Regalian Civil Strife: Anahera And Consortium Plots

Discussion in 'Progression Events' started by MonMarty, Jun 15, 2014.

1. MonMarty

MonMarty Thotdodger Staff Member Server Owner

On the eve of June 15, 302 AC, Anahera host armies raged all over the Pileran lands, simultaneously striking the levy barracks all across the Pileran-owned lands of Pays Sud. The Pileran soldiers were caught off guard, especially in Alberta, where the Anahera soldiers used trade ships to mask their approach, storming around the city and seizing the Pileran estates. As Alejandro Anahera marched into the Grand Palace de Pays Vert, the Anahera soldiers were already looting the palace, throwing furniture out of the windows, burning Pileran properties and killing the servants. Alejandro was given a lot of undisciplined Sangiovese soldiers when he took over the Lordship from the disgraced family, but they had achieved their goals. As Alejandro seized the 'Le Grand Bijoux Vert', the object that would legally allow Alejandro to take over the duchies occupied, he knew his plan had come to fruition. Immediately, gold and blue banners were erected everywhere, and the green colors of the Pilerans were torn down and thrown into the ocean.

All across the Pileran estates, castles were seized from unsuspecting defenders, roughly 100 soldiers managed to escape the Pileran lands into neutral land to group up with 400 other soldiers to form the 500 remaining Pileran levies that would await orders from their Lady. The Pilerans were meanwhile in Daendroc when they received the news, with Sylvia and Olivia present at the Red Army host, which still had 100 Pileran soldiers as well, and Xalvador with the Kade host at Thomas Kade’s side. Alejandro announced hours after the invasion that his stewards had stumbled upon documents of appearing authentic design, bearing his claim to the western two duchies currently owned by the Pileran, citing ancient and dusty claims belonging to the Anahera lands and old dusty parts of the Girobaldin claims. The remaining 1,600 Anahera soldiers took their positions and started annexing the Pileran lands. Meanwhile in an abrupt fashion upheaval, the color green suddenly fell out of favor among fashion makers in Regalia, replacing the green vibrant tones with dark thoughtful night blue.

Further north meanwhile, a force now known as “The Consortium”, invaded the Typhonus lands. Following the abrupt end of the Kade-Lo alliance, a new force was announced when the Lo family allied with the Santorski family. The Santorski family cited claims on the westernmost Duchies of the Calemberg Lordship as part of the historical claim held by the Zastorzy family, a family long eradicated, but of whom the title Duchy of Zastorzy was held by Lenora Santorski. The claim was old and almost obsolete, but seemed authentic enough.

The Consortium forces, counting roughly 3,500 troops invaded the Calemberg lands with little to no difficulties. There were a few local uprisings, but with their lord in Daenshore and their entire army host away on another continent, the locals had no choice but to surrender to the Consortium. Quickly afterwards, pastel coloured flags of the Santorski family were hoisted off the Typhonus estates in the lands, and the land was duchies were locally renamed to “Duchy of Middle Zastorzy” and “Duchy of south Zastorzy”.

Advisers would urge both the Pileran and Typhonus to act fast, least they allow their invaders to take control fully of the land, and dig in their positions with fortifications. Their actions were legal by law of the state, and the Crown Prince remains quiet, the Palace refraining from making an official statement.

For anyone that cares, rolls:
    For anyone that cares, current personal retinue list of people and families that could be useful for further planning:
    • Santorski-Lo 3,500
    • Anahera 1500
    • Pileran 600 (100 in Daendroc)
    • Anthony Kade 600 (all in Daendroc)
    • Moriarty Kade 200 (all in Daendroc)
    • Alexander Kade 1300 (1000 in Daendroc)
    • Fong Family 1100 (all in Daendroc)
    • Duchamp Family 400 (all in Daendroc)
    • White Family 300 (all in Daendroc)
    • Nava Family 300 (all in Daendroc)
    • Black Family 200 (all in Daendroc)
    • Red Family 600 (all in Daendroc)
    • Leopold Kade 300 (all in Daendroc)
    • D'morte 400
    • Lamperouge Family 500 (all in Daendroc)
    • William Coen 400 (all in Daendroc)
    • Joshua Kade 200 (all in Daendroc)
    • Thomas Kade 500 (all in Daendroc)
    • Ulric Typhonus 1,800 (all in Daendroc)

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Generous Generous x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    #1 MonMarty, Jun 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2014
  2. HydraLana

HydraLana The Very Gay Walking Talking Lore Encyclopedia Staff Member Lore3

((A-HA! I KNEW SOMETHING ELSE WOULD HAPPEN WHILE THE WAR HAPPENED!

