Archived Region Sharing

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
But then people can grief it.... :/
then report it?
i like it actually... a friend asked me to help decorate the house but since i couldn't edit teh interior i had to rebuilt the house in a creative world, decorate it and post screenshots in a conversation

That would be nice.
But if it is not a feature of buyregion. Then people might still be able to when the owner changes.

I believe this was removed due to issues with the renting system when two people are assigned to a home.

I was getting mad with getting @Green_Hood ( A very good, trusted friend of mine. ), or another mod, to decorate my house /for/ me, since I don't got stuff really for decorating ( And I'm 100% lazy. ). It also helps with RP. For example: I sit on a bed, with a hurt arm, and a desk needs to be moved. My two friends do it for me, yet I have to go OOC and destroy the desk, when they simply could have. ( True story. )

I was getting mad with getting @Green_Hood ( A very good, trusted friend of mine. ), or another mod, to decorate my house /for/ me, since I don't got stuff really for decorating ( And I'm 100% lazy. ). It also helps with RP. For example: I sit on a bed, with a hurt arm, and a desk needs to be moved. My two friends do it for me, yet I have to go OOC and destroy the desk, when they simply could have. ( True story. )
But...it only takes 5 seconds xDD

That would be nice.
But if it is not a feature of buyregion. Then people might still be able to when the owner changes.
It is a feature with BuyRegion, we just don't have access to the command. If you do /region, you can see all the commands.

Ehm.. Yes it is possible to add other peeps, but after such, the mods would have to remove the add people since they wouldn't be able to remove themselves after the original renter runs out of his/her rent time, and doesn't own the home anymore. And then the people can build and so own, even if them, or a friend is not building. Which dat leads to bad stuff.

I think it would be a great idea, because that would make it easier to get a house in the city.
More people can live TOGETHER in one house and they could decorate own rooms.
Until now they must ask the owner and explain it to him....

Like me and @Oromir and @TheSpaceLlama .

I think it would be a great idea, because that would make it easier to get a house in the city.
More people can live TOGETHER in one house and they could decorate own rooms.
Until now they must ask the owner and explain it to him....

Like me and @Oromir and @TheSpaceLlama .
I definitely agree. Right now there's so limited rooms for rent. While I'm not a realtor, I do look out for houses for sale so that my friends (irl or in game) can purchase a home for their character in the poor district. Most of these homes don't have a region yet or are rented out already by people who have auto renew on. It's really quite frustrating to be honest. I waited outside of the complex that currently holds my home for an hour to wait for the rent to expire so that I could finally get my home.

I definitely agree. Right now there's so limited rooms for rent. While I'm not a realtor, I do look out for houses for sale so that my friends (irl or in game) can purchase a home for their character in the poor district. Most of these homes don't have a region yet or are rented out already by people who have auto renew on. It's really quite frustrating to be honest. I waited outside of the complex that currently holds my home for an hour to wait for the rent to expire so that I could finally get my home.

Another good thing for more people in one house: You can pay it better! 2 people = More money~

At one point, my character was rooming with another character of mine and a friend's. We worked around me being the sole editor of the house, and he told me where blocks should and shouldn't be placed. The house turned out well, in the end, and we were both happy. Although it might be a bother that only one person can edit the house, it's easy to work around.

Even though it is a wonderful idea, I don't think it's feasible.

The sole reason we don't do this is because when someone buys a region, their name is automatically added to the region, and then automatically removed when they are evicted/it expires. If we went around adding 2-3 people to every region in Regalia for a friend, when that friend gets evicted or no longer wants the house, we have to remember "Hey, there are two extra people added to that region that shouldn't be there." and then we have to remove them. And with everything, sometimes things fall through the cracks, and we might never know that five different people have been added to a region until someone logs on one day and their house is griefed to hell and back.

The sole reason we don't do this is because when someone buys a region, their name is automatically added to the region, and then automatically removed when they are evicted/it expires. If we went around adding 2-3 people to every region in Regalia for a friend, when that friend gets evicted or no longer wants the house, we have to remember "Hey, there are two extra people added to that region that shouldn't be there." and then we have to remove them. And with everything, sometimes things fall through the cracks, and we might never know that five different people have been added to a region until someone logs on one day and their house is griefed to hell and back.
So does that mean the idea is rejected?

Would it be possible to modify BuyRegion so that it allows the owner of a region to add people, but automatically resets access permissions when the owner is evicted?

Would it be possible to modify BuyRegion so that it allows the owner of a region to add people, but automatically resets access permissions when the owner is evicted?
That's what I was thinking, surely it can't be hard to make it remove all the people who had access?

I imagine it's possible, I just can't give a definate yes or no. It would be a question for Cayorion to answer.

-draws a glyph to summon the almighty @Cayorion -
bloody_red_spell_circle_by_azranoxx-d347zwj.jpg

O ALMIGHY CAYORION! PLEASE HELP US IN OUR TIMES OF NEED AND ANSWER OUR QUESTION! A QUESTION OF GREAT IMPORTANCE THAT ONLY THOU CAN ANSWER! OH GREAT AND ALMIGHTY CAYORION WE ASK THOU! PLEASE GIVE US AN ANSWER AND ENLIGHTEN US WITH YOUR POSTS!

Last edited:
I imagine it's possible, I just can't give a definate yes or no. It would be a question for Cayorion to answer.
From what I know BuyRegion is not open source nor does it have an API, so the obvious answer would be no. But who knows, maybe there is a way to circumvent this.

Ah, that changes things. I thought it was an in-house plugin.
But all it does is adding/removing members to a WorldGuard region. Maybe there is a way to circumvent it using WorldGuard. Something like
/HouseShare [region name] [player name]
To add them to the region, and remove them again X minutes after. It will only cause issues if you add them just before your house expires.