Regalian-elven Subjugation War: Battle Of H'relllen

Discussion in 'Progression Events' started by MonMarty, Jun 14, 2014.

1. MonMarty

MonMarty Thotdodger Staff Member Server Owner

The Kade Host abandoned Taure Tinechor, marching east once more to meet up with the Typhonus Army and the Fong Fleet at the capital of the Lusits Kingdom. Taure Tinechor was retaken by the soldiers retreating from Hellar Tellarna, though only 5 baronies large worth of troops. The soldiers then took the Fong fleet around the continent past the Ithanian Seas and sailed west, to assault H’rellen, a town seemingly insignificant, home to one large temple but guarded by almost 2,500 Elves and who knows what else.

As soon as the Regalian Army arrived, now referred to as “The Grand Host”, the Fong ships unloaded the troops on smaller vessels which proceeded to make beach head. From the moment beach head was made, the fighting started almost immediately, largely in favor of the Grand Host’s infantry regiments, consisting largely of Kade and Typhonus levies. Ulric Typhonus led the army himself, having Thomas Kade, Mannfried Edvardsson, Theoden Typhonus, Valentino Sangiovese and Ludwig Fuchs as retinues. Councillor Fong meanwhile stayed back with the fleet, guarding the rear and spectating the battle from a far as Royal inspector. All seemed to be going as planned, until the wind suddenly shifted, the large flags on Fong’s proud Chi’i dancing in the wind, and the sound of Elven horns behind them. As fong turned around, and walked to the rear end of his ship, he peered into the horizon, making out 10 large Elven warships coming in at full speed from behind.

As his officers gathered around him (a comedy sight to behold mind you, tall Qadir officers surrounding a small Chi’i elderly) he was heard mumbling “Not even death can take me by surprise you seaborne scum” He promptly turned around, tapping his cane in a rhythmic fashion on the deck of the ship, quickly followed by drummers on his ship. From a deck below, a loud squeak of a clown nose could be heard, followed by a couple of metal scratching noises. As a shadow leaping from the lower deck, the Rabid Clown leaped up towards the central mast of Fong’s personal ship, clawing his way to the top of the mast where the large flags still swung in the wind. Once arrived at the top, the Rabid Clown unleashed a frenzy of colorful fireworks into the sky, flashing bright red and yellow. The Fong fleet, instructed in the signals, opened the hatches on the sides of their otherwise sailing vessels, deploying rowing oars manned by the many slaves previously hidden below decks. The ships then made abrupt turns to face the Elven fleet coming closer by the minute. The fireworks meanwhile also served to alert the armies fighting in H’rellen itself, but did little to deter their advance or make their leader reconsider his moves. Ulric Typhonus understood the necessity of achieving objectives in battle, the results weighed heavy on not only his, but also Thomas Kade’s reputation back home. The combined forces quickly moved up taking key points around the town and advancing the battle in their favor.

Fong had meanwhile rearranged his fleet in an orderly line. Facing the Elves, Baron Morei climbed onto the deck with his Maiar retinue, informing Fong of the fact that Elves had somehow acquired cannons, likely Qadir cannons due to the bronze cast. Fong stroke his beard’s full length with one hand, scraping his cane on the deck with his other while he looked up at the sky and the direction of the winds. He raised his cane up and said: “How appropriate, the Elves have guns. Why don’t we give them some fire Baron Morei? Prepare your men to cut off the Elven legs. Baron Morei nodded, jumping over the side of the deck with his Maiar soldiers, disappearing under the water moments before Fong moved to the Gong. As a large man started ringing the gong, Fong exclaimed: “Huo! Long! Zhang! Shengli! Shengli!” As the words spew forward, so did the bowels of the ship open up and spew forwards endless rows of chi’i in traditional red silken caster wear, their golden neck collars, typical of identifying mages, shining in the bright sunlight as they marched onto the deck in a perfect row.

As the gong sounded one final time, the Chi’i started performing casting in perfect unison almost, 50 of them on one side of the ship, on all of fong’s ships moments before the Elven ships tried to make a turn. Baron Morei had meanwhile reached the Elven ships, his Maiar sabotaging the rudders of the ships from underwater by attaching chains to them or sabotaging the control mechanisms. The ships were unable to steer left or right, and panic started to set in with the Elves, especially when they saw what formed in front of them.