Although I really must say, certainly not this.))​

#2 HydraLana, Jun 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
  3. Grailen

Grailen Champion of the common man

Ooooh Regalia Universalis four!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. babaMP3

babaMP3 innocent until proven filthy Supremium

[​IMG]
    Alejandro allowed his long stride to slip through the halls, his step echoing through the now mostly empty Pileran palace. The sun hung lazily overhead, various groups of soldiers still having their go at the goods pillaged from the palace. The yelps of complaint from the courtiers were but a distant murmur, seeing as they were rounded up and left in one of the palace's various lounges -- or perhaps it was a drawing room. Either way, Alejandro knew it. He had won. His gaze lazily slipped to his left, out into the marvelous gardens displayed below. Though a few bodies of Pileran soldiers and servants dotted the grand artistic display of a garden, the scene proved a glorious sight.

His pace quickened, his person quickly turning left into what he would have assumed to be Sylvia's gargantuan office space. Plopping himself down into her delicate chair, he gripped a peacock feather quill and slipped a thin, crisp slice of parchment over. His gaze briefly slopped to his right, where he saw the brutally stabbed body of servant dragged into the corner. On the floor next to the body lay a tray with a spilled Mint Julep, crashed unceremoniously about the servant and floor. Alejandro shook his head briskly left and right, turning his attention back to his writing.

@Metamorp @Valsparr
    To the Glorious & Most Esteemed Lady Sylvia of the House Pileran,

The battles are complete, and the western isles of Pays Sud are annexed under my House's name. As word may have already reached you, we have won and hold copious amounts of your esteemed courtiers, jewels, estates, and even your glorious emerald in our possession. With all of this said and done, I propose an end to this conflict.

Surrender the duchies of Cannes Pays and Rochellais over to my person. When doing so, you will publicly announce and recognize the loss of claim on both duchies and the titles under them. You shall recognize our claim over the Lordship of Pays Sud, with the possession of your gaudy block of emerald. You shall pay the humble sum of 5000 Regals to my House, and pledge an oath of non-aggression towards my House or vassals below.

Consider my terms, dearest Sylvia. I know you and Celine held each other closely, so please, consider my humble and merciful terms in her name.

With Sincere Regards,
    Alejandro of the House Anahera, Lord of Girobalda, Duke of Pas Natal, Duke of Girobalda Proper, Duke of Inner Girobalda, Count of Natal, Count of Argentos, Count of Leone, Count of Mestia, Count of Olivares, Count of Amilcare, and Rightful Duke of Cannes Pays and Rochellais

With the ink still wet on the paper, Alejandro glanced over his shoulder through the grand office windows, the same gardens from before present below. "Poppies, perhaps. A whole new garden of them." He said, his lips cracking into a maniacal smirk.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    #4 babaMP3, Jun 15, 2014
  5. Billy_Rage

Billy_Rage The heart of a lover, the soul of a writer

I am just going to say it now, I think that Regalia will tear itself apart and the Qadir will come in and take over.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Feykronos

Feykronos Regalian Pioneer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    House Santorski
    “We Light the Sky”

[​IMG]

(@catcat1305 )
    To Ulric Typhonus, of the House Typhonus,

With the entirety of your forces busy with the issues in Daendroc, your people were rioting, feeling unprotected and uncared for. They called for their leader to return, and so I have graciously complied. While your gross neglect seems unbefitting of a man of your stature, we are of course willing to offer you a boon as a sign of respect to your previous duties.

