. Player A forgets over time he ignored Player B, so he looks at his list of ignored players to see: [/COLOR] [COLOR=#000000]___[Ignored Players]___[/COLOR][/B] [LIST] [*][B][COLOR=#000000][Player B][/COLOR][/B] [*][B][COLOR=#000000]Nico0729[/COLOR][/B] [*][B][COLOR=#000000][Player C][/COLOR][/B] [/LIST] [B][COLOR=#4d4dff]He then sees all these ignored players cluttered up in his list, and decides to un-ignore all of them because they are all old grudges.[/COLOR][/B][/Time]

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
The reminder one would be abused

I can say from own expieriences, ignoring people and forgetting 'bout 'em is annoying. FULL SUPPORT

You couldn't abuse it any more than you can abuse the Mail plugin, and i haven't really seen anyone abusing that one.

The point of the reminder plugin is to set reminders for yourself, which automatically appear when you log on. They cannot be sent to other players, that is what /mail is for. There will simply be a command to create them, and a command to dismiss them. That's all there is.

As for the /ignore'd player checking, that one still has a few flaws. Having the knowledge that someone ignored you will only lead to spam of "Hey, can someone tell [Player] to un-ignore me?" I'd prefer it only being a single command that shows who you ignored and that only.

The reminders idea would work better as a client side mod (the server doesn't need to know what you have scheduled). The ignored player list has been suggested several times, and several staff remind Cay periodically, but it's coding hasn't been scheduled yet.

The reminders idea would work better as a client side mod (the server doesn't need to know what you have scheduled). The ignored player list has been suggested several times, and several staff remind Cay periodically, but it's coding hasn't been scheduled yet.
Okay, thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.