As if a hundred people were stirring one massive pond, a large ball of fire was forming on a side of all of Fong’s ships, formed by almost 50 fire mages per ball steering their magic in perfect organized unison. As Fong threw his arm forward, aiming his cane at the Elven ships, he exclaimed one final time as loud as he could “Shengli!” and as if the second cataclysm itself had come onto Aloria, the balls of fire moved forward like large jet streams, swirling through the air in front of the ships, eventually taking the forms of large dragons on their way to eat the Elven ships. The pure heat warped the air around them, gently cindering Fong’s beard as it was thrown backwards, his eyes blinded by the light and violence of the fire. Within seconds, the Fire dragons still controlled by the fire mages, crashed into the ships, tearing through them and igniting the gunpowder decks below as the fire raged through every hole conceivable. The ships exploded in a violent rage of fire storm, what little Elves survived the first waves of fire jumping into the water screaming for their lives, all the while Fong maniacally laughing with his arms wide. The explosions were even heard on the land itself, where the Kade and Typhonus forces almost reached the grand temple. They turned around momentarily, seeing the blazing balls of fire beyond Fong’s ships. Ulric pressed them on, and they started their final assault on the Temple.

Fong’s glorious victory on the water had caused the Elves to lose heart on land. Everywhere in the city, Elves were fleeing and the guards left near the Temple suddenly dropped their weapons and hurried back inside, as if they had suddenly decided there was something more important indoors. As Ulric and some of his men entered the Temple, an eerie calm took over the place, the sounds of battle muffled by the decaying glory of an old Elven Temple. Upon a pedestal in the middle of the temple room sat a crown, more beautiful than any crown ever beheld by humans. Made of the most elegant shiny silver, encrusted with the most generous rubies and sapphires and finally embroidered with the richest gold smithing work ever seen, culminating in the grand emblem of the Elven Empire and the Medui crown. The object before them was nothing other than the most holiest of Elven artifacts, the Imperial crown of the Elven Empire, sitting on a pedestal seemingly for the taking.

As they approached however, the folly of entering an Elven Temple unprepared came crashing down on them. A group of roughly 40, what quickly became known as wind mages, Elves suddenly rushed into the room from the other side, unleashing a violent torrent of wind gusts and strong currents around the room. Ulric and his personal men were smashed from side to side, down on the floor and up against the walls. Luckily Ulrics heavy armor prevented too much damage to him besides a couple of broken ribs, but he was knocked unconscious when he was flung out of the building by one large gust of wind. Like a storm of specters, the Elven mages stormed out of the temple, large funnels of wind following them. Arrows had no use, the wind simply pushed them away, and soldiers could not come close. Ulric meanwhile unconscious was picked up by Ludwig Fuchs and Theoden Typhonus. Both took one of Ulric’s shoulders, and while carrying him with one arm, defending his motionless body with their other arm from Elven soldiers who had regained the courage to fight assailing them. Thomas meanwhile cleared the way for the retreat, ordering the troops around in an orderly retreat to guard Ulric’s body from increasing numbers of Elves pouring onto the scene. Luckily, the Elves did not have enough troops to follow the Human army, pushing it back to the beach head, and then resorting to using a constant barrage of wind magic to keep the army at bay. Retreat signals were given to Fong’s fleet and the fleet picked up the army, sailing back to Cote Sur li on the Ithanian coast.

The Battle was very costly for the Elves, but a loss for the Grand Host nonetheless. The Grand Host lost roughly 300 men, while the Elves lost almost 2,000, counting 500 at sea. Fong was silent the entire trip back to Cote Sur Li, the Rabid Clown’s squeaky nose sounds occasionally heard from the top mast, and a stray fireworks arrow flying left or right. News of the discovery of the Imperial Elven crown was quickly spread through the ranks, and eventually made it’s way through the local population in Ithania. Before long, everyone started talking about the potential consequences of the capture of this crown. Some would say the Elves could use it to crown their own new Emperor. Others said it would bring great glory to whoever brought the crown back to Regalia. Others would claim it would gather great fortunes if sold in Ithania, and others yet, would speak of more sinister things that the crown could hold.

Rolls for anyone who cares:

• Winner Winner x 5
  2. HydraLana

HydraLana The Very Gay Walking Talking Lore Encyclopedia Staff Member Lore3

OMG, this crown sounds VERY VERY interesting. I wonder what shall happen....​

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Azas

Azas lofi sihai

Regroup and charge again, Val needs some glory :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. MonMarty

MonMarty Thotdodger Staff Member Server Owner

Pimp version of the battleplan for anyone who wants a laugh about Ulric and his punk ass pimps. Read at your disgression for foul language. Courtesy of imboring46.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. babaMP3

babaMP3 innocent until proven filthy Supremium

6. HydraLana

Oh yes, and the description of the Crown and the attack of the wind mages seemed VERY much like The Hive Wizards to me, protecting some valuable or rare of Earth's Old Age...DESTINY ROCKS!
    [​IMG]

7. Shayin

Shayin Seen any Elves?