Make no move against our armies, and we will not be forced to trample you under the heel of our lady Fewa. Understand, if you choose to create a heretical insurgence -- a repeat of your abandoning of Calemburg, perhaps? -- these offerings will be taken back at a moments notice. We graciously offer you retention of the Praginn Isles, and you will retain your title of lordship, upon surrendering the armies of the baronies that hold the Santorski flag. If not, make no mistake, the consortium will consider your actions to be against the benefit of Regalia and her peoples. As a captain of the guards, I imagine that you are well aware of what happens to traitors.

Please consider our most generous of mercy. I have no wish to bring about your death, I am a healer myself and I believe our lives to be in the hands of the Old Gods. Though, perhaps my dearest Lady Freya does not feel the same. A word of warning also, I think it best that you do not depend so much on ‘allies’.

Yours Sincerely,
    [​IMG]
    Duchess of Zastorzy, Duchess of Middle Zastorzy, Duchess of South Zastorzy, Countess of Sirbiska, Countess of Wirslawa, Countess of Slavo, Countess of Imperial Call, Countess of Landau, Countess of Merlau, Countess of Taborin, Mercy of Erai, and Lady of House Santorski

and of course,

[​IMG]
    Lady of the Twin Isles, Duchess of Yorrick, Duchess of West Dorinn, Duchess of East Dorrin, Countess of North Yorrick, Countess of Alford, Countess of Morinn, Countess of Liarson, Countess of Vesis, Countess of Taspis, Countess of Tallin, Countess of Dorrin, Keeper of Laws, and Lady of House Lo​

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Generous Generous x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    #6 Feykronos, Jun 15, 2014
  7. LadyRose_

LadyRose_ Ithanian Princess

[​IMG]
    As word of the invasion upon the Pileran lands made it across the ranks of the Red army led by the words of Olivia and Sylvia Pileran- a quick decision was made to retract all of the standing army that currently resided within the Elven lands back to the lands of Dragonthal in order to protect the lands in which the representing body currently held. Thus leading to the formation of ‘The Duchy of Charleston’ between the Paloin and Red family.

This will end all aid to the Elven army as of current- until hostilities between fellow nobility come to an end.

-*-

“If the Crown Prince will do nothing for his soldiers in the war, then we shall not fight for his name.” - Duke Alistair Red, when in private with Duchess Yvette Red

-*-
    @BadassBarbas @Cielian @Ben_2025 @Ninjapig @Antoinette

• Like Like x 2
  8. Sully

Sully The Huntsman

Upon hearing of the news that an Anahera force had attacked his families lands, Terrowin stood by his window, glaring out the estate yard, his vision directing towards the Anahera mansion. Halbarad, his servant sits at his desk, finishing a letter.
    "The man said to Freya they have.. /oh so much/ power on their hands..." He said, tapping the back of his palm with his folded hands behind his back.
    "I will show them power."

@Metamorp @Valsparr @Shuikenai @BabaManga

• Like Like x 1
  9. PaulaDeen

PaulaDeen qt pie

Olivia sat at the desk of her manor's bedroom, located in calar. She'd heard of the attack, waiting for Anahera ships to show up on the island's shores. They hadn't come yet, but Olivia sensed they would soon. She'd known what to do the whole time, but Sylvia wouldn't agree. In fact, Xalvador wouldn't agree as well. The idea of surrender would frighten them both, but it was simply the only logical choice left. Sighing, Olivia knew what had to be done, and that it would have to be done soon. Picking up a quill, Olivia composed a letter.

Dear Ser. Anahera,

I know that you find me to be dull and would rather not read the contents of this letter, but I feel that it will benefit you and I. Upon hearing of your attack on the Pileran lands, I was not pleased. However, being a smart woman, I am aware that the only choice left is to surrender. Though I am willing to give my land to you, I doubt Sylvia and Xalvador will comply. I know such decisions will only end in fighting, and wish for the opposite. Therefore, I have composed a plan that will give you land, and me power. The first step in this plan is to eliminate Sylvia from the state council and give what's left of her land to me. I don't wish for her council seat, but would like the remainder of Alberta's land. The second step, is that after reciving this land, I shall swear allegiance to the Anahera family. This will give you a second lordship, and I will get both control of the Pileran lands, and the ducal title both Sylvia and Xalvador have been refusing me. I hope you'll agree to my simple plan, and that no violence will come out of this. However, if this cannot be accomplished, I am prepared to surrender the one barony I have.
    Sincerely,
    Olivia Pileran

