Regalian Music Contest

Discussion in 'Player Events' started by Nathan, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Nathan

Nathan Regalian Patrician

[​IMG]

Regalian Music Contest by House Kreiburg & The Wunderbar

Calling all Musicians!

What?
    A Regalian Music Contest inviting all musicians on the Crown Isle to compete for the 1st place prize and Crown Isle residents to come have a drink at the Wunderbar while they enjoy the performance.

Who?
    All Crown Isle Residents including the Nobility, however Kathar are barred from the event due to the Wunderbar's 'No Kathar' rule. All illegal beings such as Sanguine, Undead, and Werebeasts are banned too. All musicians looking to take part must apply in advance.

Where?

At the Kreiburg Wunderbar. /tp The Wunderbar.

When?
    Friday, the 21st of August at 8 PM EST.

How?
    If you're a musician looking to compete, there's a few things to keep in mind.

Event Information: There will be three judges to rate each performance: Lord Theopold Kreiburg, Sir Amory Kreiburg, Murielle-Mae Barkhardt (subject to change before event). Each judge will likely give a different answer depending on their view of the performance. The highest counted number wins. For example, Lord Kreiburg gives a 6, Sir Kreiburg a 2, and Barkhardt an 8, totaling 16. The overall winner will receive a silver medal prize from the Wunderbar Forge.

Musical Proficiency: Proficiency will play into the performance by mostly how well the instruments are played. This won't be strictly enforced, but generally if someone has no musical proficiency, they may have trouble performing as adequate as someone with 10 or 15, and that will be taken into account by the judges. Though, a lot of judging the performance will be reliant on the song's creativity in emotes and the instruments portrayed, etc. At the end of the day, it just comes down to the judge's number.

Also, a piano is provided on the Wunderbar stage for any looking to make use of it.

Character Names of Contestants (group, duo, or solo performance all permitted):
    Character Musical Profiencies:
    Instruments (voice counts!):
    Song being played (can be a known song or newly written):
    Short IC Letter to Baron Kreiburg:

• Winner Winner x 3
    #1 Nathan, Aug 6, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  2. YoitsKing

YoitsKing The Strong Will Bend The Weak

Contestants (group, duo, or solo performance all permitted): Hanz Rosenguart
    Character Musical Profiencies: +10
    Instruments (voice counts!): Guitar
    Song being played (can be a known song or newly written): newly written (Hanz's kreiguard March song)
    Short IC Letter to Baron Kreiburg: Dear Baron,
    I was hoping I could sing the song I have been working for the new position you you gave to me. I know I don't have use of my arms yet so if I don't have them by the time I would preform then I can't use an instrument.

-Hanz Rosenguart (written by someone else due to his disability)

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    #2 YoitsKing, Aug 6, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  3. indyfan98

indyfan98 I'm not narcissistic. I'm just better than you.

Character Names of Contestants: Wan-Xia
    Character Musical Profiencies: 25
    Instruments (voice counts!): Baryton
    Song being played (can be a known song or newly written): Overture to Balaur Opera by Wan-Xia
    Short IC Letter to Baron Kreiburg
    Dear Baron Kreiburg,

Greetings! My name is Wan-Xia. I run the Regaliam Institute of the Performing Arts. I wish to participate in your music competition at the Wunderbar. I will he playing the Baryton, 16-stringed instrument, with six of the strings being bowed, and the other ten being plucked. I do hope you enjoy the performance!

Sincerely yours,
    Wan-Xia

4. Nathan

Both accepted

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Vivo_Et_Vincam

Vivo_Et_Vincam The Walking Spreadsheet

Character Names of Contestants (group, duo, or solo performance all permitted): Virraed van der Veer (Viresh)
    Character Musical Profiencies: +25 Musical Arts
    Instruments (voice counts!): Voice and Piano, though can do flute, violin, and guitar as well, and a decent drum beat.
    Song being played (can be a known song or newly written): Just one? I have FIVE songs that can fit for this, though if you only want one.... Beauty of Regalia will work.
    To Baron Kreiburg,

This is Commander Harric van der Veer of House van der Veer. I would like to sign up my relative, Virraed to your musical contest. He will not disappoint.

-- Harric van der Veer.
    Ex-Count of the Angle Veer
    Commander of the Free Stallion Company
    Patriarch of House van der Veer​

6. Nathan

Accepted to the list

7. Mr Toastybuns

Mr Toastybuns President of the Good Boy Club

Character Names of Contestants (group, duo, or solo performance all permitted): Kasamir Arcleht
    Character Musical Profiencies: +10
    Instruments (voice counts!): Lute & Voice
    Song being played (can be a known song or newly written): "No Good Men", An Original Composition
    Dear Baron Kreiburg,

My name is Kasamir Arcleht, Knight of the Bloodcast Order. I would like to submit my humble musical talents to perform in the Regalian Music Contest at the Wunderbar. I've a new composition that I've been anxious to perform and it would be an honor to debut the piece there. It is a humorous tune, one I hope to get much laughter and smiles from, which is something I feel we can always use more of.

-Respectfully, Kasamir Arcleht

8. Nathan

Accepted and added to the list

9. Nathan

Reminder this is tomorrow (PST egdhd).

10. SorryNari

SorryNari Local Werewolf Supremium

Character Names of Contestants (group, duo, or solo performance all permitted): Lucallian Valrel.
    Character Musical Proficiencies: 13 Musical Art.
    Instruments (voice counts!): Lute.
    Song being played (can be a known song or newly written): Newly written, unnamed.

To Baron Kreiburg,

My name is Lucallian Valrel, and I have taken great interest in the music competition. As someone who finds great passion and dedication to the arts, this would be an excellent opportunity for me to perform whilst also meeting the other contestants. I hope you will consider my application.

@Nathan

#10 SorryNari, Aug 21, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
  11. Nathan

Accepted!

12. Nathan

The final scores!

Lucallian with 22

Wan-Xia with 16

Kasamir Arcleht with 22