Copyright Imboring56 Productions ©

As Shayin looked up at the Temple, his acute eyes examined the Crown. "Woah..." he says, being blown back as a gust of wind hits him. In that instant a stray arrow flew past him as he peaks up through the dust being kicked up, dirtying his blue and grey armor. More Mages. He sheathed his sword, shielding his eyes from the cyclone as he fell back upon orders. "Some day..." he breathed to himself as he reported in to Thomas Kade. The ambitious luster within his heart sparked as he felt the desire to take the crown for himself, bringing glory to Regalia in winning it. "Some day..." he repeated.

8. DipliPsychi

DipliPsychi your server farmboy

What? I thought I was going to war with Fong. Oh wait I didn't ship out yet.

9. Azas

Azas lofi sihai

It is unfortunate that the largest combined army that has fought so far lost, but at the same time it wasn't too heavy of a loss, as they can just push again and hope for a better roll. I absolutely am loving this war though, the write ups are interesting to read

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. _Nick__

_Nick__ Nicholas Ceadon

Oh lord if we lost to this everyone just sit and think for a moment about how the battle for Outrock will be (facepalm)

11. leafnosedbat

leafnosedbat juice thought. Supremium

'nuff said.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. TheFinitePeach

TheFinitePeach The World's First Sentient Fruit

No we were there, we just sat on our arses while the mages and maiar did everything...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. leafnosedbat

Yer welcome.

14. TheFinitePeach

TheFinitePeach The World's First Sentient Fruit

You could have left some for the rest of us...

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. DrFong

DrFong The Knave of Rats

The crown! So close! We did well today, but not quite well enough.

Thanks to everyone who helped out with the battle. We sank a lot of ships, killed a lot of Elves, and live to fight another day.

Everyone who talked to me about helping in battle during the last week rode along with our ships and were able to help at key moments during the battle. Well done!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. millawolf

millawolf The "Normal" Fong

Dear Fong,
    The news of Your first battle has just reached me. I am so happy to hear that you, Mr Clown and Morei are still safe. Keep fighting the good fight and remain safe. I love you dear and please give my love to The Clown and Count Morei as well.

Love,
    Beth

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Immersive Immersive x 2
  17. Oxoman

Oxoman Astronaut, Reverend and Millionaire Playboy

Manfried's likely having a tantrum after Fong's magic display.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Billy_Rage

Billy_Rage The heart of a lover, the soul of a writer

I am so confused about Regalia's veiw I mages in combat now. At first I though. I was illegal, then fine, the illegal and now I see Fong wrecking house with mages. Cayd maybe able to help in this war yet. Now just to get in contact with Fong to offer my services.

19. Deleted User 0206201901

Deleted User 0206201901 Beggar

A good battle, yet a loss nonetheless. TheodOn enjoyed it.

20. DipliPsychi

DipliPsychi your server farmboy

To be honest. I thought you would actually travel somewhere with a bunch of people. Kinda like PVP/RP.

21. leafnosedbat

Regalia doesn't like mages, but Regalia knows better than to question Fong's methods. Regalia's also not too fond of letting fish run counties, or using clowns as military leaders, but no one is about to tell Fong what he can and can't do.

• Agree x 3
    • Winner x 3
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  22. LordSylveon

LordSylveon The Desciple of Cecidit

Huzzah! Fire mages helped!

23. BlueWasp

BlueWasp The Phoenix

Michael Bane was killed behind the tavern by a group of mages, who claimed elves are an enemy to the state.
    Are Elves an enemy to the state? If so is that because of the wars?

Anyways Goodbye Michael Bane, it was fun RPing you.

24. HydraLana

Nope...all elvish citizens of Regalia are cleared but if they are against the war, they are...thrown into jail. Was your character against the war and openly said it?​

25. BlueWasp

BlueWasp The Phoenix

he didn't know about the war, he heard about a war here and there but usually he was busy on his missions.

26. HydraLana

Who were the Mages? Were they collared? Were they even lore compliant?

27. BlueWasp

BlueWasp The Phoenix

the mages were lore compliant, they had an archmage. The two who did all the work weren't collared, I'm not sure about the others.

Although, I was extremely confused when that guy walked up to me and said "you're an enemy to the state"