Handing the letter to a servant, Olivia sighed and watched as a lone ship sailed towards Pays Sud, its sails did not have the customary Pileran colors of green and brown on them, but the white flags of surrender. Olivia felt a bit guilty, knowing that her family would disgrace her if this didn't work, but it was the only choice.
    @BabaManga @Metamorp @Valsparr @Sully

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. Film_Noir

Film_Noir Snowdonian Pirate

"You lousy traitors of the empire!" he spat as the Reds' ships departed Daendroc. For a brief moment, he considered what future battles against the elves he could join, until the sudden realisation occurred to him. Now his lands lay unprotected from the Reds. And so home, he too, went.

• Like Like x 1
    #10 Film_Noir, Jun 15, 2014
  11. LadyRose_

LadyRose_ Ithanian Princess

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Kandane

Kandane Wibbly Wobbly Windy Winny

Fight. Fight. Fight.

13. Ellimairy

Ellimairy Sophia Du Polignac

'I said so, Didn't I?'

'Yes Milady, You did.'

'I said, all hell would break loose, and it did!"

'Yes Madam.'

'And look where they are now! The Anahera Filth, who just ran up to the emperor, to claim a title. Hmmpf!'

'Indeed Madam..'

'I say to you, the old Emperor would not have allowed this! Mark my words!'

'Yes, He wouldn't have madam.'

'The crown is loosing friends by this, but maybe it is time for a new reign.'

'Yes Madam.'

'Are you even listening to me?'

'Yes Madam.'

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Phon_Senajan

Phon_Senajan Out there ON the sun

Aaaannnddd everything goes to hell.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. krios41

krios41 Privjet

altough i do not understand all of this it does remind me of a board game named RISK and instead of earth we take Regalia and the archipello (thing?)
    (congratz on confusing me again XD)

16. HydraLana

HydraLana The Very Gay Walking Talking Lore Encyclopedia Staff Member Lore3

Leugel grabs all family members from Regalia, after he leaves the Santorski's service, and barricades them all into Mörkuggla Castle.

"Traitorous...." Then let's loose a giant string of curse words about the Santorskis that causes his niece to faint.

As they carried her unconscious body upstairs, he turns to everyone else and says "We aren't leaving this castle until that whole...mess is cleaned up by the Crown Prince or SOMEone who can reign in the madmen and woman of this..."Consortium". We must survive to defend our home from these people if they decide to come here."

((@davis1814 @Rose Smith @Blakewerewolf98 @Geaoh halt any RPing with these characters because...well, Leugel has over-reacted a tiny bit but keep developing them in character apps and such))​

17. DipliPsychi

DipliPsychi your server farmboy

Hey, As long as they don't mess with the Dwarves.

18. DrFong

DrFong The Knave of Rats

Dr. Fong stood on the deck of his flagship. He had a glower on his face. He was hoping beyond hope that the Los and Anaheras had a good explanation. An explanation why it was he, an old man, who was here risking his life and the lives of his people for the war effort. At any moment some viper might seize his own lands and kill his own people back home!

The ships were all very crowded with the rescued armies from the recent failed assault. They were very disgruntled, having been routed from the land. They had gotten so close to the prize! They weren't able to seize the Elvish crown. A few more troops and maybe they could have captured it and ended the war.

Word had reached most of the troops that there was another war being fought back home. They grumbled and many wished to return home to protect their families.

Dr. Fong looked into the troubled skies and sensed a shift in the direction of the wind. He was waiting for some kind of sign.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Oxoman

Oxoman Astronaut, Reverend and Millionaire Playboy

Oh, please Ulric, woncha lemme kill 'em? C'mon, pleaseeee!

• Like Like x 3
    #19 Oxoman, Jun 15, 2014
  20. Terence29

Terence29 "Kittyhulk"

As the word of the deeds of the Santorski Family reached to the remnants of the army of the Battle of H'relllen, Ludwig got confused rather quickly. They were always so kind, how could they do something like this? He lost his respect for Aron almost completely, and started to worry about his friend Kama'l on the Santorski side. Would it be possible that he and Ludwig will have to face each other on the battlefield soon, after all what they have been through together...?

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Grotlenator

Grotlenator Leinhart Degen, Mall Cop

Upon seeing the withdrawal of his troops, Vurgruk's expression turns to a deep frown. "Damn it, We nay be retreatin'. I'm gonna talk ta da Red humies. No force o' mine gonna be retreatin'. If day be retreatin', I nay gonna fight under dere flag. Yub. I no gonna be in a force o' cowards."

22. babaMP3

[​IMG]

The county of Caldais had already been taken by Anahera soldiers, Alejandro knew. He had even been given reports of the Pileran girl being in the county at the time of siege. Why she would conjure up a surrender before the baronies were fully annexed was a mystery to him, but mysteries could wait.

The girl had proposed a plethora of possibilities, but the wording in her letter proved otherwise. Greed. Perhaps it was some swirl of the wrist to produce what Alejandro considered to be an example of hubris declarations and meager offerings, but that was trivial. The woman presented an easy enough end to the conflict, though the Lady Sylvia and her grandson remain ever-so quiet. He let out a low sigh, snatching his quill and beginning to write.

To the Senorita Olivia of the House Pileran,

The intentions of your letter elude. Besides betraying your own blood and kin, you offer yourself to me. Why? This is nary a simple sequence of thought for one to decipher. I am caught in a web. A web of supposed truths and promises, all baseless in everything except proposed word. I tire of proposals from the one's beyond the siege-lines, and instead offer you this:

I shall grant you one duchy of the Pays Sud lordship. Whether or not the title of lordship passes to me is still something to be determined. The political placement of the rest of your House is irrelevant. Irrelevant to me, and to you. Where they land at the end of this is not any of mine-own concern. Howe-~

A guard arrived through the doors of his office in Casa de Anahera. In his pinched grip lay another letter, obviously from the Pileran. After all, who else would urgently send a letter at this time? Snatching his letter opener, he slit the envelope across the top, the contents of a note present inside. Plucking the delicate parchment from its home, Alejandro scanned over it, his lips warping into a distasteful frown. "Oh-so adamant, she is." He mumbled to himself, his attention slowly skipping back to his letter. He gave a shrug, giving a nonchalant toss to the note over his shoulder as he set back to his writing.

-ever, I advise you leave the planning to me. All the planning is to be left to me, seeing as your county's troops lay either dead or deserted. Now, of course, my generosity comes with a price. With the duchy, you shall of course bend the knee to me and my House, therefore being a vassal under the de facto Lordship of Girobalda (should my endeavors for the Lordship of Pays Sud prove distasteful). You shall also marry an Anahera, therefore taking the name Anahera, and birthing heirs of the Anahera name. You shall also swear an oath of non-aggression towards myself and my House, or any of the vassals or titles under de facto Girobalda. You shall maintain a ducal title of my choosing when the conflict is over and done with, and it shall not be revoked or otherwise by myself or inheritors.

The explicit details, of course, shall be maintained in a contract that I will write within the coming days. Until then, consider my offers.

With Sincere Regards,
    Senor Alejandro of the House Anahera, Lord of Girobalda, Duke of Pas Natal, Duke of Girobalda Proper, Duke of Inner Girobalda, Count of Natal, Count of Argentos, Count of Leone, Count of Mestia, Count of Olivares, Count of Amilcare, and Rightful Duke of Cannes Pays and Rochellais
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Generous Generous x 1
    #22 babaMP3, Jun 15, 2014
  23. FCCarnilord

FCCarnilord Regalian Lesser Noble

I look at all of these impossibly well thought out posts/roleplay, and remember how lame I am.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  24. xanbear

xanbear Oh Xanny Boi! The pipes the pipes are calling!~

Xalvador stood upright, shoulders back, looking about as dignified as he could as he was paraded through the streets of Alberta. Being met with only Silence from his ex-subjects Xalvador just stared ahead. He could not bear to look his people in their eyes after his crushing, humiliating, and ultimately embarrassing defeat at Coit Noir. It wasn't even worthy of the history books, and it still ended with almost 500 families lacking a first born son in a single battle. The whole conflict cost almost 1200 families their first born. He had let his people down, and he was certain he wouldnt be forgiven. He didnt blame them.

25. Grotlenator

Grotlenator Leinhart Degen, Mall Cop

Well... Wow.

26. Metamorp

Metamorp Irka Roos: wild wig-wearing wretch

"My /grande/ bijoux vert!!" would boom from the Pileran estate, Sylvia's cries and constant yelling heard within. The odd crashing of plates and smashing of cutlery is heard as well.

"How dare they.. How dare they! The Pileran clan is the rightful owner to said lands, I am quite sure of it! For shame! For shame! I had trusted the Anahera lineage all of these years, associating myself with Celine heretofore! Blasphemy.. I have lounges within these estates engraved with her name in remembrance! Yet.. They turn around.. And accomplish this..! Say it isn't so! Say.. It isn't.. Gah..! Anger fills my veins, the constant feeling of oppression reigns down upon me! I shalt not allow for my favoured citizens of Alberta Shores and neighbouring lands to be treated as this.." Sylvia would yell directly in to the face of an unsuspecting servant, one of whom was simply offering her another Sherry to wash down her fine cheese with fresh raspberry coulis and apple compote.

"
    I demand to speak to somebody of this! Get me the Crown Prince! Get me him this instant! This is the last time any Pileran member shalt be associated with the Anahera scum! For they have tarnished our once held relationship! Foul be this.. Celine Anahera would be ashamed, ashamed I dare say! ASHAMED!" cried Sylvia.

@BabaManga @Valsparr @Braner321 @Hiu403

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    #26 Metamorp, Jun 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  27. Metamorp

A wet, sopping envelope which appears to be dragged through horse manure would arrive at the Anahera estate. The foul stench emitting from the page would leave ones senses quite displeased. Upon opening it, speckles of mud and animal excrement would surely spatter over ones drawing table.

"...Anahera

Dost thou recall a time where our lineage would meet for tea and light refreshments? Perhaps catch up upon the jovial chit-chat that we would so enjoy. I do so recall such a period, quite a healthy relationship was shared between us! Oh..! Lest I forget to mention the various treaties, and trade agreements set in place as well? For shame! I have used those now to start a comfortable fire, where I rest my sore and swollen feet upon for common warmth.

Riddle me this! For what reasoning, and I demand evidence in the written form from our Crown Prince or any accredited historian, that your foul lineage has any claim over the Alberta Shores and surrounding isles! Was there ever a time where the Pileran lineage had stormed your counties, pillaging and destroying the very structure that was oh-so built upon!? Methinks not! Thus, what would give you the reasoning to do such upon our harmonious isles? Perhaps to prove a point? Is it out of pure greed to embezzle us for our abundance of resources? If it is so, then why not work towards a proper trading agreement? Oh! But wait! How daft of me, I had forgotten that your name speaks nothing but scum to my well-trained ears!

I will not be handing over any land claims, not until I see more evidence than a half-scrawled piece of paper written by any wit you manage to hire off the filthy streets!

Post Script

Ah! But I had almost forgotten. Should you wish to retrieve your abundance of opium gifted to us, you may retrieve the eighteen tonne load we recently dumped off into the harbour of Regalia!

Warm regards,
    [​IMG]

@BabaManga

28. babaMP3

Taking the letter from his doorstep through a pinched index finger and thumb, Alejandro shook his head slowly left and right, a series of sharp 'Tsks' escaping his stiffly set lips. Turning on his heels, Alejandro casually tossed the wonderfully 'wet' letter to an expectant servant just behind the man. Hitting the servant straight in the chest, the letter emitted a foul collection of quiet pops, slops, and gurgles as the foul morsel slapped into the servant's chest. Wide-eyed and dumbfounded, the servant's gaze snapped to Alejandro. Perhaps it was one of worry, one of surprise, or perhaps one of just pure disgust, but Alejandro cared naught,"Go over to a chamberpot and eh... Sift through that for the actual letter... Also, be sure to bathe that thing in some sort of perfume if you'd be so kind." He gave a nod to the servant, who still stood completely bewildered.

It took a solid 20 minutes for the servant to sift through the fecal matter. Delicately slipping the letter next to Alejandro's assembled breakfast, he let out a sigh. The pungent reek of roses now filled the dining room, with the distant miasma of horse manure ever-so present, if only in the far background. After delicately unfolding the less-than-gracious parchment, Alejandro's brow slowly began to rise as his gaze shot through the written word. "Oh, even more 'ferocious' than her dearest Olivia. Quaint." He mumbled to himself, trading the parchment for his cup of tea. The warm tea gave a burst of flavor of the eastern spices. The mixes of ginger, cinnamon, cloves, black pepper, and nutmeg assaulted his tongue in a relentless siege of flavor. Whether it calmed his fury or exacerbated it was beyond him, at the moment.

"Bernardo. That was your name, si? Pen a letter. After me now, eh?"

To the Less-Than-Gracious and Hardly Esteemed Lady Sylvia of the Lesser House Pileran,

I thank you for the gift of your rather... Quaint letter. I would wonder where you find such a grand amount of manure, but I must simply remember the common words that spew from one's own mouth surely supply enough for your letter wrappings. Even the late Freya Lo supported the theory of the shrill words spat from between your lips were akin to the matter from one's backside lips, to put it kindly.

I must also remind you of the mercy I have bestowed upon you and your House. Due to the relations of our late Celine, I thought it best in my most morally inclined heart to release your dearest kin with my most humble and merciful of terms. Why, even if I had the urge to send your Olivia off to some Unionist nunnery for her foul betrayals against her own blood, I couldn't do so due to mine-own highly praised and elevated code of honor. Along with my general amount of mercy provided, I must also remind you that I possess your gaudy jewel.

Though the ancestral claims of the two duchies may appear thin in nature, such lacks any relevance now, seeing as your over-sized rock now remains in my grasp. For whatever reason, it is conceived after the feudal and lordly laws of the once dubbed 'Pays Sud' Lordship that the jewel maintains any and all claim upon those most gracious lands.

Now, begone with the silly talk of politics. After all, such activity should be between men of the house, rather than doddering old women, unless you are of the caliber that our dearest Celine was (which you most definitely are not). How goes the kin? Do you fare well? Have you tried any new petty pastries? Have you packed all of your furniture? After all, the Imperial State will expect you out of the High Noble District at some point. I believe the House Santorski is in need of a home in our fair community. The joys of the modern day!
    Post Script:
    Littering is a foul crime. Expect a fine.

DICTATED BUT NOT READ
    With Sincere Regards,

Alejandro of the House Anahera, Lord of the Foreign Houses in the Imperial State Council, Lord of Giorbalda and Lord of San Célin, Duke of Pas Natal, Duke of Inner Girobalda, Duke of Girobalda Proper, Duke of Canneys Pays, Duke of Rochellais, Count of Natal, Count of Argentos, Count of Leone, Count of Mestia, Count of Olivares, Count of Amilcare, Count of Rupois, Count of Cannois, Count of Desivres, and Count of Caldais
    After letting out a sigh, Alejandro looked the servant up and down. "Deliver that to the Pilerans. Be sure to include a bouquet of poppies of the grandest arrangement." And with that, Alejandro finally continued to eat his breakfast, upon his brand new House Pileran family banner tablecloth, of course.
    @Metamorp

29. Metamorp

After quite some time, a small and pitiful note would be rested upon the Anahera doorstep. Such a mere morsel, perhaps even stepped on once or twice by the passerby not noticing it. After inspection, the small and now-wrinkled page would read:

"Alejhandreonion,

I thank you.
    Syl."
    @BabaManga

30. babaMP3

Alejandro would frame the dainty note over the mantlepiece.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1